Skip to content

Would you choose the 4 SoD NPCs or 4 BGEE NPCs to travel with in SoD?

billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
Some or all of the following NPCs will likely be non-joinable as a party member or won't last long as a party member:

Neglected BGEE NPCs: Imoen, Ajantis, Kivan, Coran, Yeslick, Alora, Garrick, Branwen, Xan, Faldorn, Quayle, Skie, Xzar, Montaron, Kagain, Shar-Teel, Eldoth, Tiax, Rasaad

If you were allowed a choice and had to choose between the two, would you travel SoD with the 4 SoD NPCs or 4 neglected BGEE NPCs?
  1. Would you choose the 4 SoD NPCs or 4 BGEE NPCs to travel with in SoD?19 votes
    1. I Would Travel With The 4 SoD NPCs
      10.53%
    2. I Would Travel With 4 Neglected BGEE NPCs
      21.05%
    3. I Can't Choose Because I Would Equally Want to Travel With Both Groups
      47.37%
    4. I Can't Choose Because I Would Equally Not Want to Travel With Either Group
      21.05%

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2015
    gangler said:

How are you choosing which of the BGEE NPC's are neglected?

Based off of the default NPC parties in SoD and the existing screenshots and trailer and Beamdog's secrecy of the voice actors.
    Xan isn't in the Neutral party, Neera is. Xan is not mentioned in the trailer nor is there any screenshot of him so far.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I think you are confusing "default party if you don't import from BG:EE" with "the party you continue the game with from BG:EE".

My take on it is that if you import from BG:EE to SoD, you'll have the same party both games.
  • miker60miker60 Member Posts: 20
    For SoD I'd rather have them design some new NPC's to fill out the new area you will be visiting.

But in the approach to designing BGEE if you had asked me "Would you rather have Beamdog design 4 new NPC's or would you rather have them expand the content and personalities of underserved BGEE characters?" I'd most likely chose the later if I could only have 1. We've been with characters BG characters for over 15 years. They have personalities bubbling under the surface that seem ripe to be expanded and given the 'BG2 NPC' treatment.

I understand why NEW NPCS!!! is a better selling point than "Expanded Dialogues and Romantic possibilities for 15 year old characters" But Dorn, Rasaad, Neera could have been expanded versions of Shar-Teel, Kivan, and Xan (to pick some characters of comparable class and alignment ) and I'd have been just as happy.

BTW Fan modders have done a great job expanding the personalities and dialogue options for these characters so its not like there is NO way to get more content for them.
    edited July 2015
    @Faydark Yes Phil Daigle did say that you could import your BGEE party, but that will likely be limited to the NPCs among the Canon game start list. I strongly suspect the neglected NPCs will either actually not transfer over or will quickly leave the party in some fashion. Apparently from a screenshot there is a Skie's plan quest. Skie has likely downgraded into being a quest giver.

@Gallowglass Would you please stop with the offtopic ad hominems. If you think there's a better poll option, please tell me. Remember, how I re-created a poll to add an option you wanted?

@Dee This poll is about people's preferences of current vs new NPCs. Please impute good motive.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    We do not know enough about the new NPCs to answer correctly.

My first playthrough I'm BG2:EE, I wanted to try out Hexxat and ended up killing her as soon as I met her. So it is impossible to answer.

And once again, if a NPC is written out in a believable way for SoD, I am ok with them not being in the game till the end.

Anything before we know more aboit these characters is pure speculation.
    booinyoureyes
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    billbisco said:

I strongly suspect the neglected NPCs will either actually not transfer over or will quickly leave the party in some fashion.

I think it's clearly stated that all will transfer. But yes, it seems likely that several will promptly retire. However, we don't yet know for sure.
    billbisco said:

Would you please stop with the offtopic ad hominems.

Would you please stop the junk polling?
    billbisco said:

If you think there's a better poll option, please tell me. Remember, how I re-created a poll to add an option you wanted?

No, it's waste of my time and everyone else's. One time, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, pointing out an extra option, on the supposition that in a burst of enthusiasm you had over-looked that some people might have a different view. Since then, you've launched loads more junk polls, all of which are absurdly flawed nonsense, not properly-constructed polls, so it's obvious that you've no clue how to make a poll and should be discouraged from doing it.

Look, if you've got an opinion, just contribute to a discussion thread, or start a new thread if it's a new topic. (ONE thread per topic, please!) You're irritating the heck out of me (and several others are also sounding pretty annoyed) by flooding us with junk polls. You are not the only user here, and this forum isn't your private play-pen, it's a shared resource for all of us, which you are abusing.
    billbisco said:

@Dee This poll is about people's preferences of current vs new NPCs. Please impute good motive.

Classic troll excuse!
    dunbarGodKaiserHell
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    You are using these polls as a way of expressing what you think the devs should do (make Voghiln a dwarf! Boost BG1 NPCs! Add a Noober!), because you seem to think that if three or four people agree with you it will magically happen. The creative decisions have already been made. You have no power here. Begone before someone drops a house on you.

dunbarNonnahswriterGodKaiserHell
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    On the first playthrough I will almost certainly travel with NPCs from the original game (assuming that is possible) because the main reason I want the expansion is so I can spend more time with those guys.