Skip to content

Wild Surge vs. Romance

I've been wondering, is it possible to initiate romance whilst under the influence of Wild Surge gender shift? Could, for example, Aerie romance female-turned-male? What happens after the gender shift passes?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I believe it is possible to romance Aerie as a female character by switching your character's gender to female using Shadowkeeper or EEKeeper. I do not know if a wild surge would work as well.

If it did work, there would be no side effects when your character returned to normal. The romances perform a check to see if your character is compatible to start the romance, but after the romance has begun, a gender change would not end the romance.

If you want a reliable means of romancing somebody as the incompatible sex, you would probably want to start the game as the compatible sex, then Keeper your character to the other, once the romance has begun. So for Aerie, create a male character, wait until the fire lovetalk, and then change your character to female. The romance should proceed as normal.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    My male wild mage has been turned into a woman for some time, due to wild surge, and apparently it affected Hexxat as even after my character returned to having a single X chromosome, she started the romance talks. I haven't fiddled fith the eekeeper and the like.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The dialogues will not change tho. If you get Aerie to romance a woman, she will call her "my lord" and "sir" and refer to her as man.
    semiticgoddess
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301

The dialogues will not change tho. If you get Aerie to romance a woman, she will call her "my lord" and "sir" and refer to her as man.

Guess we know who's the butch in the relationship.

Ok I'll stop now before the trigger-happy tumblr troops show up...
    It works in reverse too, doesn't it? Anomen's romance makes Charname the bottom what with Ano calling him "my lady" - or maybe he's a guy who wants to be a girl? Faerun's first ever transsexual...

Though if I ever do something like this with Aerie, I'll probably make my Charname a druid or ranger so I can hand-wave Aerie being knocked up as nature magic gone awry or something. Immersion and all that.
    lunar
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Or Anomen just has really really bad eyes.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    It's not his fault. He was born with only two, after all.
    KidCarnivalQuartz
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Faerun's first ever transsexual...

Nether Scrolls are old, yo.

The magic for that particular transmutation precedes known history.
    CaptRory
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Nifft said:

Faerun's first ever transsexual...

Nether Scrolls are old, yo.

The magic for that particular transmutation precedes known history.
    Nether Scrolls are the primary source where elves and Netherese mages learned magic from. They predate the limitations Mystra placed on magic, and that's why they are so powerful and valuable. While you can't memorize the magic in the Scrolls, they still work like regular spell scrolls.
    CaptRory