Skip to content

Petition to buff BGEE NPCs to make them comparable to SoD NPCs

2»

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I mean, people have complained that Dorn has low Constitution and that Hexxat has to be micromanaged with the Cloak and that Neera's Intelligence is a point too low for 100% scribing, but sure, let's say they're munchkins. *shrug*
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Correction, people manage hexxat with the cheatkey that skips time by 1 hour at a time until it is dark.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    billbisco said:

Fardragon said:

Glint is (presumably) NG, which would make him nothing like CE Tiax in character.

Voghiln the Vast is a Skald, not a bard. He is also NG, which makes his character vastly different from Eldoth (NE) and Garrick (CN).

Alginment window dressing does not make up the fact that that Glint and Voghiln are clones of existing characters. If Glint and Voghiln are obviously better than Tiax & Eldoth and Garrick respectively then it makes for a worse gaming experience.
    Just because two characters happen to share the same race and class doesn't make them clones of each other. Is Valygar just a clone of Minsc? Is Edwin just a clone of Xzar? No. What matters is the character and his/her development in the story.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Not only that, but billbisco is - per usual - jumping the gun in assuming that Tiax and Garrick are even in SoD. Because if they're not, then their similarity to Glint and Voghiln is as irrelevant as the rest of his petitions.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    shawne said:

Not only that, but billbisco is - per usual - jumping the gun in assuming that Tiax and Garrick are even in SoD. Because if they're not, then their similarity to Glint and Voghiln is as irrelevant as the rest of his petitions.

Agreed, but ... I suspect that we might see Garrick again, simply because he's modelled on @CameronTofer, who might therefore want to see him included. (Which is fine by me, I quite like Garrick.)
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361

The damage done is clear from this very thread: people think the BG1 NPCs, with stat rolls in the 80s and various special abilities, don't pass muster.

Yeah right... "people".

"Yes, buff BGEE NPCs so that SoD NPCs do not outlcass them
    billbisco 1 vote"

We lost some votes in the merge.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    shawne said:

No guns are jumped. Those NPCs should be in the expansion. Expansions should not remove content. That is the opposite of fun. Please post in the other thread.