Skip to content

Uninstalling this 2.6 gb app from Android device cleared 0 MB

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
On a Galaxy S4.

I mean, I intend to reinstall later, but now I won't be able to because I don't have the storage. Isn't that... odd?

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2015
    Same issue here ( Android 5.0). I mean, this is what I noticed so far. The following data refer to my smartphone:

- Total Disk Space: .... Gb;
    - Available: .......;
    - Applications: ...... -2.6 Gb;
    - images, videos: .......;
    ...……
    - Varies : ....... +2.6 Gb;

It seems that the 2.6 Gb are subtracted from the " APP " section & then added to the "Varies" section......
    @Dee , @Gate70 Please, could you have a look at this issue?
    If it can be of some help, this issue seems to affect all those apps whose .main files is in the obb folder, i.e., KOTOR, BG2:EE, …
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'll also tag @ScottBrooks for this. We'll take a look.
    Does deleting the obb folder clear that space?
    @PugPug and @Luke93 When you're uninstalling the app, are you doing it from the Settings menu? Does the space clear correctly when you uninstall from Google Play?
    Dee said:

Does deleting the obb folder clear that space?

It seems impossible to delete the obb folder.......

I modified that folder in the sense that I decided to put some custom portraits in the "portraits" folder ( which it is located in the obb folder), but I don't think this is related to our issue.....
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Luke93, you shouldn't put anything in the obb folder, any user additions should go into the data folder. Can you confirm where you placed the custom portraits?
    edited May 2015
    @Troodon80 PC version: if you want to use custom portraits, you have to place the .bmp files in the "portraits " folder, which is located under /Documents/IWD:EE.

Having said that, I downloaded some .bmp files and put them in the "portraits " folder, which is inside the obb folder. The "portraits " folder is created as soon as the download of the game is finished; the "saves " folder is located here, too.
    Troodon80 said:

@Luke93, you shouldn't put anything in the obb folder, any user additions should go into the data folder.

Are you sure? In the end, I managed to use the custom portraits. After choosing the gender in the character's generation screen, the "CUSTOM " button showed up correctly.....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited May 2015
    @Luke93 can you provide the location path to the portraits folder? The only way I can make custom portraits work is by putting the images into (for example):

~/Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/portraits
    edited May 2015
    @Troodon80
    ~/Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale/portraits

As I said before, there was no need to create the "portraits " folder; it was already there, along with the "saves" folder and the .ini file.
    @Troodon80 What a mess! I'm terribly sorry, you are right: the correct path is ~/Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/portraits.

However, I can't figure out why uninstalling the app clear 0 Gb.... The problem is probably related to the obb folder....
    Did you try uninstalling from the google play store instead of the settings menu?
    Dee said:

Did you try uninstalling from the google play store instead of the settings menu?

Yes, but nothing happens..... Maybe I accidentally modified the obb folder in order to add some custom portraits.....
    @Dee I managed to fix the problem with a factory reset…
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Sorry to be coming back to the thread after so long. Restarting my device resolved the issue for me.

Most apps immediately release their real estate upon being uninstalled, so that's unusual..