Skip to content

[Resource Pack] Extended Animations

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Probe said:

it says zip too large, cant download

Its too awesome, can't wait to download!
  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 75
    If anyone else is not able to download cause the zip folder is to large, you need to get a dropbox account and download it with said dropbox account.

Awesome work, hope it is still being worked on.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Really like the models and animations. I hope this is still being worked on too.
  • viaderviader Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 875
    @Gubo @comebackhome I tried to resolve the problem, and I can't find any solution. It demoralizes little me.

@viader
    One thing confuses me, though: if I change my characters' animation to one of the new ones (like, say, turning Yoshimo into a Planescape thug), it will work, but there's this *thump thump thump* sound whenever he starts walking.

It seems that it is hardcoded. I'm perfectionist, so it is the wall for me. What should I do, leave this issue? Except it, pack is almost done, I must only have courage to ask admins SHS, about hosting pack.

@Wisp You are probably good informed about latest BG:EE and BG2:EE version. Are there something new, what can help with sound issue?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    I'm not, I'm afraid. The walking sound is/was indeed hardcoded (to the slot the animation occupies) and it sounds like thump-thump-thump is used by the EE's new slots. IA originally had the same issue (same sound, too), until (I think) some solution was devised. Seems like this is something you would have to ask Beamdog to externalise.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Can I ask what Planescape animations are in here, if it's not too much trouble? I know, I know, I could just download and check, but I'm busy today and hope there's someone on here that isn't if it wouldn't be too much of a bother.
    @Twani There are Planescape animations in pack.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Wisp said:

I'm not, I'm afraid. The walking sound is/was indeed hardcoded (to the slot the animation occupies) and it sounds like thump-thump-thump is used by the EE's new slots. IA originally had the same issue (same sound, too), until (I think) some solution was devised. Seems like this is something you would have to ask Beamdog to externalise.

I'm a bit out of the loop and could be wrong but I think ToBEX allows to change the walking sounds via aniwksnd.2da. So yes, there should be no way to solve this with the original .exe.

@viader‌

The whole mod looks awesome, thanks for your great work!

• Kwiat_WKwiat_W Member Posts: 37
    Those loud thump-thump sounds can be replaced with silence. That's the only "solution" for now.
    @Kwiat_W Overwrite .wav file responsible for thump-thump sounds?
  • Kwiat_WKwiat_W Member Posts: 37
    Yes, that is what I do in my pack mule mod.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    well, you're awesome :D
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @Kwiat_W‌
    What's the exact name of the footsteps sound clip? Also, if it's overridden with an empty .wav file, will that mean that dragons and giants will now walk around silently?
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    I don't suppose 1.3 externalised the walking sound stuff?
    @TvrtkoSvrdlar ofc, "that mean dragons and giants will now walk around silently"
    @jobby I don't see this feature in patch list, maybe @Cuv something know ( I doubt )
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    So far as I know, that hasn't been externalized just yet - but there are some changes to the how animations can be played/used coming, but cant say any more about that at this time. So, no, not in this patch.
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Ah well, glad to hear that you guys are working on it though! :)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2014
    Hello,
    I am very interested in this mod, but I cannot download it. Dropbox says it's too large and I should add it to my Dropbox-Account, but I have none. Is there another mirror available? EDIT: Never mind, I got it. - Still, for further versions, the possibility for downloading it as an archive would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by jastey on
    Hello @viader‌ The work you put into this mod is awesome. I would like to have the drider animations in a mod of mine. Easiest would be to make Extended Animations a requirement for my mod, but: It is huge, and the download restriction is disadvantageous. So, is Extended Animations to be seen as a mere ressource for modders, or do you expect players to install the whole mod so some animations can be used by other mods? By no means I want to steal your work, but if I go on integrating the drider animations into my mod in a compatible way, I could as well take it from EA - so please give a statement how this could be handled.
    edited December 2014
    @jastey sorry, I'm busy lately. Ofc, I'm glad if someone use my pack. I allow to use my pack without restriction for everyone.

But please, don't change IDS slots number ;)
    Thank you very much! This will save me a lot of work. Thank you very much for making all these animations ready for BG(II):EE!
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited August 2015
    Any chance this will be made compatible with IWDEE?

Also is there a version available that has the PST models scaled down properly? The version on drop box has Fall from Grace towering over an Ogrillon.

EDIT: Also what would be involved in getting models with variable color to respect character color?
    Post edited by Aquadrizzt on
    @Aquadrizzt I can do it compatible with IWDEE. About PST models, do you know correct scale property? I heard that engine support now model coloring, I must check it :)
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited August 2015
    @viader , awesome! You showed earlier that you scaled down PS:T models 4:3, which should make them the appropriate size. And model coloring would be great for what I'm working on. :)

Oh also, a bunch of your PST models are simply named "PST_SUPRISE".

I've renamed them so that you can know which one you're applying when using the animations in mods, etc. A couple of the guards (Doomguard, Godsman Guard, Harmonium Officer) might be misnamed, but other than that all of the names are correctly descriptive.

0xe2A4 PST_ABISHAI_BLACK
    0xe2A5 PST_ADVOCATE
    0xe2A6 PST_HARMONIUM
    0xe2A7 PST_COLLECTOR
    0xe2A8 PST_CORNUGON
    0xe2A9 PST_DABUS
    0xe2AA PST_DHALL
    0xe2AB PST_GODSMEN_GUARD
    0xe2AC PST_FELL
    0xe2AD PST_FALL_FROM_GRACE
    0xe2AE PST_DOOMGUARD
    0xe2AF PST_HARMONIUM
    0xe2B0 PST_IGNUS
    0xe2B1 PST_RAVEL
    0xe2B2 PST_CONSTRUCT_LOW
    0xe2B3 PST_LADY_OF_PAIN
    0xe2B4 PST_LOTHAR
    0xe2B5 PST_MODRON
    0xe2B6 PST_MERCYKILLER
    0xe2B7 PST_MORTE
    0xe2B8 PST_PHAROD
    0xe2B9 PST_TRIGIT
    0xe2BA PST_TRANSCENDENT_ONE
    0xe2BB PST_STONE_FACE
    0xe2BC PST_VARGOUILLE
    0xe2BD PST_WERERAT
    0xe2BE PST_LARVAL_WORM
    0xe2BF PST_CRASH
    0xe2C0 PST_GLABREZU
    0xe2C1 PST_LIM_LIM
    0xe2C2 PST_DEIONARRA
    0xe2C3 PST_LEMURE
    0xe2C4 PST_AASIMAR_FEMALE
    0xe2C5 PST_COMMONER_FEMALE
    0xe2C6 PST_THUG_SMALL
    0xe2C7 PST_COMMONER_HOOD
    0xe2C8 PST_DAKKON
    0xe2C9 PST_DUSTWOMAN
    0xe2CA PST_DUSTMAN
    0xe2CB PST_GHOUL_FEMALE
    0xe2CC PST_GHOUL_MALE
    0xe2CD PST_GODSMEN
    0xe2CE PST_GITHZERAI
    0xe2CF PST_CONSTRUCT_HIGH
    0xe2D0 PST_COMMONER_FEMALE
    0xe2D1 PST_COMMONER_MALE
    0xe2D2 PST_TOWNIE_FEMALE
    0xe2D3 PST_TOWNIE_MALE
    0xe2D4 PST_MERCHANT
    0xe2D5 PST_MIDWIFE
    0xe2D6 PST_NAMELESS_AXE
    0xe2D7 PST_NAMELESS_MACE
    0xe2D8 PST_NAMELESS_KNIFE
    0xe2D9 PST_DUSTMAN
    0xe2DA PST_NAMELESS_FIST
    0xe2DB PST_NAMELESS_HAMMER
    0xe2DC PST_NAMELESS_DUSTMAN
    0xe2DD PST_NAMELESS_CLUB
    0xe2DE PST_NAMELESS_ZOMBIE
    0xe2DF PST_PHAROD
    0xe2E0 PST_HARLOT
    0xe2E1 PST_NOBLEMAN_BUGGED
    0xe2E2 PST_SKELETON
    0xe2E3 PST_SKELETON_KING
    0xe2E4 PST_TIEFLING_FEMALE
    0xe2E5 PST_TIEFLING_MALE
    0xe2E6 PST_THUG_BIG
    0xe2E7 PST_WIZARD
    0xe2E8 PST_CONSTRUCT_WIZARD
    0xe2E9 PST_VHAILOR
    0xe2EA PST_WERERAT
    0xe2EB PST_ZOMBIE_FEMALE
    0xe2EC PST_ZOMBIE_MALE
    @Aquadrizzt Ah, it was almost 2 years ago and I forgot that I do it with scale :) I try implement this feature ;) Nice slots naming, good job!
  • VerdenVerden Member Posts: 15
    @viader 1st- Great job! 2nd - Do we know anything about adding paperdoll for animation? Is there any new slot wich I can use to add/copy animation + add paperdoll (ex. xxxxINV.bam)? Cheers or pozdrawiam! :smiley:
  • DareusDareus Member Posts: 4
    @viader I would like to ask if it is possible to have Elminster animation with a different color ?. Like blue Elminster animation or green etc. or animation which color can be changed like other character in Menu or via Keeper EE. Thanks
    @viader

I would like to reserve one of the empty IWD slots for an animation of mine if that's alright?
    I'd use 0xE330 if it is still available.

Maybe we could use this thread to keep track which mod uses which slots to ensure mod compatibility.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,177
    The v2.0 patch seems to have externalized animations into INI files, but I'm unable to add new ones, even if I create a new INI file. Any thoughts?
    edited April 2016
    I've also had some issues with that. Check out this thread, I've written a quick run-down of how you should be abled to get it to work.
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58643-adding-an-animation-to-bg2ee/

*Edit* Oh yeah, also I herby officially claim the 0xE330 slot as mine (MIIINNNEEEEE!!) since I haven't heard back from @viader yet.