Skip to content

The bad performance of the game.

Fan007Fan007 Member Posts: 7
Hi! Faced with the problem of the game. It stops the image and sound. The new PC is no problem, but on the old PC terrible lags.

А suitable computer system requirements :
OS Win7/8.1
Processor 2 Core Atlon 5000+
2Gb RAM
Video AMD HD 4850 (512Mb)

All the drivers and software installed.

In the options of the game does not determine the video card :

'Graphics', 'version', '1.1.0 - build XXXX',
'Graphics', 'renderer', 'GDI Generic',
'Graphics', 'vendor', 'Microsoft Corporation',

Who knows what could be the problem?
Post edited by Fan007 on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    make sure your game has the latest patch and if you do, try using task manager to go to the bg process while running and setting the affinity to all cores ( if it doesn't already) I think I was having that issue a while back on an older amd chip and when I set the affinity to all cores, it worked fine, but make sure you have the latest patch first and see if that helps
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited June 2015
    Your graphics driver is either not installed or not identified by the game.
  • Fan007Fan007 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2015
    sarevok57 said:

make sure your game has the latest patch and if you do, try using task manager to go to the bg process while running and setting the affinity to all cores ( if it doesn't already) I think I was having that issue a while back on an older amd chip and when I set the affinity to all cores, it worked fine, but make sure you have the latest patch first and see if that helps

The latest version of the game (1.3).

Musigny said:

Your graphics driver is either not installed or not identified by the game.

Drivers on the video card installed.I use the latest version.

---
    In Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition problem worse.

Not fate seems to me to play in the work PC :(
    1.jpg 2.2M
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    You should route your query/call to Beamdog for assistance.
    @Gate70 or another admin can surely tell you what the next step is.
    Musigny said:

You should route your query/call to Beamdog for assistance.
    @Gate70 or another admin can surely tell you what the next step is.

Ok. Thank you.

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    That info indicates that the driver you are using doesn't support OpenGL. "The latest version" isn't very helpful to us, it is much more useful to have a version number.

Is this where you downloaded the drivers? (If you are using 32 bit Windows, you will need a different link)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 7 - 64
    Cerevant said:

That info indicates that the driver you are using doesn't support OpenGL. "The latest version" isn't very helpful to us, it is much more useful to have a version number.

Is this where you downloaded the drivers? (If you are using 32 bit Windows, you will need a different link)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 7 - 64

I Install different drivers : 13.9 - 13.12 -14.12. Before it removes them in a standard way through the program DriverSweeper. The result is the same.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Fan007 said:

'Graphics', 'version', '1.1.0 - build XXXX',
    'Graphics', 'renderer', 'GDI Generic',
    'Graphics', 'vendor', 'Microsoft Corporation',

Who knows what could be the problem?

It is saying that the drivers are not installed, or can't recognise them, or it's trying to use some sort of integrated graphics. Try going into the DirectX Diagnostics Tool:
    • Press the Start button (on Windows 8, just press the Start key on your keyboard)
    • Type in dxdiag, you should have dxdiag.exe appear. Click that.
      • Click the Display tab
      • Make a note of the driver version. It should be 8.97.100.11
    If it's not that version then re-download the Catalyst Software Suite: 32-bit / 64-bit.
    Fan007 said:

I Install different drivers : 13.9 - 13.12 -14.12. Before it removes them in a standard way through the program DriverSweeper. The result is the same.

That graphics card is only supported by 13.9 and earlier.

Out of curiosity: is that a HP computer, by any chance?
    Troodon80 said:

It is saying that the drivers are not installed, or can't recognise them, or it's trying to use some sort of integrated graphics. Try going into the DirectX Diagnostics Tool:

• Press the Start button (on Windows 8, just press the Start key on your keyboard)
    • Type in dxdiag, you should have dxdiag.exe appear. Click that.
      • Click the Display tab
      • Make a note of the driver version. It should be 8.97.100.11
    If it's not that version then re-download the Catalyst Software Suite: 32-bit / 64-bit.
    Аs it turned Win 8 simply does not support the drivers for this video card and uses the standard from microsoft.

In Windovs 7 I had to make the system upgrade, to drivers earned.

Now the game works. Thanks.
    Troodon80 said:

Out of curiosity: is that a HP computer, by any chance?

This old Pc is in the office and rarely used. So I decided to take his case. :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Fan007, so does the game work now? I actually linked the wrong drivers if you are using Windows 8 (your original post said Windows 7/8.1, so I just went with 7). Windows 8: 32-bit / 64-bit.

If it works, though, that's great. :-)
    Troodon80 said:

@Fan007, so does the game work now? I actually linked the wrong drivers if you are using Windows 8 (your original post said Windows 7/8.1, so I just went with 7). Windows 8: 32-bit / 64-bit.

If it works, though, that's great. :-)

Windows 7 there is almost not used and the whole emphasis was on Windows 8.1. Just noticed that the drivers support only win 8, not 8.1