Skip to content

Where is the 'Modify Party' button?

Where is the 'Modify Party' button?

Comments

• dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the quick answer. :)
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    That's interesting. Why would it be so risky? Just curious.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    edited November 2014
    So... what happens if some of your companions get perma-death chunked and (since this is IWD, not BG) there are no NPCs to recruit to make up the party? You have to go through that rigmarole of creating new ones in MP? :/ Or can you not get chunked in IWD?
    Post edited by Jairyanna on
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    You don't need new party members. Rule number 36, No excuses, Play like a champ!
  • LeematonLeematon Member Posts: 33

You don't need new party members. Rule number 36, No excuses, Play like a champ!

I'm new to the Icewind Dale games and I think this is a serious question that needs answering. Are there any recruitable npcs in this game as in BG or would any new companions need to be created as per the 'rigmerole' mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    There are no recruitable NPCs in Icewind Dale; you make your entire party at the start. No workarounds are needed for this.

The method AlexT posted is only for when you want to change your party mid-game.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    One of the small powergamey ideas I've seen is to only create your dual/multiclass party members at first.

You then knock out a few very easy quests (like killing the bugs in the basement of the pub) on HoF mode for the XP boost.

Then you set the difficulty back to however you want to play, and create the single classed party members.

Cheesy, but it's a small boost in the beginning. I'm glad it's been eliminated.
  • Manveru123Manveru123 Member Posts: 52
    Jalily said:

There are no recruitable NPCs in Icewind Dale; you make your entire party at the start. No workarounds are needed for this.

The method AlexT posted is only for when you want to change your party mid-game.

But doesn't that give you useless level 1 characters?
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Klorox said:

Except as this thread proves it has not... and when you think about it, it is not all that uncommon for an adventuring party to come together over time rather than all at once.
  • dvdbangsruddvdbangsrud Member Posts: 19
    And I only wanted to know since since I'd accidentally maxed wisdom instead of intelligence of my soon to be fighter->mage.
    Note to self: Never create a party after 11 PM.
  • CrawleyCrawley Member Posts: 74
    AlexT said:

This is one feature from the original game that we could not port to the new engine, without risking serious code breakage.

Are there any plans to implement it in the future? Not that I much need it, but I think the game is missing some feel from the original without it.

• IdentityIdentity Member Posts: 1
    Please be more precise about your instructions. Do you mean the "save" folder that is created in My documents? Because there is no "mpsave" folder next to it. Exact filepaths, please.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Identity said:

Please be more precise about your instructions. Do you mean the "save" folder that is created in My documents? Because there is no "mpsave" folder next to it. Exact filepaths, please.

Unless you have any multiplayer saves the folder will not be there, but you can just make it yourself. Put it in the same directory as the "save" folder (My Documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition/mpsave)
  • geodude001geodude001 Member Posts: 3
    Is there a work around similar to this for the iPad version?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Is there a work around similar to this for the iPad version?

The save folders aren't protected so you can use file manipulation software like ifunbox to move the files
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Identity said:

Start a new multiplayer game then save the game, that will create the folder. Then do the stuff that Alex T says..
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    Jairyanna said:

So... what happens if some of your companions get perma-death chunked and (since this is IWD, not BG) there are no NPCs to recruit to make up the party? You have to go through that rigmarole of creating new ones in MP? :/ Or can you not get chunked in IWD?

if you feel you NEED 6 in the party then restore them with savegame editor. Or carry on with smaller party....

• ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    edited December 2014
    i guess a long winded way of creating potential party recruits, is to install this mod:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36873/iwd-npc-v5-for-iwd-ee-is-now-available#latest

you can create your party as normal at the relevant screen(6 chars), and the 5 npcs are standing about at the inn in easthaven. SO that gives you a choice as to who to keep in the party.

Minor problems of getting back to easthaven during game. tp there with cheat code i guess.

• that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    I'm not gunna lie, I bought the Enhanced Edition with the idea that I would not resurect party members when they die, instead just create a new character, something I remember from the previous editions. And so I was pretty upset to find out that this ability is no longer there. Is there any possibility of this being added as a patch? This whole transfering to a multiplayer save file thing is really annoying and kind of makes me just not want to play the game, which really sucks as I love it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @that70sgirl7887 Well, as @Avenger_teambg said, an adding a new party member mid-game feature wasn't added to the EE-engine. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/568821/#Comment_568821

I guess the chances of adding it to the engine in the future are 50/50. In the end, we didn't have a Quick Loot bar feature when BGEE was released. And the Devs are working on the UI while creating the Adventure Y. So, everything is possible.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Nevermind.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    Klorox said:

One of the small powergamey ideas I've seen is to only create your dual/multiclass party members at first.

You then knock out a few very easy quests (like killing the bugs in the basement of the pub) on HoF mode for the XP boost.

Then you set the difficulty back to however you want to play, and create the single classed party members.

It seems to me it would be far more efficient and exacting to use the console for experience. :P
    Dee said:

... Note to self: Never create a party after 11 PM.

I find that most of the time I don't start at 11 PM, I start a 7, and a few thousand rerolls later I look at the clock and it's 3 AM and my wife is wondering why I haven't gone to bed yet...
    Haha! : D Is it just me or does Icewind Dale seem to draw in those of us with a hair of OCD? Just kidding. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has spent more hours than I care to admit rolling dice...