Skip to content

New Content. When???

One of.... No... The biggest reason I ponied up for all three Beamdog Enhancements is the new content. Ultimately it has been minimal. Mods already had most of it covered. But wishful thinking and hope drives me to support. But we have not rec'd crap since the initial releases. I am talking extra, buyable, downloadable content. I am more than willing to pay as I love the IE engine.

When will New content be available for purchase via the store? Is there a plan?

Beamdog, you up took the IE standard and became its bearer. You rekindled our hearts a few years ago. You are now the true IE fan's Obi-Wan. Help us Beamdog....

Comments

• BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    No. I am referring more content for the current games. More NPCs, more side adventures. They have this nice built-in store feature with nothing to buy! It's been a few years now, where's the extra content?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Well they have been giving the extra content away for free if you think about it.

A new NPC and New class kits were handed to you for free. If you really want to pay for those, feel free to send them a couple of Twoonies for thier effort.

Adding to the IE games can cause bugs, so doing so minimally is the probably for the best. I personally dont want to hear the griping that a DLC someone paid for broke their game.

Then there is multiplayer. Having different versions of he game floating around is horrible for multiplayer.

Anything new they have wanted to release amd charge for has probably been bundled into Adventure Y.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

to further expand the playable NPC roster

Thank Oozeness! For a moment I panicked that there's some playable NPC rooster in the making and was about heading out to buy dozens of Protection from Bird Flu scrolls at my local Well-Adjusted Al store. But now I'm able to keep investing my hard earned gold into filling my fridge with infinite puddings!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Blades said:

When will New content be available for purchase via the store? Is there a plan?

Well heck, @Blades ... if you're on one of the new platforms (Android, etc.), then the existing new NPCs are exactly what you're asking for - purchasable DLCs. It's only if you've bought the PC/Mac versions (which cost more) that you get the purchasable DLC included from the start, on the basis that the higher initial price of the PC/Mac versions has already paid for all the DLC components.

So as I see it, Beamdog have already fulfilled their promise on this point, with the existing new NPCs.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    I think new portraits and/or soundsets are also considered to be DLC. As far as tablet/phone users are concerned anyways.
    Yes I am on PC. Platform isn't new there. I already paid for the EE with new NPCs.... that is all irrelevant. What I am asking is... Is there going to more content that could be sold via the store for the already existing games? I have no issues with paying. I have no issues with helping funding it by prepaying. I'm not saying " where's the free stuff?!" I am looking for more addons for the current stuff. Pre EE release my self modded game was much bigger. I think Beamdog did an awesome job on the new editions. I just want more.
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    It's kind of unreasonable to expect a single company to pump out out more content in three years than hundreds, if not thousands, of people have done over 15 years.

Beamdog will never catch up with mods, but I'll admit that I'm still waiting on something to really catch my interest and convince me to purchase all the EE's.
    Onestep said:

It's kind of unreasonable to expect a single company to pump out out more content in three years than hundreds, if not thousands, of people have done over 15 years.

Not disagreeing with that statement. But as a backer and fan I most certainly have the right to ask. Nothing wrong with a pinch of hope mixed with a touch of wishful thinking. Plus I am positive many others would like to know the answer.

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    elminster said:

I think new portraits and/or soundsets are also considered to be DLC. As far as tablet/phone users are concerned anyways.

What soundsets? I haven't seen any new soundsets since vanilla.
    edited June 2015
    Yannir said:

elminster said:

What soundsets? I haven't seen any new soundsets since vanilla.
    They are called "player character voice sets" in the BGEE store page. PC users got all this included in the price of the game though. In-game its soundsets 4-6 for males and females.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Will there be a new update for BG:EE and BG 2:EE with new features such as dungeons? Further patches?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Metalloman
    Wrong section :)
    This must be moved to the international section of the forum.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2015
    fetito666 said:

Will there be a new update for BG:EE and BG 2:EE with new features such as dungeons? Further patches?

They're definitely still working on bug-fixing patches, and we know that they've made some further interface enhancements for Adventure Y which (we can reasonably hope) might be patched into BG1ee and BG2ee in due course.

Updates with additional new content are something which Beamdog have said they'd like to do, but probably as chargeable DLC rather than for free, and they've also implied that it depends upon future commercial factors (such as how successful Adventure Y turns out to be).

Personally, I don't think there's room in the story for more new content in BG1ee, because we can already hit the XP cap quite a long time before we've finished the game. However, hitting the XP cap before the end of BG2ee is still quite hard work, so there's definitely plenty of room to include some more content there ... and the place where it would most naturally fit (i.e. without unbalancing everything else with the extra XP) would be to add more ToB content. (What I'd much prefer, if they can get permission under the licence deal, would be some ToB personal-side-quests for the old NPCs, rather than yet more new NPCs.)
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    I remember a topic talking about possible new adventures in the gnoll stronghold. They said it was "a good idea" so it doesn't mean they will do it... But it should be cool to explore the interior of the fortress, learn about its history for exemple. We dont need high xp rewards, I prefer a good stoy with 200 XP than a big fight with 15 000 XP
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Onestep said:

Beamdog will never catch up with mods, but I'll admit that I'm still waiting on something to really catch my interest and convince me to purchase all the EE's.

As an owner of all three Enhanced Editions, I'll tell you that there is quite a bit of awesome packed into each one to make them worth your hard earned 10 USD or so. In particular, the work the team did on IWD:EE is really first-rate.
    edited June 2015
    Seldar said:

I remember a topic talking about possible new adventures in the gnoll stronghold. They said it was "a good idea" so it doesn't mean they will do it... But it should be cool to explore the interior of the fortress, learn about its history for exemple. We dont need high xp rewards, I prefer a good stoy with 200 XP than a big fight with 15 000 XP

I thought about actually doing that for my Eve of War mod. The problem though is that its not mentioned anywhere in PnP. At least not that I'm aware of. Its just sort of something Bioware added. Clearly the Gnolls didn't build it though so if nothing else it does beg the question of who did :)

(In my mind I always pictured it as being the remnants of a stronghold of a powerful mage who died long ago.)
    I was just looking over the Gnoll Fortress. One issue I can see for modders would be that there is no obvious entrance to it (maybe repelling from the broken roof but that is about it). Making your own of course just adds to the amount of work involved.
    elminster said:

I was just looking over the Gnoll Fortress. One issue I can see for modders would be that there is no obvious entrance to it (maybe repelling from the broken roof but that is about it). Making your own of course just adds to the amount of work involved.

Secret entrance from either an Xvart cave or one of the wells like where Dynaheir is found would work. The gnolls/xvarts could of easily overlooked it or not even realized it was there.
    Paladin said:

Onestep said:

As an owner of all three Enhanced Editions, I'll tell you that there is quite a bit of awesome packed into each one to make them worth your hard earned 10 USD or so. In particular, the work the team did on IWD:EE is really first-rate.
    I agree. I really liked IWD:EE. Half-Orc Barbarian had Icewind Dale written all over it, not Baldur's Gate.

And I don't expect Beamdog to out do the entire modding community. But something more would be awesome. Like new kit packs. More NPCs. Optional strongholds. Anything new would be worth it at this point.
    edited July 2015
    Ooooo....I think I may have found something.

Almost like some kind of covered up entrance with a unique symbol on it. Could be usable :)

(I'm talking about for my mod)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    At the very least I'd like it to actually be a fortress. Right now you walk up and slaughter everything in easy to manage ways. Basically I'd like to see gates where enemy archers fire at you while you try to break them down. Gnolls ready for you with fighters in front, archers in back and a priest or wizard, ready to defend key areas. Maybe a secret entrance to get in.

Have enemies spawn inside who attack to push you out.
    Have killing the chieftain stop enemy stop said respawns.

A real fortress!

Or...maybe I am asking too much.