Skip to content

Who is Tuth and why is he worth so much XP?

I've always wondered why Tuth was worth so much XP (4,000) during the battle with Rieltar - even Rieltar himself isn't worth nearly that much.

I just did a google search for "Baldur's Gate Tuth," and this FR wiki entry came up:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tuth

Is this supposed to be the same character? It mentions him being around in the year 1370, which is a year or two after the events in BG1 IIRC.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Could be. I mean he is based out of Baldur's Gate so it makes sense.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

You've answered your question already, friend. Tuth is a member of the secret circle of knights inside the Knights of the Shield who really pull the strings in the organization using their resources to affect politics and such.

I read about Tuth in the third book of the Lands of Intrigue sourcebook. Tuth and Kestor are the only Knights of the Shield members who are from Baldur's Gate.

Interesting info.

I guess one of the Priests of Oghma in Candlekeep must've raised them, because they both met a bloody end at the hands of my barbarian.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    That is likely what happened, otherwise he wouldn't have lived beyond the year 1368.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    What happens in the canon book (sorry for bringing that one up....) and is my following train of thought accurate (see spoiler).

There is an option not to kill them in which case koveras likely kills rieltar and you are framed for it. Afaik the priests believe that you killed the leaders of the iron throne but it is not insinuated that all of them are killed.
    Tuth said:

@Shandyr What can I say? I'm awesome, that's why.

You're secretly a high ranking member of the Knights of the Shield, that's why.
    edited April 2015
    Nice! You got me laughing so hard, I snorted. :smile:

Oh and don't worry, in my BG fan fiction, you survived your injuries. :wink:
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Of course I survived, otherwise I wouldn't be talking right now, but most importantly I'm too awesome to die. Too bad there was not much left of my pal Kestor and our friends from the Iron Throne. Charname is such a party pooper.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Tuth said:

Charname is such a party pooper.

Indeed. Especially as a squirrel.
    Tuth said:

Of course I survived, otherwise I wouldn't be talking right now, but most importantly I'm too awesome to die. Too bad there was not much left of my pal Kestor and our friends from the Iron Throne. Charname is such a party pooper.

Kestor survived too :wink: