booinyoureyes
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Fardragon said:

The Hand has been hinted at.

Thats very fitting, I suppose. ;)
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    DreadKhan said:

Anyways, has The Hand showed up yet?

They haven't been named yet, but they're definitely there, along with Stick and a quick cameo from one other member of The Seven.

booinyoureyes
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I can't wait to see "Heroes for Hire" i.e. Power Man and Iron Fist. Power Man being Luke Cage.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    LadyRhian said:

I can't wait to see "Heroes for Hire" i.e. Power Man and Iron Fist. Power Man being Luke Cage.

Ooooh I hope they keep the original costumes. Well at least Iron Fist's, because I can't stop myself from laughing a little every time I see him :smiley:
    I know Luke Cage will just wear a black T-shirt and jeans, but Iron Fist needs his wittle wellow swippers.

Jokes aside, I'm actually really keen on this. Although I did prefer the later team with Shang-Chi, Paladin , Black Cat and the 5th Tarantula.
    Also really big name characters tend to join up from time to time, like Ghost Rider, Deadpool, Black Widow and even the Punisher just to mention a few.
    booinyoureyes
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited May 2015
    Imagine them doing the Punisher, Danny Ketch Ghostrider and Wolverine Graphic Novel, the one where all three face off against Blackheart. "Hearts of Darkness"

"Personally, I consider this graphic novel to be the best thing to come out of Marvel Comics in the modern era. It is a morality play- and a very good one.

The action takes place in Christ's Crown, a sleepy midwestern town. It is here that Blackheart, son of Mephisto, heir to the throne of hell is reborn on our plane. It is also here that he decides to both depose, and surpass, his father. His strategy is to tempt and corrupt the new breed of hero- those that walk the razor's edge between Light and Darkness in the service of justice.

To do this he summons Ghost Rider, Wolverine, and Punisher to town. He does this with notes that promise them secret information on what they desire most. Unfortunately, for him, he has misjudged the men that he has summoned. When they all automatically reject his offer of unlimited power in the service of Darkness, Blackheart then resorts to corrupting the entire town to use against them. Here he makes one fatal mistake when abducts the one innocent, uncorrupted soul in town- and spills her blood while doing so. The heroes fight their way into the heart of Hell itself to rescue the little girl....

As Ghost Rider states in the story: It doesn't matter if there is an edge, or if we occasinally cross it. As long as the innocent are protected, our cause is just."
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    LadyRhian said:

As Ghost Rider states in the story: It doesn't matter if there is an edge, or if we occasionally cross it. As long as the innocent are protected, our cause is just."

The real problem (in my view) is the casualness with which crossing the line is handled. It is a slippery slope. The more you cross it, the more you justify the crossing, the easier it is to find any excuse at all to do it again.

They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Irrespective of their relative power level, both Daredevil and Spiderman usually focus more on the human side of their characters, at least classically in the comics.

Probably why they are my number one and number two favorite superheroes, really.

The Hand definitely showed up already, and one of the main members was shown. They were not named directly though.

Hand>>>>>>League of Assassins, especially as seen in Arrow!
    LadyRhian

Probably why they are my number one and number two favorite superheroes, really.

Spiderman in particular was designed to be the 'Everyman' hero. One of the biggest draws of the character all the way back to the beginning was the fact that he was flawed and human.

Believe it or not, rumor has it he was supposed to be the mirror of DC's Superman, but a more Human hero (hence the same color costume). But where Superman was just about all powerful, Spiderman was always the underdog. But both worked in the News industry, both were from wholesome family backgrounds and both had completely unlikely alter-egos. Even the names are somewhat similar.

I don't know that to be a fact, but I can see how that might have been. And it explains why the two were paired "Against" each other in the Marvel/DC mash-up.

As for "League of Assassins" in Arrow, quite a lot this season was quite underwhelming. Hopefully next season will be better. I do hope that Malcolm will make a better adversary if he has the resources behind him (unless they pull him back in to do more Torchwood).
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Not exclusively Marvel, but has anyone watched any of the Superhero Beatdowns? They are highly entertaining and *very* well done. Here are a few (there's more).

Superman vs Thor:

Gandalf vs Vader:

Batman vs Vader:
    mlnevese
    This is why I prefer Marvel over DC

DC is pretty cool, but make mine Marvel
    NonnahswriterSmilingSwordthe_spyderFardragon
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Oh my gosh! This thread got necroed at the most appropriate time!

I finally saw the Avengers: Age of Ultron on Sunday! :D

(Yeah yeah, I know. Only took me, what, a month? Two? I was busy. Shut up.)

Damn good movie. :) Gonna miss most of the old cast, but I'm REALLY excited for the newest members.

Especially Vision. Loved that dude's character design.
    mlnevese
    Age of Ultron was pretty damn awesome, was hella weird to see the Hulk jumping around Joburg, was even weirder to see South African police standing their ground against him. I can totally take a giant green monster destroying smashing downtown Jozy, but seeing brave competent South African police, now that's unbelievable.

Had a marvel Saturday, filled with my favorite marvel movies, also the marvel movies I haven't seen and a lot of vodka. It was a good Saturday, So during this vodka fueled marathon, I finally watched both Captain Merca movies and I have to say I am so confused as to why everybody loves those things so much. They are both good movies, but really not that special. The first one is a competent old timey sci fi war movie and the second one is a competent spy movie.
    Neither have the fun factor Guardians had, neither had the "WOW OMG they will all be in one place at one time doing stuff and saving the world" factor the Avengers had, neither had an amazing villain, like both the avengers had, hell neither had a interesting cast, besides Sam Jackson.

On a side note wow that guy that played Gollum, does a South African accent better than most South Africans I know.

Also I am now super exited to see what they do with the Black Panther.
    mlnevese
    I would say both the villains in Captain America 2 were better than that horrible Ultron. Age of Ultron was fun despite having a lame villain imho. From what I can tell many people are dying to see what comes next for Winter Soldier (I ain't telling) whereas people are glad to see Ultron go. Loki is still the coolest villain though.
    mlneveseNonnahswriter
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Loki fully deserves a movie for himself...
    Nonnahswriterthe_spyderbooinyoureyes
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    mlnevese said:

Loki fully deserves a movie for himself...

Yes!

It's called Thor 3, when Loki disguised as Odin wipes the floor with Thor and takes over Asgard. Mwahahahahahahaha!
    mlneveseelminsterbooinyoureyes
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

(Yeah yeah, I know. Only took me, what, a month? Two? I was busy. Shut up.)

Don't feel bad I still haven't seen it. At this point I figure I'll wait a year then catch it on netflix :D
    Nonnahswriter
    I haven't seen Age yet either.

Preferred the first Captain America movie, really touching movie. Winter Soldier was good, but I enjoyed Dark World too. Maybe you guys should have a few beers with your movies? Well, I guess you'd have to smuggle a flask for the cinema, but I have known people to smoke up in situ before, nobody really cared. NOT THAT I AM RECCOMENDING ILLEGAL BEHAVIOUR. Just saying people sometimes take seriously movies that are decidedly not meant to be taken seriously.
    SmilingSword
    edited July 2015

I would say both the villains in Captain America 2 were better than that horrible Ultron. Age of Ultron was fun despite having a lame villain imho. From what I can tell many people are dying to see what comes next for Winter Soldier (I ain't telling) whereas people are glad to see Ultron go. Loki is still the coolest villain though.

I loved James Spader's Ultron, it was't the comic version of Ultron and I for one think that's a good thing. But hey each to his own and yes I agree Hiddleston's Loki is amazing and most definitely the best villain the marvel movies has had yet.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on

I loved James Spader's Ultron, it was't the comic version of Ultron and I for think that's a good thing. But hey each to his own and yes I agree Hiddleston's Loki is amazing and most definitely the best villain the marvel movies have had yet.
    I liked Bridges in Iron Man. So post-modern! Loki was pretty well executed, though iirc, he's supposed to be more powerful than the movies portray. Mandarin was interesting, though not as magical as might be ideal, this worked for a movie. Blowing up injured veterans as human weapons by an evil corporate head is very 'social commentary', and could have a PhD thesis devoted to it.
    For Villains, I liked Loki, Robert Redford's Character in Cap 2 and Jeff Bridges' Obadiah Stane the best. I also really like Thunderbolt Ross and Abomination from the underrated Incredible Hulk movie.

I actually also enjoyed Guy Pierce in Iron Man 3. Along with Red Skull I'd put him in the second tier. Malekith in The Dark World was okay, but I prefer the more deranged character from the recent comics a lot! Ronan the Accuser was badass, but less nuanced than his comic book counterpart.

Ultron was a miss for me, but not really bad just... meh. I thought Mandarin was the weakest BY FAR and I think Iron Man 2 is the only Marvel movie I would consider poorly done.

The jury is still out on Thanos, but for now all he does is sit on a throne in space and get betrayed left and right by his minions lol.

If we are considering the MCU as a whole then the Kingpin rules... he should just punch Thanos in the face and take the Infinity Gauntlet for himself, rule the universe and give everyone Zuppa Inglese so I can finale see what the heck it is and if it actually tastes good haha.

Also really big name characters tend to join up from time to time, like Ghost Rider, Deadpool, Black Widow and even the Punisher just to mention a few.

@SmilingSword Punisher is set to be heavily featured in Daredevil's second season, played by Jonathan Bernthal from The Walking Dead! I'm dying for them to do the classic Daredevil story The Devil in Cell Block D with the two of them.
    Has anyone here seen Ant Man yet? What are your thoughts?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    I'd like to see it. Still haven't seen Age of Ultron though :)
    Personal/Subjective opinion: Age of Ultron was better. Both are a must see in my view.

Anyone else?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Yes, I saw it. Ant-Man is a movie that the MCU needed right about now, to take the action from "save the world" back down to a much more personal level--sometimes saving only one life is just as important as saving the entire world.

Also....Baskin Robbins don't play.
    booinyoureyesDreadKhan
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798

Loki is still the coolest villain though.

He's a puny god. I'll take McKellen's Magneto.
    I also haven't seen Ultron yet. Doesn't seem it's showing anywhere near me anymore. :/
    Nonnahswriter
    @Mathsorcerer - I definitely take your point that it was less about 'Saving the world' and more about the personal touch. I did like the movie. I've never been a Paul Rudd fan, but I thought he did more than an adequate job, and it was loads of fun seeing "Kate" with dark hair. I also liked the cameo(s) which I won't spoiler here. One of the things that I really like about MCU is all of the (fundamental) interconnectedness that is written into each movie. Like it's one big universe instead of individual franchises.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Has anyone here seen Ant Man yet? What are your thoughts?

Yes, I really liked it. Better than Age of Ultron.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited July 2015
    SOON

SmilingSwordNimranmlnevese