Skip to content

Un-nerf Illasera

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
edited March 2014 in Feature Requests
She's already under-powered :P her vanilla BG2 version at least had 8 images, making her a little bit more challenging and not so easy to kill with Fireballs, fireballs!.
Post edited by CrevsDaak on

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I seem to recollect 4. I'll go check.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Nope. Only 2.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Illasera is weird anyway. She's actually a multi-class level 20 Fighter/level 1 Mage, while also being an elf. She uses a Female Human appearance instead of a Female Elf appearance. She has Mirror Image, Agannazar's Scorcher, Fireball, Haste, and Lightening Bolt memorised, even though they are not actually in her spell book (as opposed to other characters just being scripted to force-cast a particular spell).

The levels are why her spell is not working in the same way that it did in the past. Setting her levels to 20/20/1 will revert it to how it was.

If anything, I would say this is a feature request since her spell is actually working exactly as it should (she's a level 1 Mage). The character has not changed from the vanilla game, either.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ Moved to Feature Request, I think that being an Elf and using a Human animation is working as desired, her script might be shameful but I guess that it won't be changed by feature request, but maybe she can get a bump to her Mage level up to 17...?
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    ...Or wait until Ascension becomes compatible (is it yet?) and see her as an Archer that can destroy you at a distance with a volley of arrows.

Alternatively, she could become a totally legal Elven Fighter/Mage multiclass and actually become challenging.

She's supposedly made that weak because "players starting with ToB could fight her with one character only" but really, who plays justThrone of Bhaal?

I get it that in the case of BG2, you basically start fresh (no equipment or companions) but that's not the case with ToB.

To cater to a small group that will play ToB alone, they made one of The Five most powerful Bhaalspawn, a total joke.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Archaos said:

She's supposedly made that weak because "players starting with ToB could fight her with one character only" but really, who plays justThrone of Bhaal?
    To cater to a small group that will play ToB alone, they made one of The Five most powerful Bhaalspawn, a total joke.

Yeah, just because she *is* OP with Ascension, but she is too weak, who care about new players? They should be starting with SoA. ToB isn't worth playing alone.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea she's got like Time Stop and a bunch of fun spells that she could be using. Instead she barely casts anything. I say boost her to level 20 as a mage and let her cast away :D
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    edited June 2015
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I made her a mage/thief in my game and gave her scs script:he utilises black blade of disaster and backstabs with it for major ouchies. And oh, I boosted her movement rate a lot, she is Illisera 'the quick' after all.

But Ascension version of her is still MUCH more deadly. Unless you have e reflex shield.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I was really surprised When I met ascension illasera, I was expecting a cakewalk and hadn't prepared, I only just got through that fight alive.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Dee said:

We could make her a level 14/14 Fighter/Mage, which would give her the same amount of XP required to normally be a level 20 Fighter. (Note that I'm not saying we necessarily should do that, but following the rules for multiclass characters, that's what she should be. She also should be using the fighter animation, not the mage animation.)

And new script ;)
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    wubble said:

I was really surprised When I met ascension illasera, I was expecting a cakewalk and hadn't prepared, I only just got through that fight alive.

As it should have been from the beginning when you face a boss, which is one of the Five, one of the strongest Bhaalspawn alive, in the Final Chapter of the saga of a game, which takes you into epics, in a game like Baldur's Gate.

In the vanilla version she's pretty much a joke. And she's more of a chore to proceed than even a challenge, even more so when she's supposed to be one of the Five.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    In EE, it is way less necessary to make her a joke... if you actually imported from BG2, she was always a speedbump, though Improved had some surprises. She was nerfed because theoretically, you could start in ToB, but there should have been a difference if you imported, ie check a flag of some kind, and spawn wimpy version vs 'bag of gear' imports.