Skip to content

Use Any NPC Item - Add-on for Use Any Item HLA.

2»

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited January 2014
    I looked at your modifications. It seems you removed the 'Item Usability' effect on all items AND disabled the restrictive NPC use in the item_use.2da file. That means some items can be worn by any character. Is this really what you intended? My thought was you were trying to enable Rogues with the Use Any Item HLA to actually be able to use these items (vanilla doesn't allow it though they're not red).

@sirwh The Harper Pin is even more of an oddity because it isn't mentioned in the aforementioned 2da. So, a UAI character can use it but doesn't benefit from the bonuses. I've found the cause: the 'Item Usability' effect appears at the top of the list and if checked wrong, the other effects (bonuses) aren't even checked. So, I just moved it to the bottom (like other NPC items actually).

Now, to me the correct behavior would be that only related NPC or Rogues with the UAI HLA can use these items. Which is why only the item_use.2da file should be modified (and the Harper Pin of course).
    Attached, both files to put in your override folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\override):
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Abel said:

I looked at your modifications. It seems you removed the 'Item Usability' effect on all items AND disabled the restrictive NPC use in the item_use.2da file. That means some items can be worn by any character. Is this really what you intended?

@Abel, yes, that's the intent. Ability, race, and class restrictions still apply as per the original vanilla game (which is why people could equip the Firecam Full-Plate Armor if they had the appropriate stats, for example), but anyone with the Use Any Item ability can use those items that are now restricted to just a single individual NPC. Not only was it an attempt to unlock the Use Any Item ability, it was also to 'restore' the original affect for those people that wanted it. :-)
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Ah, I see :) ! I didn't remember how it worked in BG2!
  • ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
    So this mod makes it that I can use npc unique items, nice
  • CruentuzCruentuz Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2015
    Troodon80 said:

I think that's all of them. If I have missed anything, do let me know.

Yes please Troodon80, I would really like to be able to equip Aerie with Edwins amulet. Perfekt for my family run. Me=F/T Aerie =C/M to cover all 4 iconic DnD classes. I Think that the Nether scroll did half the job genderwise and then Qayle helped her with the last adjustments. Gnomish trial and error approach.
  • PiqueroPiquero Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I need some help

Troodon80 wrote: »
    Attached is a zip file containing the following modified items:

Blank item_use.2da - optional, displays Usable/Unusable list instead of just the character name the item is intended for.

this doesn't work, not even starting a new game. I'm placing it in the override folder and the items still display that are only usable by the related npc.