Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Easiest way to kill Kangaxx (demilich form)

Just burn him with potion of firebreath. That's all. Sometimes you'll need one more potion or 1-2 hits with Daystar or Staff of Rynn (available at early stages of the game).

semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak

Comments

• bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    My first time playing the game I used that anti magic scroll and just banged on him. Didn't even realize he was supposed to be tough til I read the walk-through guide.
  • zolzol Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, his regeneration rate is very high + immunity to poison, both thanks to his ring.

Actually, Protection from Undead scroll is even cheesier than Protection from Magic scroll. You can kill all five liches in the city using 1 scroll (or 0 if you use Simulacrum).

Oh, and thief using Mislead can even backstab him.
    semiticgoddess
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    In vanilla game you just need decent save vs his instant death (or death ward) and spell immunity abjuration vs imprisonment. Then he cannot touch you.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    zol said:

Just burn him with potion of firebreath. That's all. Sometimes you'll need one more potion or 1-2 hits with Daystar or Staff of Rynn (available at early stages of the game).

This made me lol, does that really work?
    I know Jan's flasher master bruiser mates can stun him because he is immune to spell levels 1 to 9 and those count as spell level 0.
    semiticgoddess

zol said:

This made me lol, does that really work?
    I know Jan's flasher master bruiser mates can stun him because he is immune to spell levels 1 to 9 and those count as spell level 0.
    2 potions will kill him 100% (saving throw?). With reloading only 1 may be enough.
    I'm registered here only to tell this hilarous thing!
    Didn't knew about it all this years, but maybe it works only in BG2:EE?
    Before I found this method recently, I've almost always used potion from Irenicus' dungeon on Ulvaryl.

In vanilla game you just need decent save vs his instant death (or death ward) and spell immunity abjuration vs imprisonment. Then he cannot touch you.

Sure, but for a solo low level thief spell immunity is unavailable. I go for Ring of Gaxx almost immediately after first dungeon. And this involves killing all other liches of Athkatla.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Kangaxx has 50 HP. Potion of Firebreath does 6d10, save for half. Each potion therefore does, on average, 33 damage on a failed save, or 16.5 on a successful save. Save vs. breath should be less than 10, so below 50% chance of full damage. You still need a little luck to make it work, so it's not guaranteed.
    SelendisJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Then average values just happen very rare. Ten attempts in different runs, all successful.
    Maybe average calculated like "1st - very high damage, 2nd - very low damage"?
    Need to try it with verbose "to hit" info.
  • wizardforthewinwizardforthewin Member Posts: 23
    zol wrote: »

Lmao your method worked like a charm. Took me 3 hours until I tried ur method lol. That guy is immune to everything except attacking potions lol
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    zol wrote: »
    Then average values just happen very rare. Ten attempts in different runs, all successful.
    Maybe average calculated like "1st - very high damage, 2nd - very low damage"?
    Need to try it with verbose "to hit" info.

Might have had some luck boni going on there, e.g. from bard song or Chant.
  • VicissitudeVicissitude Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2021
    This thread destroys the imposing presence poor old Kangaxx was like a bulldozer rolling on a bug. Nice!
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,567
    Pretty sure these potions are how I got him back on my first playthrough when I knew nothing of immunities and the like.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 174
    In the tactics remix mod, Kangaxx seems to be a bit harder to fight down.
    My old way was to just put Korgan in the front with daystar. That works
    quite fine even on fairly low level on vanilla. With the tactics remix
    mod, it seems Kangaxx is stronger and Korgan could not defeat him
    so far. I'll try some of the suggestions above and see how it goes.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Protection from Undead Scroll + party placement + Daystar/Sunray = cheesy sweetness
  • messymessy Member Posts: 35
    Mace of disruption. Kill him with one hit. B)
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Protection from Undead scroll and use the Mace of Disruption +2.
    Or without the scroll: Mace of Disruption +2, hasted, blessed, Potion of Heroism and Potion of Fire Giant Strength to get THAC0 down, and a Potion of Invulnerability for better saving throws.

For Kangaxx I: make sure you summon creatures before starting the battle, just below where he appears - the Berserker, Kitthix, Fire Elemental, anything really (Kangaxx will cast vigorously at him!)