Skip to content

Can you still kill Tazok in Bandit Camp

Just did 81 to him in the Duel and then stunned him and did 890 points of damage before he waltzed away...

I'm guessing they made him unkillable - or am i doing something wrong?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It was the Dev's decision that Tazok is unkillable in the Bandit Camp.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/264/tazok-can-be-killed-in-the-bandit-camp-continuity-issue

After all, you'll meet him in the future ;)
    lolien
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    This is because you see him again later. Kudos for trying, though. :smile:
  • kitenerdkitenerd Member Posts: 4
    thanks for the clarification - this time through i am going for the "no stone unturned" mentality - and i have fond memories of killing him twice ;)

i like this game so much i keep finding new excuses to go through (all evil, all female, all alone... etc)
    JuliusBorisov
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Grum said:

Which really is too bad. I Iiked how he is constantly resurrected. Even from Bg1 to Bg2. I'd rather have dialogue put in where the bandits complain about how his dying keeps cutting into their profits.

Yeah, it would be pretty funny if he also showed up in Adventure Y and Throne of Bhaal as well, with some dialog like "for crying out loud, how many times am I going to have to kill this guy?"
    DreadKhan
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    procco said:

Grum said:

Which really is too bad. I Iiked how he is constantly resurrected. Even from Bg1 to Bg2. I'd rather have dialogue put in where the bandits complain about how his dying keeps cutting into their profits.

Yeah, it would be pretty funny if he also showed up in Adventure Y and Throne of Bhaal as well, with some dialog like "for crying out loud, how many times am I going to have to kill this guy?"
    Is the new Baldur's gate seriously gonna be called Adventure Y or is that just a pseudo-title?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The BG1 NPC Project mod makes Tazok killable in the bandit camp if you have Kivan in your party - though the Iron Throne will resurrect him.
    JuliusBorisovQuartzThacoBell
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    dunbar said:

I thought it was Adventure? Why???

I laughed far too much at this.
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Adventure? Why??? Because I gotta!

(I'm not offering any prize for spotting the movie reference.)
    sarevok57
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

When I found out that Tazok had become indestructible, I used that to my advantage! After many, many reloads, I managed to charm him! So, I made him go on a rampage throughout the bandit camp, killing all the bandits without ever being in danger of dying!

Well, er, yeah, I guess you could do that. But don't you enjoy fighting the battles yourself??
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

When I found out that Tazok had become indestructible, I used that to my advantage! After many, many reloads, I managed to charm him! So, I made him go on a rampage throughout the bandit camp, killing all the bandits without ever being in danger of dying!

Well, er, yeah, I guess you could do that. But don't you enjoy fighting the battles yourself??
    Hahahah! I personally think, even though that's a bit anti-climactic and such, that's worth doing once for irony's sake!
    elminster
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Using the same logic that lead to making Tazok indestructible, Eliminster should also be made unkillable. He makes multiple appearances regardless of whether you kill him or not... and let's be honest, he should just be anyway.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited April 2017
    I'm sitting here trying to justify dead Bandit Camp Tazok and alive Final Battle Tazok. Knee-jerk is "he was raised," but it's more cost-effective for the Iron Throne to leave him dead. Sarevok would have had to foot the bill personally (which would have raised more questions inside IT about his capacity to create the windfall they're looking for), or someone in love with Tazok could... it's easier to believe rez than continuity error if Tazok dies in the bandit camp.

Is Tazok canonically a Bhaalspawn? I can't remember if he was one in the novels and I don't know of anything in-game that points to that...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Adventure? Why??? Because I gotta!

(I'm not offering any prize for spotting the movie reference.)

I loved that movie when I was a kid

the mask