Skip to content

Where are people that play baldurs gate mostly from.

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited September 2012
    I am from Italy, but I thought that the majority of the gamers was from America. It seems that Europe rules.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    @Silver_Moon
    No, not army. I was Navy from 1980 to 1990 then I was a Government Contractor till 1995.

Been a lot of places, seen a lot of things but the coolest thing is, that Gamers are awesomely everywhere in all countries and we all like our games.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    @Son_of_Imoen

Most people in the U.K would refer to themselves by their individual nations (England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland) rather then 'British', however tourists can say whatever they want (within reason) ;)
    Atlantic said:

@Son_of_Imoen

Most people in the U.K would refer to themselves by their individual nations (England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland) rather then 'British', however tourists can say whatever they want (within reason) ;)

Most Tourists don't know the difference ;-)
  • agorwalagorwal Member Posts: 3
    Finland
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2012

@Silver_Moon
    No, not army. I was Navy from 1980 to 1990 then I was a Government Contractor till 1995.

Been a lot of places, seen a lot of things but the coolest thing is, that Gamers are awesomely everywhere in all countries and we all like our games.

Maybe i am don`t know what i am saying, but... You should write a noir detective fiction novel about your life. Of course, all the things should be changed into some fictional world. Maybe you become a writer))))) And find your reader. And maybe try to add all this "globalization" or "Brave New World" , your own vision of it.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    I am also wondering what people do for a living as well. I was delivering a presentation to a group of directors at a multinational company a few weeks ago, and as I was packing up, their finance director wandered over and said he was impressed that the Baldurs Gate icon was in my start menu ( I travel a lot and mostly play on the train on my work laptop) and it was the best game he's ever played. I would have been more surprised but that's the second time a very senior executive has approached me and said the same thing.

I guess in a typical cliched fashion I had always assumed if you like Baldurs gate you must work in IT.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I am really surprised at the amount of European players. Maybe they just like forums better than Americans. Either way I'm from the US of A.
  • gumisiwogumisiwo Member Posts: 190
    Poland
  • sharpiejassharpiejas Member Posts: 35
    England
  • DvlopRDvlopR Member Posts: 1
    Norway

@Silver_Moon

Maybe i am don`t know what i am saying, but... You should write a noir detective fiction novel about your life. Of course, all the things should be changed into some fictional world. Maybe you become a writer))))) And find your reader. And maybe try to add all this "globalization" or "Brave New World" , your own vision of it.
    From my college days I know I am no writer. I have tons of cool stories to tell but no discipline or dedication to actually write them down.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Skandinavia, Uppsala, Sweden, to be more precise.
  • gaaustgaaust Member Posts: 6
    Germany
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2012
    Finland here. I find it pretty curious such big portion of community is European. AD&D as a whole has always been most popular in USA no?
  • MerrettMerrett Member Posts: 8
    http://i.imgur.com/anuoo.jpg
    I'm drinking black tea in a dirty cup, watching new screenshots and waiting impatiently for the game.
    Greetings from Poland!
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    Italy.
  • Hor89Hor89 Member Posts: 118
    Moravian Wallachia, Czech Republic :)
  • ResjudicataResjudicata Member Posts: 4
    Cape Town, South Africa.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Wow, go Europe.
  • The_MageThe_Mage Member Posts: 19
    Netherlands here, but currently in Kyoto, Japan.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    It's the final countdown!
    Poland
  • that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    California!
  • theacefestheacefes Member Posts: 85
    California as well (OC) . :)
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 49
    England :)
  • Leviathan07Leviathan07 Member Posts: 9
    Colorado, USA
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    Europe!
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    Sweden : DD. I wonder why EU is so much more represented?
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Taiwan
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    @DreamingViks: we have a better taste in games, North America is busy playing online multiplayer ;)