Skip to content

The Tale of Neilah, Child of Bhaaaaaaaal!

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
Well, I've done it. I decided to finally attempt a full playthrough of Baldur's Gate, from beginning to end. I'm gonna go roll up the character, and I will use this thread to tell the story in a similar fashion to my story. I sincerely hope that I can finish the series, and that I can keep my friends here on the forum entertained as I do so.
Post edited by Nimran on
JuliusBorisovlolienElrandirBlackravenkcwiseMusignyNonnahswriterBelgarathMTH

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What's her name? How does she look like? What are her abilities? Who will be her companions? Will she love? Will she resurrect the follen friends if needed?

So many questions... I'm eager to find answers on them in your future chapters. It's great that you've decided to attempt a full playthrough of BG, @Nimran .
    lolienNimrankcwiseNonnahswriter
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Also, a question: should I move this to the Challenges and Playthroughs section since it is an actual game that is being roleplayed?
    lolienkcwise
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Nimran said:

Also, a question: should I move this to the Challenges and Playthroughs section since it is an actual game that is being roleplayed?

As you wish. Maybe it gets a little bit more trafic, but not much honestly. Rather you should advertise your playthrough in @Elrandir's thread, that's in the general discussion, there find it everyone, who wants.

Here's an article how to take a screenshot on a tablet: http://lifehacker.com/5994516/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-android
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovNimran
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited May 2015
    This is a thread designed to draw in more views for your play-through, though I'd also like to point out that you can put your play-through in General Discussion for a bit. While you'll want to move it either to Challenges and Playthroughs or Fan Creations (I recommend the former, as it does get a few more views) eventually, moderators have previously stated that it's alright to leave your threads in General Discussion for a bit. (I generally stick to a one month maximum system myself.)

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33353/advertise-your-written-play-through-s/p1
    Post edited by Elrandir on
    lolienJuliusBorisovNimran
    Nimran said:

Also, I say that I tap the End Dialogue button because I am playing on an iPad Mini.

Her portrait is the default elf portrait that appears first in Character Creation. I would post a screenshot, but I have no idea how to do that on a tablet, or if it's even possible to do on a tablet.

I do my written play-throughs on an ipad Mini as well, so huzzah for fellow mini users! As for screenshots, press the home button and the sleep button at the same time. (big round button and the one at the top right of the device) Unless you post these to the forums directly from the device as well, then how I always do it is by importing the pictures to my computer after I finish a session, put them in a folder specifically for a character's play-through, then attach the files through that thread. Keeps things organized and easy to access. I then delete photos once a chapter is posted to the forums so I don't get old pictures mixed up with new ones.
    NimranJuliusBorisovlolien
    @Elrandir good to know. I will have to try that later.
    JuliusBorisovElrandirlolien
    I hope this works. It should be Neilah's character sheet.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Great! Now, next time, before posting, hover over the small image and click the "attach image" button. That's how we get the bigger pictures in our posts.
    NimranlolienJuliusBorisov
    edited May 2015

Alright, I got it. Thanks, @Elrandir.

I'm not able to delete the small image, though.
    ElrandirlolienJuliusBorisov
    Once you've posted the comment, hover over the small pic and there should be a delete button that pops up.
    NimranlolienJuliusBorisov
    Sorry guys, RL is being stingy with my time recently. I'll post the next update when I get the chance.
    Sooo, I kinda forgot about this for a while, but I plan on updating when I get home from work. Stay tuned for more adventure, excitement, and suspense in... this thread!
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovlolien
    It's been awhile, but I have returned to this playthrough, and will write up my experiences ASAP.
    "EEEEEEEE!" A hoarse shriek erupted from the brush north of the road just as the group reached the crossroads, and out jumped a short, bald blue humanoid wearing ragged brown clothes and waving a short sword above his head. The group reacted in different ways: Neilah rubbed her head and and groaned from the noise, Montaron charged, his own sword ready to kill, Xzar cackled maniacally, adding to Neilah's discomfort, and Imoen quickly drew her bow and shot the charging blue man in the shoulder, causing him to shriek even more as he suddenly turned and ran back into the bushes. Montaron stopped chasing the creature and spat "Ye damned xvart! Next time, bring yer whole tribe before coming at us like that!" He turned and walked back to the group, cursing under his breath. Taking a quick look at Neilah, he said "Decent spot to camp."

"You just told a murderous blue psycho to come back with friends!" Imoen exclaimed. "This is NOT a decent spot to camp!" "Have no fear, madam!" spoke Xzar in a dramatic tone. "I shall hunt the blue man down before he finds his friends and MURDER HIM!" He then took off into the bushes, chasing after the xvart, cackling like a madman as he went. Imoen stared at his back as he disappeared behind the brush, completely dumbfounded.

Neilah, however, was too tired to notice the exchange between her companions, and she trudged her way toward the large stone pillar in the center of the crossroads and slumped against it, feeling the full force of her exhaustion. Montaron stared at her with a look of disdain and said "Ye have until nightfall, girl. That should give ye enough time to recover yer strength." Imoen shot him a hard glare as she passed him and sat down beside Neilah, who had also sat down at the base of the pillar. "The Lion's Way," she muttered as she read the writing on the pillar. "It's hard to believe that we're outside Candlekeep after all these years. It's almost like a dream." She looked sideways at Neilah, who had already slipped into unconsciousness. "Though it must be a nightmare for you, huh?"

She knew that Neilah couldn't answer, fast asleep upon the cobblestone road, but she couldn't help but feel tremendous sympathy for her childhood friend. Montaron scowled at the two young women, then turned away and began pacing back and forth impatiently. He was quickly alerted to a sudden rustling of leaves in the bushes to the north, and he immediately drew his sword with a snarl. His stance softened, albeit only slightly, when Xzar slid through the brush, carrying a short sword in his hand. "Well, I have good news, and I have bad news," he said. "The bad news is, the blue man had no friends, and I may have used my last scroll on him. The good news is, I slapped him, he died, and I took his sword." He then tossed the short sword at Imoen's feet, and it slid to a halt in front of her. She looked at the sword, then back up at him. "Take it!" he shouted at her. "You might need it in case Monty can't keep his sword up." "Maybe ye'd like me to test it on you next, wizard!" Montaron spat at him viciously. Xzar gasped and said "Monty! I had no idea you thought that way about me!" Montaron paused and stared at him for a moment. When realization finally hit him, he shook his head and growled "That's not what I meant, ye damned fool!" He waved his sword at Xzar, and Xzar wiggled his eyebrows and grinned in response.

Imoen watched the two men argue with some amusement. Of course, she knew that she had to keep an eye on them for Neilah's sake, even if her friend considered them trustworthy. At least they gave her a show whenever she watched.
    lolienJuliusBorisovElrandir