Skip to content

New portrait of Imoen?

I saw a passing mention in another thread that there is a new portrait of Imoen in SoD. Can anyone tell me where I can see this? She's my favourite NPC but I've never yet managed to find a portrait that I feel really fits her character. I'm hoping this could be the one . . .

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    There's a hooded picture of her in the trailer, I think.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    You may be able to see something if you watch from approximately here in the stream :)

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Thanks @Schneidend and @elminster

I just watched the trailer again and its a nice portrait but I wish someone would do a picture of her smiling. The new portrait still doesn't look like someone who would say "Heya, it's me, Imoen" or "You're all buffleheaded".
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @Permidion_Stark
    I agree. But, on the other hand, she's not exactly going to be plucky 100% of the time.
    BG1: Gorion's dead and we're on the road and on our own for the first time and everything is dirty and deadly and horrible.
    BG2: I've been tortured by a madman obsessed with death, pain, and necromancy for weeks, and now I'm in an insane asylum.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

@Permidion_Stark
    I agree. But, on the other hand, she's not exactly going to be plucky 100% of the time.
    BG1: Gorion's dead and we're on the road and on our own for the first time and everything is dirty and deadly and horrible.
    BG2: I've been tortured by a madman obsessed with death, pain, and necromancy for weeks, and now I'm in an insane asylum.

True enough, but her basic disposition is happy-go-lucky, cheerful and mischievous and I think that is what ideally should be reflected by her portrait, at least in BG1 and SoD. In BG2 I grant you she has a right to look miserable.
  • Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    I hope they show some evolution for her character. The events of BG1 should have had an effect on her personality. She shouldn't be all somber but somewhat tempered from the road and the revelation about main char. I don't think all the personality change is down to torture. NPC Project got her character just right.