Skip to content

Heya's

So, I am still a little confused, 'cause it says "New Members Welcome Area" so I am not sure if I should be welcoming people here, or if this is where I give my grand introduction and afterwards am met with thunderous applause and warm reception all around. Gonna go with option 2 though. Heya's, I'm Dan, 30, live in Laos P.D.R. but am an American, been gaming since gaming was a possibility for my nimble little fingers. Tabletop, TSR, D&D, Warhammer, every possible console imaginable ( yes, even had a virtual boy, my personal shame ), and got into BG and IE games in general only about a year ago, when I couldnt get Shadowrun to work anymore on my PC. Good thing too, cause im lovin it. I have made some attempts at modding thus far, and have met with failure. Oh, the failure. As of now, I generally use others' mods' and/or EE Keeper to keep things fresh. I am here because I really want to be a part of a great community of modders and just great thinkers all around, people to bounce ideas off of, etc. and if possible, to learn as much as I can about using CONtext and Weidu and DLTCEP etc. I wanna give back, baby. That's all, hope to have fun and learn a lot, thanks for reading this overly drawn out and obscenely long introduction. You may now clap. Or decide you hate me already. Please Clap.

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Option 2 is correct. Welcome and have a :cookie:
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Well met, traveler! I'm mostly here to do RP stuff with people, but love the BG community. Very low rate of trolling, and lots of people that help me with their boundless knowledge of BG! I don't mod, or really even play mods, but some are cool. I'm more into the writing and characters part (currently doing an RP as Jaheira, from the game).

If that is remotely your 'thing', we're at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40915/rp-castle-greyhawk#latest

Otherwise, poke around and look at the thousands of discussions - they'll help everything from character builds to mods and everything in between!
  • tap_water_on_firetap_water_on_fire Member Posts: 28
    *stands up*
    *slow claps* (the enthusiastic, crescendo-ing one that everyone's supposed to join in on, not the sarcastic kind)

Welcome, fellow Greenie! :smile:
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *Nimran sneaks into the thread, plants a :cookie:, then walks out.*
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I hope he has his browser set up to accept cookies...

Welcome to the forums!
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Welcome Dan!
  • Gan_YaoGan_Yao Member Posts: 4
    Wow, actual responses from the introduction thread on a forum? Yea, I think this is a good one. Thanks all for the welcome.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I clap you, Dan from Laos P.D.R. Welcome to the forum and have fun!
  • DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    Tosses him a :cookie:, welcome lad and enjoy your stay here :)