Skip to content

Is it possible to make summoned creatures that follow you into new areas?

GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
I'm not sure if you still deal with feature requests, and updates, but I have an ease of use request.

At present if you summon a creature, a skeleton for instance it will loyally follow you around all over the map. However as soon as you leave that area, enter a house, or descend to the next level of a dungeon he will stop following, and just wait patiently for you in the previous area. You can go back for him, but he will not follow you.

Hostile enemies do it, they happily chase you into buildings, or up and down stairs to the next level of a dungeon, so why can't summoned creatures? Is this a feature request that is possible? (I'm not talking world map areas, where the creature will likely unsummon due to the long travel times anyway).

It would take a lot of the tedium out of having to rest and resummon each time you zone to a new part of a dungeon, or enter a new building.

Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    I think that the exploit when you could order your summons to attack your character and then move to a new area so that the summons followed you, was fixed in the EEs.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    I wasn't even aware of that exploit!
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    So that was an exploit! I thought it as a clever way to bypass a glaring bug. :o
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,458
    I would most certainly love this! Makes animate dead's long timer more useful.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2015
    An exploit that is how the game should be working in the first place. Not letting summons transition zones horribly under powers the summoning spells even further then they're supposed to be (and that's in addition to the 5 summon limit that should not exist. the ONLY limit on summons is that a caster can't control more permanent undead worth of HD then double their HD, that's it...and animate dead doesn't even give permanent undead in this version so even that is pointless).

I mean hell, a evil cleric (or blackguard) that gets the command result on their Turn Undead roll is supposed to gain the undead as permanent servants as long as their HD isn't over the caster's limit of total undead servants (double the caster's caster HD). Even intelligent undead aren't immune.

Which goes back to biowares completely illogical choices for trying to balance the game by taking things from working the way they SHOULD be, and yet throwing in completely broken crap that isn't working the way it should and that's "working as intended" apparently.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on