Skip to content

Saemon Havarian died

Yes it actually did happen. Saemon Havarian died on the deck of the pirate captains ship in Brynnlaw sometime during the fight with the pirates. I didn't notice until after the battle but there he was. His body lay cold and slain on the wood.

Well I wanted to go to the sahuagin city of caves so I had to reload. Also he doesn't drop anything cool by the way. And we all know that he most likely wouldn't stay dead even if my party decided to go directly to the underdark.

That said still my favorite bug to date.
JuliusBorisovBlackravenSethDavis

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Saemon is dead, long live Saemon!
    BlackravenSethDavis
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2015
    I've had lots of trouble with Saemon dying and breaking the game during the trip back to Athkatla. The best way to avoid this is to walk over to the northeast end of the boat, which will trigger the next cutscene before Saemon can get too hurt. Also, you should avoid invisibility and Sanctuary spells in the fight, as they can interfere with the sailor whose dialoge triggers the cutscene.

EDIT: Saemon's death doesn't necessarily mean the quest is broken, but the two tend to happen together, as the game-breaking bug prolongs the battle enough for Saemon to die.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I almost always kill Saemon when Githyanki ambushes us, with a finger of death. And the chapter screen still says he dimension doors to safety. Umm, no, he is supposed to be fish-food.

Ofcourse he turns up like a bad penny in ToB.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    There is an Improved Continuity component to a mod (Oversight?) which keeps Saemon dead if he dies in SoA.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    This is the first time that I've heard of anyone being sad to find Saemon dead.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Grum said:

I'd be sad too if he was just dead. I want him to be so, so much more than just dead. You'd need entirely new words for the state I'd like to put him in.

Einhardt
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    It certainly did make me laugh. A lot. Even knowing he would return and turn on me again. But it's a first for me him dying. It was soooooo sweet
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508

Grum said:

I'd be sad too if he was just dead. I want him to be so, so much more than just dead. You'd need entirely new words for the state I'd like to put him in.

petrified? Imprisoned? Getting ideas?

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I am tempted to buy the Dorn DLC for Throne of Bhaal. And to have a chaotic good character assault the very gates of heaven...just to put Saemon's name in the book of retribution.

Because lets face it. Breaking down the gates of heaven, killing a handful of good dragons, slaughtering a platoon of paladins...it is all worth it, to ensure that the SOB stays dead.
    doggyJuliusBorisov