Skip to content

***[COMPLETE]*** Pure Necromancer solo challenge (Restricted to using only necromancy spells)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Congratulations of beating BG1! It was a joyful reading, thank you for sharing:)

The only thing I wonder is whether the Sarevok's battle included the SCS improvement or not. I understand you didn't need to kill all the lieutenants first so that Sarevok could at least be wounded.
    kcwise
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    No I had none of the improved battles installed, I wasn't that brave. To be honest the playthrough wasn't as hard as I was expecting, so maybe next time.
    kcwise
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    That last battle was great to read! Makes me want to do another BG run. Gahhh. I have too many RPGs to play and so little time >_<
    kcwise
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Posted without noticing there was a second page that made my post irrelevant. Great run!
    Post edited by joluv on
    kcwise
    edited April 2015
    Vallmyr said:

That last battle was great to read! Makes me want to do another BG run. Gahhh. I have too many RPGs to play and so little time >_<</p>

I know the feeling. I'm back at work tomorrow so BG2 updates are going to be few and far between.
    kcwise
    And so the BG2 run begins. This time I plan to try and get by with minimal wand use, allowing myself only the wand that casts breach and pierce magic (For my sanity when fighting mages).

1 Mirtul 1369

I don't have much time, but I need to get my thoughts in order. A few weeks ago I'm not sure exactly when, I was ambushed, cowled figures came for me as I slept and I was powerless to resist. I was imprisoned, tortured and experimented on by a mage of no small power.

Today the complex was attacked, by whom I know not, but I have no time to count my good fortune just yet. During the commotion I was freed from my Cell by a face from my past ...Imoen!

The same Imoen I left for dead back near Candlekeep, is she a phantom? A Mirrorkin? Or did this mage Irenicus find and raise her in his pursuit of me, and if so why? Now is not the time for answers, I sent her off alone, how can I trust one who died at my own hand?

It seems I'm not the only one who was captured, the cells next to mine are two others I encounter in my travels along the Sword Coast, Gorions friend the stuck up half elf Jaheira, and the mind addled bezerker warrior Minsc. Neither of whoms company appeals to me, so I have left them in their cells to rot.

Now, how do I escape from this place?

MortiannakcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Wow you're steamrolling through the game, and that with the challenges you've imposed. Congrats good sir, and keep it up!
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
    edited April 2015
    18 Kythorn 1369

Upon pressing the locals I discovered I had found myself in the city of Athkatla, specifically some kind of market district in the great city. I have made more than a few enemies these past few months, but one so far to the south? Who is this Irenicus?

The equipment and treasures I had accumulated in my travels on the Sword Coast are now as good as lost to me, so I used the opportunity to sell off the items I had liberated from the underground dungeon, and resupply.

18 Kythorn 1369

I don't believe it! FINALLY!

After months spent crawling through some of the deepest, darkest crypts and dungeons of the sword coast I have finally secured the means to animate the dead! The secret of reanimation is now in my hands, and where did I find such a awesome power? The tomb of an ancient Demi Lich? The lair of a powerful necromancer? No I found it casually displayed on the stall of a fat dimwitted bookkeeper name Galoomp GALOOMP!! PAHAHAHA!.

20 Kythorn 1369

Scribing and memorizing new scrolls takes time, so I booked in to a local Inn, and took a few days to recuperate from my recent trials. Before checking out, I encountered a dwarf by the name of Mencar Pebblecrusher who had the nerve to insult me. Time to put my new minions to the test...

Mencar was overconfident as he had allies covering his back. I summoned 3 skeletons, and then proceeded to drop a number of horror spells into the room. All hell broke loose, as Mencar and several of his allies suddenly lost their nerve and started running around looking for a way to escape. The groups Barbarian in a fit of blind rage ignored me completely and charged his ally the dwarf. Taking advantage I sent my skeletons after the Barbarian and proceeded to blast him with what ever I could throw at him, he went down fairly easily.

Next I turned my attention to the dwarf, focusing my energies I hit him with a contagion spell, but to no effect. The Dwarf was tough, I took a moment to compose my self and then tried again. This time the dwarf slowed down to a crawl, weakened by the sickness that coursed through his veins I could now focus my attention on the Mage and his familiar.

My skeletons engaged the mage, whilst I started strategically placing Skull Traps. Mencar, the familiar and apparently an as yet invisible foe started to set off the traps in their panic. Before long only Mencar and his invisible ally remained, my horror spell wore off. Even slowed by disease, weakened and wounded Mencar was a handful, and to make things worse his invisible friend decided to now make his presence felt by sticking his knife in my back. If I hadn't absorbed the barbarians lifeforce earlier the blow would have killed me for sure. I released another horror spell and the rogue once again made a break for it.

Focusing everything I had on the Dwarf he finally went down, but not before taking down several skeletons. With just the thief remaining I released my last remaining skull trap which finally dropped my last adversary.

My skeletons are not nearly as strong as I had hoped, I figure this is a result of my inexperience with the spell, the caliber of skeleton warrior should improve as I get stronger.

The party was well equipped, their equipment will fetch a fair price at the Adventure Mart, I also found a few items worth keeping, a very useful ring of Invisibility, and a scroll of death!

8 Flamerule 1369

As I was leaving the market district I was stopped by a city guard. A visiting circus tent had been closed off, the inhabitants inside held captive by some dark magic. The welfare of the local citizenry does not concern me in the slightest, but this dark power is intriguing so I agreed to investigate.

The interior of the tent was vast, much larger than the exterior, magic obviously at work. I found myself in a large cave, facing a grand palace, inside I encountered an chained Ogre claiming to be an Elf, and begging for release. I couldn't tell if there was any truth to the beasts words, so I cut it down. The monster soon reverted to its true form, a small frail elf girl. Oh well better safe than sorry.

As I made my way through the Palace I realized that most of the enemies, werewolves and shadows were in fact harmless illusions, only made dangerous if they themselves were attacked. I reached the uppermost level of the palace and encountered a ogre mage. I was attacked by more illusions, but by ignoring them they remained harmless. I started to summon my skeletons, but before I could order them to attack the ogre, they turned around and attacked the illusions, making the threat real!

I shouldn't have worried unlike the Dwarf I encountered earlier, these monsters fell easily to my skeletons, and the ogre fell soon afterwards. It turns out, the ogre was a gnomish illusionist, I didn't find discovert he dark magics I had hoped, however I did find a valuable treasure on his corpse, a ring of Human Influence, not only can I now bend those of lesser mind to my will, the local merchants will now stop trying to rip me off on account of my poor 'people' skills.image
    Post edited by Genryu on
    kcwiseMortiannaJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited April 2015
    12 Flamerule 1369

I was approached by a shifty character named Gaelan Bayle whilst exploring the slums district. He knows much of me and my pursuit of the mage Irenicus, a little too much for my liking. In exchange for 20,000gp he has agreed to set me up with an organization who can help me track down the wizard. I don't like him, but have decided to play along for now.

12 Flamerule 1369

Brus a young street urchin, and pickpocket working for Gaelan approached me as I left the strangers house. He informed that if I needed to raise enough funds to cover Gaelans fee, then a cowled wizard named Tolgerias was looking to hire a mercenary, though he could offer no insight as to what the job was. This cowled wizard may have the information I need to track down Irenicus, and if that's the case then to hell with Bayle and his fee.

I tracked Tolgerias to the government building, he has no information on Irenicus or Imoens imprisonment, but has agreed to look into the matter if I undertake his job. There is a bounty on a man named Valygar, wanted dead or alive for the murder of two cowled wizards. His account of the murders is purposely vague, and I believe his is probabally hiding something, however I care not for this Valygar and his information could be invaluable.

Before I left, I purchased a magic license. Whilst getting myself purposely arrested and imprisoned by the mages would be a sure fire way to find Irenicus, I really dont want to find my self imprisoned yet again, between my time in the Candlekeep and Flaming Fist dungeons, and Irenicus's Cage I have spent enough time behind bars for one lifetime.

13 Flamerule 1369

I tracked Valygar down to a cabin in the Umar Hills, and he had some interesting things to say. As I suspected the cowled wizard was holding out on me, it seems Valygars blood is the secret to unlocking the entrance to a magical sphere that has appeared in the slums of Athkatla, supposedly this sphere can travel through the very planes, and is home to a powerful Necromancer.

Its no wonder the Cowled Wizards lied to me, I cut down Valygar and claimed his body for myself. Whatever secrets the sphere holds, they will be mine, not the foolish cowled wizards.

On another note I can feel my strength increasing daily, my godblood augmenting my black magics, my skeletons have become significantly stronger. By using the bones from multiple carcasses I have managed to create a skeleton warrior standing almost 9 feet tall!

13 Flamerule 1369

The Umar Hills reek of death, or rather of undeath, at least to one attuned to such magics, like myself. People have been going missing in the night, only to turn up as bloody carcasses, and shadowy figures have been spotted in the surrounding woods at night.

I care not one bit about the fate of this backwater little village, but I feel there is much power to gain from investigating these dark creatures. I have agreed to assist the minister of the town, a pathetic little worm named Lloyd, but first I need to attend to the Planar Sphere in Athkatla, I don't plan to go delving into the ruins around the Umar Hills will Valygars Corpse slumped over my shoulder, and I dare not risk animating his corpse in case the magic nullifies the effect his blood will have on the Planar Sphere. No... one job at a time, the hills will still be here when my business at the sphere is concluded, though I cant be quite as certain about its citizens.

Post edited by Genryu on
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    20 Flamerule 1369

I may have made a terrible mistake in coming here....

With Valygars corpse I managed to gain access to the sphere without incident, and inside I found myself in a room with three doors, two of which were locked. With only one path open to me, I entered the unlocked room and found myself face to face with a golem of clay.

My skeletons were ineffective, the golem was completely immune to their attacks as well as my magicks. What's more the golem moved fast, incredibly so, and struck with devastating strength and power, my skeletons dropped like flies, and I was gravely wounded myself.

I quickly fled past the golem and into the room he had been guarding, closing the door behind me whilst the last of my skeletons fell. I consumed a healing potion and soon felt better, however I was now trapped by a foe I had no chance of beating. Searching the room I found a golems arm, and a key, probably to one of the 2 doors outside.

As I placed the items into my pack I noticed the magical ring I claimed from the party of Mencarr Pebblecrusher, I might not be so trapped after all! I opened the door and then retreated backwards, the golem closing in on me fast, and then POOF! Ring on my finger I vanished from sight, and the golem stopped dead in its tracks. I quietly crept past and closed the door behind me, that was too close for comfort.

Time to rest and recouperate before proceeding.

28 Flamerule 1369

The Golem had hurt me good, it took a good week to fully recover. Using the key I found in the Golems room, I opened the central door and the sphere suddenly whirred to life, the sphere's entrance locking fast behind me. I don't think we are in Athkatla anymore Toto! Trapped and obviously no longer on the Prime Material Plane, I had no other choice than to forge ahead

Yes I have made a terrible mistake in coming here......

edited April 2015
    20 Elint 1369

Using my Bhaalspawn taint to call upon holy might I was able to break through the remaining locked door. Inside I found a scrying device showing my new location, a demonic landscape obviously one of the lower planes.

For months I fought a war of attrition with mind addled halflings, elementals and imps, retreating after each small victory too a small safe room inhabited by a group of trapped knights. On more than one occasion I had to use my skeletons as cannon fodder to escape a rampaging Golem. Slowly but surely I fought my way towards the spheres control room, and its resident Necromancer Lavok.

As soon as I approached I could tell this man was powerful, much more so than me. I kept my distance, and used wave after wave of skeleton warrior to absorb the brunt of his magics, eventually he expended the last of his memorized spells, and not a moment too soon, my last skeleton was just about finished. I rushed in and we fought staff to staff, my spirit armour and holy might giving me the edge.

Before I could deliver the killing blow, a sudden change came over him, some great evil escaping his doomed frail body, Lavok had been possessed! Whilst I would have preferred to leave him to his fate, I needed him to get home so we struck a deal, he would show me how to operate the Sphere and return home in exchange for sparing his life and allowing him to see the Faerun one last time.

The Sphere requires a great power source to operate, to fuel the machine I need the heart of a Tanar'ri, no easy feat, its a good job I'm stranded in the lower planes.

Leaving the sphere I found myself in an alien and demonic landscape. The place made me uneasy, summoning a small group of undead, and preparing my defenses I set off with the intention of getting in and out as fast as possible. My search didn't take long, the appearance of a giant metal sphere had already caught the interest of the locals, and I was soon attacked by imps, salamanders and more importantly an imposing Tanar'ri. My Horror magics sent the lesser demons running, and gave me the chance to lure the greater demon away to my waiting skeletons.

The demons power was incredible, but by drawing his attention I was able to keep him busy whilst my skeletons wore him down. Demon heart in hand I returned to the sphere.

It seems the cowled wizards were not going to let my betrayal go unpunished, on my way down to the engine room I was ambushed by Tolgerias and another mage, When did they gain access to the Sphere? I thought Valygar was the only key? No worries, this Sphere is mine now.

He talked a big fight, but he and his friend soon lost their nerve to my horror spell. Their magic defenses were impeccable, I had no way to breach them, I would have to keep them both occupied long enough for the magics to wear off. Using their panic to my advantage I summoned forth my minions and then backed off, returning to the fray only long enough to blast off the occasional horror spell and keep them out of the fight.

Before long their magic defenses started to wear off, and they became vulnerable. The female mage managed to take down one of my skeletons before the other three tore her to shreads. Before I could take down Tolgerias he reapplied his magical defenses and then released a spell that felled my remaining skeletons simultaneously.

I used my ring of invisibility, but he was prepared, as soon as I vanished he began casting a true sight spell, I made a hasty retreat before his casting was finished and then bided my time. Before too long his defensive magicks began to fail again. Releasing my remaining horror spells into the room, the now almost defenseless mage became powerless to my skull traps, setting them off one after another in his blind panic, he didn't remain standing for long.

The engine room was guarded by yet more dangerous golems, powerless against them I used my skeletons as a distraction, before heading to the engines core. With the heart secured the core whirred to life, and moments later we had returned to Athkatla.

Post edited by Genryu on
    edited April 2015
    21 Elint 1369

My time in the sphere was truly rewarding. The treasures I secured fetched a tidy sum indeed, more than enough to secure the Robe of Vecna from the Adventure Mart. I decided to keep 3 of my new found treasures, a Staff of Fire, granting me control over fire elementals, a ring of wizardry and a ring of the ram.

Not only that my struggles on the planes have granted me the experience required to scribe my scroll of death, now my enemies wont even have time to flee!
    Post edited by Genryu on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A nice progress here! The Planar Sphere is a hard place to beat.

Skeleton Warriors are indeed the Necromancer's way through SoA.
    Genryukcwise
    Yeah it was tougher than I expected, I dont think I have had to reload quite that many times on any playthrough before. One thing I forgot to take into consideration when starting the run, were enemies with damage immunities such as golems.
    JuliusBorisovkcwiselolien
  • MalacPokMalacPok Member Posts: 96
    That dragon can be easily killed off with a simple Finger of Death.
    GenryukcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    MalacPok said:

That dragon can be easily killed off with a simple Finger of Death.

I cant say I have ever tried to use death magic on a dragon, though I once landed quivering palm successfully. I'll keep it in mind for future dragons, once I get access to the spell.
    10 Marpenoth 1369

I was approached by a woman named Valen today, she knew of my deal with Gaelan Bayle and offered the same service at a greatly reduced cost, I'll have to pay this Valens mistress a visit and hear her out.

Gaelan must be having me watched, shortly after Valen departed, his little cut purse Brus found me, Gaelan is offering to match the new offer, I should try and play them off against one another to get a better deal.

11 Marpenoth 1369

The Copper Coronet. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy in all the realms, my kind of place.

Inside I accepted a few mercenary jobs to pad my coffers, a Lord Jierdan is looking for help clearing his lands of a monster infestation, and a young woman named Nalia is looking to clear her family keep of invaders. I'll get to these jobs if I have time.

Exploring some of the 'special' entertainments on offer, I accidentally found my way into the gladiator pens. A large northener man named Hendak, pleaded with me to release him and the other slaves. I've escaped from worse prisons than this, if he is to weak to help himself, then why should I waste my time.

I informed Lehtinan the proprietor of the establishment of Hendaks pitiful rebellion. He payed me well to put the slave in his place, and send a message to any one else entertaining thoughts of escape.

• MalacPokMalacPok Member Posts: 96
    The Boots of Speed is my favorite item in the whole saga, so whenever it's possible, I head right to the planar prison. It also makes playing solo even more desirable.
    GenryukcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited April 2015
    Well choosing my guild was harder than I expected, from a Roleplaying point of view siding with Bodhi seemed the obvious choice. But as a solo mage, the amulet of power is just too good to give up...

Choices, choices.

29 Uktar 1369

With my coin purse growing heavy it was time to make my allegiances. I met with Valen's Mistress, Bodhi and her offer was certainly appealing. Like so many of her guild Bodhi was obviously a vampire. Oh how many of undeaths secrets could have been unlocked working with her kind, but something was off.

The vampire stunk of that all too familiar dungeon where Irenicus imprisoned me. Were they in cahoots? Or was I just paranoid? It was probabally just my imagination, but I couldn't risk getting captured, not again. In the end I cashed in with the Shadow Thieves.

30 Uktar 1369

I made a mistake joining the thieves, 15,000gp spent on their services and they make excuse after excuse. I have resorted to performing grunt work for the thieves to speed up the process. On a more positive note Aran Lindvale has sweetened the deal, with a few magical trinkets for the inconveniences I have been forced to endure. Among the items was an Amulet of Power, O-ho I don't think Aran realizes what a powerful treasure he has passed over to me, or else he would never have parted with it.

16 Nightal 1369

After days of grunt work Aran has sent me on one final task, wipe out Bodhi nest of vampires. He better come through on his side of the bargain after this.

Working my way through the crypts, I stumbled into the lair of a drow exile. I was quickly swarmed by her spider pets, fortunately they were powerless against my death spell. After the battle I looted a curious onyx figurine, I have heard of these items, the most famous being of a fearsome black cat, with the power to call forth the great panther Guenhwyvar.

My figurine seems to call forth a spider named Kitthix, the creature its self is weak, but she has the power to immobilize my foes in thick webbing, a useful ally indeed.

Deeper into the crypts I found Bodhi's lair. My minions are becoming stronger, I am now able to summon forth powerful armoured skeletons who easily cut a swath through Bodhi's base of operations.

I cleared out her nest without major incident, however Bodhi was no where to be found. I found my way to the creatures sarcophagi, where they had fled in mist form to recuperate after their defeats, and one by one staked the helpless creatures.

As the last vampire turned to dust I felt a familiar presence materialize behind me, it was Bodhi. It turns out I was right to trust my gut in siding with the Shadow Thieves. Bodhi revealed her self to be none other than Irenicus's sister!

After trading barbs, we finally engaged. The vampire was a fearsome foe indeed, my skeletons could not breach her defenses, she was completely immune to their attacks, my highly enchanted Sling of Everard, the only weapon in my arsenal doing any worthwile damage. Quickly, one by one my skeletons fell to the ground, piles of broken bones.

I keeping Bodhi's attention drawn away from my I next summoned my new companion Kitthix, followed by a number of fire elementals from my quickly draining staff of fire. My creatures were no match for the vampire, but they kept her busy long enough for me to wear her down with my sling. Before I could finish the creature off, she made her escape.

kcwiseJuliusBorisovGoturallolien
    edited April 2015
    25 Nightal 1369

Before returning to Aran, I decided to take some time to recover and resupply. I was once again approached by the cowled wizards in my sphere, it seems they want me to babysit some of their apprentices. They can stay, but I refuse to baby sit and they must earn their keep.

After getting them to prove their worth with a basic enchantment, a small dagger, I put them to work on a magical scroll. Abi-Dalzim's Wilting Horror, a truly fearsome spell, and a welcome addition to any necromancers arsenal. Chances are the fools will get themselves killed in the production of the scroll, but at least it gets them out of my hair.

30 Nightal 1369

The young apprentices have outdone themselves. They actually managed to produce the scroll, and no one died. Unfortunately I am not yet powerful enough to make use of the spell, but I am close...

As a final test, I tasked the apprentices with creating me an item of great power, a ring of wizardry. This time the apprentices were not so fortunate, two were killed in the production of the ring, a small price to pay for such a wondrous item. I have released the final apprentice from my service, I have no more use for him.

2 Hammer 1369

In my youth Gorion once told me of an incredibly powerful and ancient cabaal of liches, necromancers and other undead spell casters called the Twisted Rune. They are said to have set up a network of secret portals linking most of Faeruns major cities with their base of operations in Calimshan, and rumor has it that one such portal can be accessed from the bridge district of Athkatla, the portal key, a very valuable rogue stone, a stone that I just so happen to have recently secured.

I may have the blood of a god coursing through my veins, but I am still mortal. I will seek the rune out and discover the secrets of lichdom for myself, I am sure I will make an excellent addition to the cabaal. But first I need to prepare for the worst, great powers do not share power lightly, I must ensure that my defenses are in place before I approach them

3 Hammer 1369

I found it! The Twisted Runes secret meeting hall. Not knowing how they would take my intrusion I took some precautions, I set a series of skull traps in the great hall. Once my memorized skull traps had been expended I pulled out my scroll case and took out the 7 skull trap scrolls I had been saving, and began casting them too.

Next I pulled out a scroll of magic protection, I was about to barge in unannounced on one of the most fearsome and evil groups of spell casters in all the realms, I could leave nothing to chance. Protected by a cackling globe of magical energy I entered into the room.

A magical flame suddenly appeared, gently floating across the room before coming to a stop above the great table, then slowly a dark figure began to materialize from the flame. It didn't take a genius to figure out who stood in front of me, it was Shangalar the Black one of the twisted runes seven Runemasters, and a lich of no small reknown. I was a fool to believe they would accept me into the Cabaal, Shangalar figured me for an assassin and before I could plead me case, other members of the Cabaal appeared.

I found my self faced off with a Beholder, a human assassin, a human mage, and not just one, but two of the Twisted Runes seven rune masters, for now the powerful vampire spell caster Shyressa had appeared besides her ally Shangalar.

With a hand on my final scroll, a protections from undead scroll, I used up my last defense against this powerful group, and then charged the beholder, with my magical defenses in place I set off the traps in the room, blasting everyone in range. The beholder and assassin quickly fell.

The two rune masters were totally blind to my presence now that I was protected from the undead. I turned my attention to the mage, her magics were useless against my defenses. In desperation she took another strategy and summoned a fearsome pitfiend, in the hopes of mauling me to death, however the beserk demon turned upon its master instead. Unfortunately the pitfiend proved to be no challenge to the vampire Shyressa.

The human mage, quickly running out of spells decided to bring down a meteor swarm on my head, however protected from her magical energies she only served to pummel and gravely injure her allies Shangalar and Shyressa.

I quickly discovered a flaw with my plan, my magical defenses protected me wonderfully, but they also prevented me from casting. I tried to summon my skeleton warriors to my side but to no effect. However I found I could still summon elementals through my staff. I beat down the almost dead Shangalar
    and tuned my attention to the vampire, she quickly overwhelmed my elementals and before long my staff of fire was exhausted. I tried to engage the powerful vampire myself but her wounds regenerated faster than I could inflict them.

It was a lost cause so I turned my attention back to the human mage, and engaged her with my staff. Her spells exhausted and her physical protection worn, she was easy prey.

With four of the runes members dead on the floor, and a confused vampire running around helplessly unable to see me, I decided to make my exit.

I didn't get to join the rune, but I had managed to pick up an incredibly powerful weapon, a Staff of the Magi.

[I kind of broke my rules a little with this one, as I really didn't wont to miss out on this fight. I couldn't break down the locked door leading to the twisted rune, even with call on holy might boosting me upto 23 strength, and I was forbidden from using the knock spell. I decided to run back to the copper coronet and pick up yoshimo temporarily to pick the lock, I then booted him from my party].
    Post edited by Genryu on
    edited April 2015
    16 Hammer 1369

Brynlaw was an interesting place, filled with pirates and assorted ruffians. I secured some interesting treasures as I explored the town, including a book of infinite spells. It allows me to cast what ever spell is displayed on the page, once per day. Each time I turn a page, a new spell is revealed, but previous pages become forever lost to me, I have uncovered a spell of True Sight in the book which will be most useful when dealing with evemy wizards or gnomes.

After a lot of footwork, I managed to find a way into Spellhold. I was greeted by a cowled wizard as I entered the building, he was friendly and accommodating, a little too friendly given my previous experiences with the group. Bah! I was a fool to trust him, I should have seen it sooner, the asylum was quiet....too quiet, where were all the wizards? Surely a complex this size would require a considerable workforce to keep such dangerous inmates subdued.

The friendly façade and tour of the facilities were just a rouse, to keep me distracted long enough for the sleeping herbs, that the treacherous Saemon Havarian placed in my meals to take effect. Once I was on the verge of passing out the wizard removed his disguise revealing him self as Jon Irenicus. He had planned this from the start, and I had walked right into his trap...

17 Hammer 1369

All has been revealed, my capture, Irenicus's obsession with 'unlocking my power', all of it. Irenicus and his sister Bodhi are cursed, I know not by whom, but simply put they have had their very souls taken, leaving a hollow emotionless shell that is slowly dying. They seek revenge against those who wronged them, and have found a way to reverse the curse by stealing a divine soul, my soul! And more surprisingly .....Imoen's! Imoen is a Child of Bhaal too!

17 Hammer 1369

With Irenicus's ritual completed, and my soul ripped from my body, I blacked out. When I opened my eyes I was no longer in Spellhold, but some hellish plane that vaguely resembled Candlekeep. Am I dreaming? Or is this...

Imoen appeared, and I heard her words in my mind, a warning, and then she was gone. My father, my TRUE father knows I am weakened, he intends to take advantage of this fact, his dark taint no longer held in check by my soul plans to consume me. What's more she told me, that I was powerless to resist him, and that only by working together with her will I defeat him. HA! I have no need of that uneedlessly cheery brat. Bhaal was killed once before, and when I find him I will ensure that his next demise is permanent, I WILL be the new lord of murder.

Found him at last! My father the great Bhaal. We traded attacks for a while, and his wounds were grave but he just kept coming. His injuries would have killed a normal man ten times over, but he just laughed and continued to chase me down. How do I kill this beast? Wait, Imoen!? She mentioned us fighting him together, does she know the secret to his demise?

I lured him to the great library, there was no reason I could possibly know where Imoen was waiting, yet for some reason I could sense her, I was drawn to her. Bhaal charged after me, and unnaturally large amount of blood flowing from his wounds, a drop for every victim killed in his name?

At the far end of the Library I found her, lending her strength to mine, Bhaal became vulnerable. No more did he laugh, and yet nor was he afraid. He came at me, a whirling of pure fury and hatred, but in his weakened state he was soon overcome by onslaught of skeletons.

As he fell, I suddenly awakened I was once again back in Spellhold, though feeling hollow and weak. My innate powers granted by my dark taint, my holy might and powers over poison also lost along with my soul. As my eyes adjusted to my new environment, I saw her, Bodhi.

I have been released into the lower levels of Spell Hold, an ancient maze. Bodhi plans to gain some entertainment from my plight by hunting me in a game of cat and mouse. She will soon learn what happens when you corner a desperate wolf.

JuliusBorisovkcwiseMalacPokGotural
    20 Hammer 1369

I found Imoen in the dungeon after Bodhi left. My sister, and possible competition for the Throne of Bhaal. My skeletons made short work of my sibling, this time she wont come back.

29 Hammer 1369

The maze was immense, filled with countless tests and simple riddles designed to assess the sanity of the inmates. In one small library I discovered an ancient scroll imparting the knowledge of Finger of Death. A most potent spell and worth addition to my repertoire.

Despite losing my divine essence I fought my way through the maze, fuelled by my rage and the desire to see Irenicus's lifeless corpse at my feet. Normally I can control my anger, focus it productively, but now with my soul gone it is becoming all but consuming, and what's more I like it.

True to her word, Bodhi tracked me down and set up an ambush with her vampire allies. The sight of her treacherous thieving face, enraged me further still, uncontrollably so. As she and her allies engaged I snapped, and when I regained my senses Bodhi was gone, and her vampire allies were ripped to pieces on the floor.

Something had happened when I lost control, I changed, I became terrifying and powerful, I became the chosen avatar of Bhaal, the Slayer.

3 Alturiak 1370

I dreamt last night, no it was more than a dream. I returned to the dark Candlekeep that I had visited when my soul was stolen. Once again I met Imoen, no, not Imoen she is laying lifeless in the lower levels of spell hold. This was my dark taint wearing the face of my fallen sister.

The taint promised me power, and I gladly accepted. I now have the ability to transform into the slayer at will, and what's more, I am in complete control. Now my enemies will truly know what fear means, Irenicus, I am coming for you!

4 Alturiak 1370

I made it back to the upper levels of Spellhold, and once again encountered Saemon the Betrayer. I would have gladly tore his face off in my new slayer form, however if I was to leave this Island after my business with Irenicus was done, I would need his ship, there will be plenty of time later to seek my vengeance on Saemon. Before he left, he suggested using the inmates of the facility to my advantage, none hold any love for Irenicus and it would even the playing field significantly.

4 Alturiak 1370

Loonies at my side the resulting battle with Irenicus was a blood bath. As powerful as he is, the mage actually found himself on the back foot for once, when attacked by an army of insane mages, with no regards for their own safety. Whilst none of the inmates survived, the carnage in the room was beautiful.

Irenicus fled the battle with his tail between his legs. Saemon has also come to his senses, he must now recognise that I am far more deadly than the fool Irenicus. He knows a little of Irenicus's plans and has agreed to take me to where he thinks the mage will make his next move, he has even offered me a silver blade as way of an apology.

10 Alturiak 1370

After stealing the Pirate Kings personal ship, we were making good time back to the mainland, until I was stabbed in the back by that traitor once again. He doesn't fear me, he is just an opportunist playing one foolish mage off against another, well fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me, but fool me thrice and I will gorge out your eye balls, and tear out your spine!

The Silver Blade he gave to me, was a holy relic of the Githyanki. He knew they were closing in on him and so figured he could pass both the blade, and the Githyankis wrath on to me, probabally claiming some bounty from Irenicus for his trouble.

Either way, his ship was destroyed and I have found my self an a vast underwater city and home to a strange shark like race known as Sahaguin.

12 Alturiak 1370

The Sahaguin priestesses seemed to think I was some prophesied savior, sent down by Sekolah their god to save them from extinction. Hahaha, me a Savior? I refused their mad kings demands of servitude turning the entire city hostile. I shouldn't have worried, they were powerless against my growing mastery of death magics, and those strong enough to resist my spells soon wished they had fallen with their kin once my skeletons decended on them.

I found an interesting cloak on one of the priestesses. It seems to reflect magical energy back to the original caster. With no arcane magical protections of my own this cloak will prove invaluable when fighting enemy spell casters.

13 Alturiak 1370

The only viable escape from the Sahaguin city, a deep hole, has led me to the Underdark. Gorion used to tell me stories of this dangerous place, home of the Drow Elves, Illithids, and all manner of deadly beasts such as Umber Hulks, and Hook Horrors. I should be wary in this place, if the legends are true, most denizens of the Underdark have developed a natural resistance to magic, most of my spells will prove weak at best, and useless at worse.

14 Alturiak 1370

A stroke of luck! I encountered a group of foreign merchants in the great caverns of the Underdark. Apparently I am not the only foreigner to pass through the area recently. A powerful mage, and a female Vampire passed by a few days ago, heading to the Drow City of Ust Natha. If the only half the rumors I hear about the Drow are true then I would be cut down or enslaved the moment I enter their city. The merchants suggested I speak to the leader of a nearby Deep Gnome settlement, he may have a way into the city.

14 Alturiak 1370

I have discovered a curious device in one of the caverns. It appears to be some kind of magical prison, by manipulating the controls I can release the captured souls. One by one I released the prisoners, right into the waiting arms of my summoned skeletons, one by one I relieved them of their lives and valuables.