Skip to content

Where are people that play baldurs gate mostly from.

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Argentina/Chile!
  • DragonserpentDragonserpent Member Posts: 15
    Good old Pennsylvania!
  • Callmee_JohnCallmee_John Member Posts: 23
    BRAZIL! But living in france actually...
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Sweden ^_-
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Taiwan~
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    i am from Russian Federation. EX Soviet Union )))) DVD Region 5
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    @Silver_Moon
    heh, see that is what is great about Computer Gaming. I spent 15 years of my life fighting the cold war and now I am able to enjoy having fellow gamers instead of life and death opponents. Cheers mate!
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216

Good to know your DVD region. Unfortunately, now you will not be receiving the Region 1 DVD I purchased for you for Christmas.
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Night owl American. Spent a couple of years in Augsburg in the 70's and loved every minute of it. Anyone from that area?
  • ElandirElandir Member Posts: 35
    Italy.

...I hope not for long :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Elandir Why not?
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Munin said:

Night owl American. Spent a couple of years in Augsburg in the 70's and loved every minute of it. Anyone from that area?

I spent 5 years a bit NW of there near Heidelberg.

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Europe FTW! And football is played with feet only.
  • KelesKeles Member Posts: 31
    calling in from the frozen tundra that is North Dakota in the US. ~
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Czech Republic, just sent a link for this website to my brother so there's two of us :D
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Necdilzor Como es eso de Chile/Argentina, explica mejor!
    @Elandir Why don't you want to live in Italy? I went on a trip to Bari and Rome once, it was the most beautiful trip I've ever had, your country is awesome.

Soy argentino chilenizado pero esa opción entra en "South America" ;)
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    From Merrikuh, F*** yeah!
    California. And I have much love for Europe for keeping a huge chunk of what's left of classic western CRPG alive, in both development and consumption.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Necdilzor said:

Soy argentino chilenizado pero esa opción entra en "South America" ;)
    Wena! Vives en Stgo? Primeras fiestas patrias acá o estas hace mucho? Justo coinciden con el lanzamiento de BG2XD

• Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1 Member Posts: 15
    A.C.T Australia :)

Wow, Europes sure dominating this poll.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    United States.
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    @Jalily @Fake_Sketch I don't know if it's @Elandir reason but in Italy there aren't many opportunities for the young people :(. And it's better if we don't start a political conversation, but Italy is not a perfect place to live, even though I know that it's beautiful for the turists. Don't get me wrong, I like my country, but I want a better place to study and work.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

GB, UK, England, whatever the rest of the world wants to call it...

That's 3 related but different entities isn't it? As far as I, living on the other side of the North Sea, am aware:
    England=England
    Great Britain=England+Scotland+Wales
    United Kingdom=England+Scotland+Wales+Northern Island.

Am I right?

And what do you prefer as the name of your place of origin?

(some foreigners would say I'm from Holland for instance, but I prefer The Netherlands, as Holland is just the 2 western provinces: North and South Holland).
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Wow really didn't expect Europe to be dominating the polls this much. At first I thought it was the time the poll was posted at (EU prime time) but now it's pretty clear that BG has massive support in EU. Way to go guys.
    Hehe... 8% from outer space? xD
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    Germany - visit our community at Kerzenburg (candlekeep): http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/index.php
    Home of Big World Project & Setup and a few nice mods ;)

Wow, i wouldn't have supposed that there are so many more europeans than guys from North America here.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Norway =) Seems there are a few of us too!
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Southern Africa :p
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72

@Silver_Moon
    heh, see that is what is great about Computer Gaming. I spent 15 years of my life fighting the cold war and now I am able to enjoy having fellow gamers instead of life and death opponents. Cheers mate!

Yes, Love Peace And Fredoom!
    You are from the army?
    Jarl said:

Germany - visit our community at Kerzenburg (candlekeep): http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/index.php
    Home of Big World Project & Setup and a few nice mods ;)

Wow, i wouldn't have supposed that there are so many more europeans than guys from North America here.

You have very beautiful avatar!
    Smaug said:

Good to know your DVD region. Unfortunately, now you will not be receiving the Region 1 DVD I purchased for you for Christmas.
    Its allright. DVD are very cheap. Only this friday (31 august 2012) i recieved Avengers DVD and Star Trek DVD. Already watched them, and like them! Right now, i am waiting for Dark Knight Rises DVD Release.
    And pray for Batman Begin to appear in Extended Version in my land. RIght now, i only know about usual DVD without any aditional content like interview, etc. Russian translation is very good in BAtman Begin according to local reviews )))