Skip to content

BG2 Redux : Athkatla - DA Mod - Irenicus!

Comments

• RyknRykn Member Posts: 30
    Ah I thought this mod had died for some strange reason. I remember playing through Irenicus's dungeon. Good stuff, I hope you guys are able to finish!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Well @Cuv... This is just EPIC.
    There are no other words to describe this masterpiece.
    That's exactly how it should have been, bravo!

ps. The thief that runs away should have been petrified! xD
  • Flameguard27Flameguard27 Member Posts: 37
    That was just...wow... Incredibly awesome!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Cuv - btw, you do know that Overhaul Games is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to hire, right? :D
  • j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    Wow, color me impressed. That was epic!
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited September 2012
    So glad everyone is liking it more than I thought. Tampering with a masterpiece like BG2 usually gets a slap on the wrist and glaring eyes.>.<

ps. The thief that runs away should have been petrified! xD

The thief that runs away and escapes is .... drumroll .... Gaelan Bayle! I restored his cut VO and asked @DahliaLynn to include it and work him into the scene.

@AndreaColombo Yes, but sadly I am not in Canada... and my 3D modelling skills are not that good. We have modellers for that, I just put it together:D

Here is the Twisted Rune in-game with the isometric view, but this is totally 3D also:
    http://www.gamersnexus.net/media/kunena/attachments/303/Twisted_Rune_Final.jpg
    AliteriMoira
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Damn i love your work :O)

And also the Map your made earlier. Thats just amazing dude :O)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Now I want to see more "Coo!" with the Gaelan Bayle meeting and the cutscene in Govt. building "Shouldn't this man be gagged? Did he not slay 4 of you?" "We dared not approach" :D
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Lots of awesome going on here! *_*
    CrevsDaak
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Great job ! Outstanding ! That reminds me a lot of good things. It's really cool to see BG places in 3D
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    There is no Boo on Minsc's portrait and model? :<
  • ShalfAShalfA Member Posts: 3
    Good god, this makes me want to buy Dragon Age for this mod alone! Oh well, just 9 more days to wait for EE.
    Moira
    @cuv, so are you planning a full BG game in 3d or just some stuff in bits and pieces.. ?
    Woow. You got my full support dudes & duddets :0)
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Amazing!!! :D
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Whoa! This is absolutely stunning. The team has done some mindblowing work!
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    @Cuv

Been following you since the beginning and I think I've even dropped your twitter here a couple of times, let me say your work is freakin' awesome.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    I am wondering how looks this strange sphere that landed in the center of the city:]
  • MoonsongMoonsong Member Posts: 36
    Wow! I love it! Great work. I can't wait to see more.
  • Silver6986Silver6986 Member Posts: 26
    The effort required to make this BG2 Redux is simply amazing, you guys (the creators) are legends! keep up the good work :)
    AndreaColombo
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    When the devs said in their AMAA that the best way to get into the game industry was to make mods, I am guessing they had something like this in mind.
    gabriel0307
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Dude. :D I would buy Dragon Age just for this mod. lol
    AndreaColomboCrevsDaak
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    Dragon Age is not a bad game by itself either. I'd heartily recommend it if you want a "modern graphical" RPG. It doesn't have multiplayer though which automatically makes it worse than BG1/2. But hey BG2 is Bioware's crown jewel gentlemen.