Skip to content

So… New Adventure in the offing

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
I was sick for a long time, but I am finally better (for various definitions of "better"). So I thought to run another old 2e adventure for anyone interested. This one is split into various "themed" levels, so if players lose interest, we can easily stop or go onto the next.

One again, PCs will be Baldur's Gate NPCs, from BG1 and 2. You'll be starting at level 1 with normal equipment.

The module we'll be playing in is WG7 Castle Greyhawk. It is primarily a humor-module, with levels like "Temple of the Really Bad Dead Things", "Too Many Cooks", "Queen of the Honeybee Hive" "Fluffy Goes Down the Drain", "Mordarkainen's Movie Madness" and "Name of the Game".

Alternatively, there is B1 "Into the Unknown", which was the first module ever released. Half of it, the DM has to flesh out themselves (mostly monsters and treasure).

Let me know (by replying) what module you'd like to play, and what character.
JuliusBorisovmlneveseNonnahswriterrufus_hobartlolienCrevsDaakAwong124

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm so glad that you feel better. *crosses fingers

I'll lurk around to see how this actually is going.
    NonnahswriterlolienCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Castle Greyhawk sounds fun :)
    JuliusBorisovrufus_hobartlolienCrevsDaak
  • Kaisc006Kaisc006 Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2015
    Coran here always up for adventure! As long as there's plenty of loot and fine woman at the end it doesn't matter to me ;) Question though... Never done role-playing on the BG forums before. Is there a preferred method for character sheets?
    Post edited by Kaisc006 on
    JuliusBorisovrufus_hobartlolienCrevsDaak
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Kaisc006 I have all the stats needed on all the characters. No need to post anything. But I do need you to decide what starting thief skills Coran has.
    lolienCrevsDaak
    @Bengoshi Always glad to have a set of eyes on me. :)

@minevese Any ideas on what character you want to play? Or are you going for the eyes again? ;)
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    @LadyRhian Hmmmm... an humorous setting... I should play Rincewind... but I don't have his supernatural survival instincts :)

I'll go for the eyes. :)
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    LadyRhian said:

One again, PCs will be Baldur's Gate NPCs, from BG1 and 2. You'll be starting at level 1 with normal equipment.

Hmmm... Who should I play out of the pool of adventurers...?

Aerie.

But... She'll be starting at level one--

Aerie.

But cleric/mages level so slowly!

Aerie.

Look, I know I love her class and her personality and all, but I really don't think--

AERIE AERIE AERIE AERIE AERIE.

Gah! Okay, fine! I'll play Aerie.

And you know this already, but Castle Greyhawk sounds like too much fun to ignore. ^_^
    rufus_hobartlolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @Nonnahswriter Aerie it is! Decide which spells you want to take. :)
    And yes, it *is* a fun module.
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakNonnahswriter
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I spent a more lesser time on the forum lately, but for participating in a LR role play run i will definitely come back. So BG1 and BG2 NPC-s? Is Arkanis a valid choice?
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    o0o, may I please play?

I would like to play as young squire Anomen. Level 1 fighter using his spear to impress the ladies.
    mlneveselolien
    @deltago Sure!

@lolien I found his stats online. All right, you can do it.
    lolien
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'd like to join as Khalid, please, and i vote for the topmost module.

JuliusBorisov
    Sorry, had to go back into the hospital for a small bit because I got bad runs after being on my meds. :P But I should be back now.

So, our party consists of …

@Kaisc006 Coran, an Elven Fighter/Thief
    @minevese Minsc, a Human Ranger
    @Nonnahswriter Aerie, an Avariel Elf Cleric/Magic User
    @lolien Arkanis, a Dwarf Fighter
    @Deltago Anomen a Human Fighter/Cleric
    @scriver Khalid, a Half-Elven Fighter

It would be nice to have another arcane spell caster and/or another Rogue-type, but this is fine.

Decide what equipment you want. Or you can start with game-standard. Coran, you have 60 points to distribute among your thief skills.

Anomen and Aerie, you get to pick cleric spells. 1 for Anomen, 3 for Aerie. Aerie, you also start with 1 magic user spell.

You can start with your BG1 weapon preferences at 1st level or pick new ones. Fighters get 4 picks, Aerie gets one, Coran and Anomen get 3.

Coran, your starting values are:
    PIck Pockets 35%
    Open Locks 25%
    Find/Remove Traps 15%
    Move Silently 30%
    Hide in Shadows 30%
    Detect Noise 20%
    Climb Walls 60%
    Read Languages 0%

You cannot add more than 30 points in any one skill.

Please, When you post as your character, keep them In-character. Separately, Add an OOC: to describe actions your character is taking. For example…

Imoen stuck her tongue out at the offending orc and drew her short sword, "You aren't the boss of me!" she cried.

OOC: Imoen attacks the lead orc with her short sword.

I will be starting a new thread for the actual adventure. :)
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisovlolien
    OOC: If we are starting at first level, would I not just be a fighter? Or are we scrapping dualling? This affects equipment and weapon proficiencies and of course spell choices.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    OOC: I'm packing two Cure Light Wounds, one Sanctuary, and one Sleep for my spells. ^_^

I'm also taking a sling for my one proficiency. Because screw melee combat~! :wink:

If @mlnevese is Minsc... Does this mean I get to be his witch?? o.o
    lolien
    @deltago You start as a 1/1 Fighter/Cleric After this first level, you choose what you want to be "specializing" in for the level

@Nonnahswriter If he wants you to be. :)
    lolien
    OOC: Spear x 2, and mace as prof. For equipment, if I can have Delryn Family shield (or even a watered down version of it) that'd be nice. Detect evil will be my first level cleric spell.
    lolien
    OOC Minsc will go with a two-handed sword and the heaviest armor he can afford. Besides, Blades, blades for everyone! :)
    @Nonnahswriter It will be an honor to be your guardian :)
    Nonnahswriterlolien
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'm to copy his game inventory and and start with a longsword, splint mail, helmet, and medium shield (or equivalent if any of them are different in pnp), and two blips in long sword, one in axes, and one in long bows. I hope that is okay?
    lolien
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    edited April 2015
    hello, I've been unactive on the forums for what feels like ages, but I would like to try this role-playing thing out. So LadyRhian, care to include Jan Jansen in the party?
    Post edited by cyberhawk on
    lolien
    @cyberhawk Sure!

@scriver Fine. :)
    @minevese He can afford chain mail with his Zweihander. ;)
    lolien
    ahh, so we are all going on an adventure soon! The timing could not be better as well, it was a very bad season for turnips, you know. Not enough sun and too much rain for them. Uncle Scratchy was furious and you would not want to know, how that turns out! It seems, the eternal dilemma of turnip business vs. adventures is easy to solve this year.

As for my preparations, I always have my trusty (as well as highly patented) Flash Master Bruiser Mates and the Flasher launcher with me. 10 of the FMBMates to be exact. I also have memorized Identification and Sleep. Besides those, I have Reflected Image, Protection from Evil, Color Spray and Grease in my spell book.
    lolien
    @cyberhawk Not this early in his career! He's got a crossbow and regular bolts. (for now, anyway) Also, I have noted that you have "The word" in your spell book. ;)

lolien
    edited April 2015
    OOC: but I do get to use Jans armor, monocular-thingy and gloves? Or any one of them? Or is he completely without equipment besides the light crossbow and standard bolts?

Edit: Is Frankie Valli a meme now?
    lolien
    No. They are for you to make and/or discover along the way. :) You can have leather armor, but can't cast spells in armor. (Sorry!) Remember, though, that Jan is out of Baldur's Gate 2 and is meant for higher-level parties to use. You can develop them along the way… Just not have them right out of the gate. It would be unfair to the other players.
    lolien
    OOC: that's OK with me! Jan has no armor whatsoever, just normal clothes on. Don't need the leather armor, instead I'd like 30GP for Jans private stash. Gnomes like that :) And the turnip business wasn't going well, this is why he is going on the adventure in the first place.
    lolien
    Yes, your turnip business collapsed, leaving you holding the empty cart (so to speak). ;)

@Kaisc006 Where are yooooou?
    lolien
    OOC: if I can have a leather armor, this means I must have some money to spend. So I'd rather hold on to the money, instead of buying the armor. Maybe leather armor is cheaper than 30GP? I don't remember. Whatever it is, Jan wants to have it :wink:
    lolien
    @Cyberhawk Actually, between the Crossbow and extra bolts, you have about 25 gp left.
    lolien