Skip to content

Tiana vs. Priss: Who do you side with?

2»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I don't believe I've done this quest more than once. I forgot it even existed. Does it give any XP?

No XP here. Only pleasure
  • QwaziQwazi Member Posts: 10
    mingylord said:

I imagine he's rocking back and forth, holding his knees - repeating the line to himself as he stares into the distance.

He lost it all at once.

JuliusBorisovNonnahswriter
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "If I have to choose between one evil and another... I would rather not choose at all" - Geralt of Rivia
    JuliusBorisov
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    If you let them fight Tiana always wins. One time I wanted to see what happened if Priss won, and I had to constantly CTRL+R her. It still took forever for Priss to kill Tiana, so I don't think it's ever possible for Priss to win normally. It might also have worked if I'd just CTRL+Y'd Tiana.
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    I get enjoyment when i tell Tiana of her husbands follies and even more when i see him robbed of someone he loved. *Wicked Laugh*
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Awong124 said:

If you let them fight Tiana always wins. One time I wanted to see what happened if Priss won, and I had to constantly CTRL+R her. It still took forever for Priss to kill Tiana, so I don't think it's ever possible for Priss to win normally. It might also have worked if I'd just CTRL+Y'd Tiana.

I seem to remember Priss winning in Vanilla
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Awong124 said:

I've seen Priss win without my intervention a fair few times. At any rate, am I the only one who's used Detect Evil? Because all three of them detect, go figure.
    SharGuidesMyHandJarrakul
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

Awong124 said:

I've seen Priss win without my intervention a fair few times. At any rate, am I the only one who's used Detect Evil? Because all three of them detect, go figure.
    I blame the husband. His cheating ways corrupted both the whore and the wife.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Awong124 said:

I've seen Priss win without my intervention a fair few times.
    I've seen Priss win too, but it happens only occasionally. Tiana will win the majority of the times - I don't know why, perhaps she's scripted to win more often, or maybe she just has better stats?

At any rate, am I the only one who's used Detect Evil? Because all three of them detect, go figure.

Very insightful - thanks for that.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Just better stats probably. Kind of like that fight in the drow tavern. There is dialogue for the underdog winning, but seeing it is rare without player intervention
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2015
    I just did this in my latest play through and I told Tiana that I hadn't seen her husband to prevent unnecessary bloodshed when Viconia pipes up and decided to interject that we had indeed seen him, with 'another of her kind, a much younger member of her kind'. And off Tiana stormed off and sadly Priss died.

I have no idea if this is part of the main game or part of the extended banter mods I have as I don't remember it happening before, it's very Viccy and I have to admit I found it quite hilarious and interesting to have my companions speaking up and messing with things a little :smile:
    Post edited by NightRevan on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Viconia says something. Korgan also says the following as well.

"Aye, we've seen him, wench. He be in the back rooms, making time with his lovely as not, heh heh..."
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    My sympathies lie with Tiana, on account of her being the one not cheating, but she's also way too willing to get murdery and I'm not 100% convinced she's not emotionally abusive. I wish I had the option to just forcefully separate them and maybe get the three of them some counseling at the Temple of Lathander, but since that's not an option I just stay out of it.
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2015
    elminster said:

Viconia says something. Korgan also says the following as well.

"Aye, we've seen him, wench. He be in the back rooms, making time with his lovely as not, heh heh..."
    Ah, interesting I guess I never did this enough for either to happen to me before. It's always great to realize there are still new things to find and experience in this game, and places where companions become interactive in conversations with other NPCs are always interesting particularly if it leads to unexpected outcomes, has gives more sense of your companions as characters in their own right and not just the PC's followers
    . Small but effective touches, and the results can be both hilarious and infuriating in equal measure :smile: