Skip to content

Dwarven portraits

Hello! Does anyone have any decent, more or less, IWD style female dwarven portaits? I have found loads of male, but for me party will have two of them shortys. Two shortys whom wish to reclaim that ancient Dorn,s Keep.
lolienGrumJuliusBorisovBlackraven

Comments

• bauskasalusbauskasalus Member Posts: 8
    Thank you!
    elminsterButtercheeseJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Did you find what you where looking for?
    Which did you choose? :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Hello! Does anyone have any decent, more or less, IWD style female dwarven portaits?

Sorry, I didn't see the "IWD style" part.

In that case, I'd suggest this one:

NonnahswriterAedanJuliusBorisov
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Hello! Does anyone have any decent, more or less, IWD style female dwarven portaits?

I use this one. ^_^
    elminsterJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    What? No female dwarves with beards? Lol
    @T2av If he would have been looking for those, he could have just gone with male dwarf portraits.
    Quartz

@T2av If he would have been looking for those, he could have just gone with male dwarf portraits.

:open_mouth: some female dwarves have beards.... why would you say male dwarves portraits for female! Misogyny at work lol

T2av said:

:open_mouth: some female dwarves have beards.... why would you say male dwarves portraits for female! Misogyny at work lol
    I personally prefer bearded dwarven women, too. And as a matter of fact, unless the "male" portraits show some specifically male anatomy (which barely ever happens, because armor and stuff), you can simply use those for your female dwarf. But like I said, if the OP would have been looking for those, they wouldn't have had a problem of finding one, because they are all over the place. They asked for specifically female ones, so I am going to assume that they wanted a portrait that shows some traditionally female characteristics.

Also, you should really look up what "misogyny" actually means before you try to insult your fellow female forum-users with it.
    Lol why are you so serious? I was joking around. Iwd literally tells you that women have beards right from the very opening of the game.

Misogny means hatred/dislike of women. Women can be misogynistic too; so before you tell others to look something up, you should probably do it first. It only reflects badly upon yourself. Just sayin'
    QuartzFlashburn
  • outofdaboxoutofdabox Member Posts: 18

It's funny how many people use this portrait as a female dwarf. While this pic comes from the cover of R.A Salvatore's book The Ancient (this book has nothing to do with the D&D world) she is not a dwarf but from what I remember she is a shaman of a barbarian tribe, definitely human (dwarfs have a really bad reputation on these books and are usually the bad guys like trolls, goblins etc).
    IMO the art work on the covers on the series was really bad, I found it pretty difficult to recognize which characters are supposed to be in the covers and she kinda looks like a dwarf or a short lady, no wonder the first person who decided to use this image decided to name it dwarf and put it in a portrait collection which resulted to every person using that portrait as a female dwarf.

Just blabbing here, nothing constructive to add on this conversation :tongue:
    ButtercheeseNimranSily
    Well, a lot of the pictures I posted aren't dwarves either, I just picked those for which I thought that could pass as one :P
    NimranJuliusBorisov
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @outofdabox this illustration is very similar to the female Dwarves from D&D's 4e illustrations. I'm guessing it's the same artist.

I mean, the proportions kinda remind me of a dwarf. And the hairdo as well.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Balsak_the_SweatyBalsak_the_Sweaty Member Posts: 9

Is this Yvette Nicole Brown and Mindy Kaling?

Is this Yvette Nicole Brown and Mindy Kaling?
    Yes to the top one, but I don't know/remember who the bottom one is.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    The bottom one looks scary and could be the she-hulk in a movie.