Skip to content

[Not an Issue] MIN_LEVEL field in HLA tables may be bugged

KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
edited August 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I previously posted about this in the BG:EE 1.3 bugs forum, but it appears that the behavior is the same in BG2:EE. Here is a link to the post with the relevant information:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39603/hla-min-level-field-may-be-bugged

Thanks,
K
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Kalindor said:

I previously posted about this in the BG:EE 1.3 bugs forum, but it appears that the behavior is the same in BG2:EE. Here is a link to the post with the relevant information:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39603/hla-min-level-field-may-be-bugged

Thanks,
    K

So it's bugged or not?
  • KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
    Yes it appears to still be bugged according to the IESDP description of how it is supposed to function.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    (moved from linked thread as posted there in error)

Hi
    I edited lunumab.2da to allow fighters HLA's at level 11 and that worked (using Korgan). I then edited LUFI0.2da to use values of 3 instead of 1 and saw no levelling as you suggest. I get the same results in the original BGII game too so either I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work as you expect.

If you are getting different results in EE to that of the original game please could you advise what files and values were involved.

As far as I can see (and this is just observation and some head-scratching based on table values).
    - Classes have a minimum of 1.
    - Kits have a minimum of 15.
    - Dual/multi classes have a minimum of 1, 16 or 32. Taking Cleric/Mage (Aerie) as an example;
    1: Extra level 6/7/8 spells. HLA's available to wizard
    (checked with fighter/mage and they can be selected with fighter HLA's)
    16: Cleric HLA's
    32 Mage HLA's

So I think the values of 1, 15, 16, 32 relate to class, kit, first multi/dual class, second multi/dual class.

edit
    & thinking more about what you are trying to achieve.
    - If you want to force abilities at levels rather than allow player selection you might want to be looking at the class options, e.g. how monks or barbarians gain the likes of stunning blow or enrage. I'm not sure the engine allows HLA's to be added level by level as class options or HLA pre-requisites can be used.
  • KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
    Hi, Gate70. It appears that you experienced the same issue I did. I also observed this behavior in the original non-EE BG2 game. I suspect that the IESDP description is based on assumption rather than experience. Oh well, I didn't progress too far with the mod idea after I experienced this behavior. I will just have to shelve it. I could use a dialog selection for character abilities that occurs on level-up, but that just screams "mod-added" to me. Thank you for looking into this matter!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I'm going to tag this as not an issue but you may want to consider asking in the mod forums with specifics of what you'd like to achieve (e.g. this HLA at that level, that HLA at level x, choice from these three HLA's at next level).
This discussion has been closed.