Skip to content

Wild surges

DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
So, this may be a better post for mod discussions, I'm not entirely sure yet, but moving.

Not to long ago I was looking at the wild surge table charts and I noticed something, we have too many overlapping affects.
(http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Surge)
Two targets held, two fire balls on caster, and even two variations of color change. Wod it be in all possible to change some of these affects and add in new ones? Both good and bad?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Moved to feature requests.

A nice idea. Now you have to offer options, both good and bad.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Actually, this is partially moddable. Just look at WILDMAG.2DA. Only the entries with a "*" entry are hardcoded. The others could be changed.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @bengoshi
    Sir, my mind would possible break the game if I controlled the affects :smiley: But I'll try to stay in the parameters of what is plausible

Bad;
    Stat change- a wild surge causes the players team to have their stats randomly switch around d temporarily.

Berserker rage- cause team to be overcome with magically induced rage and go berserk.

Weakeness- magical induce fatigue thay lowers the stats of the players party.

Neutral:

Spacial distortion- the team gets randomly teleported to a already accessible part of the map.

Tempest A wild surge creates a storm of magical energy which looks to the naked eye, like rain and lighting. Once pure round a bolt of pure magical energy will randomly strike a teammate or enemy.

Good
    Arrow enchantment- a wild surge magical enhances a stack of arrows and arrows +1turning them into elemental arrow.

Friends from other places- a surge of wild magic creates an charms causing up to two enemies to fight for you for x rounds

Miniature giant space hamstse (misc required), a wild surge affects boo, causing him to grow to the size of a bear for 8 hours. If he is about to die, the surge ends prematurely and boo returns to Minsc' quick item alot where it spends the next 24 hours recovering.

Strengthening- I wild surge enhances the casters teams stat, increasing dex, con, nd strength temporarily.

End game affects
    None I thought of currently.

One thing I'd really love to see is wild surges actually getting more powerful along with the wild mage, let the surges both good and bad become more grand the higher level they get. I left this out because, well that problems requires a lot more then what is possible in a crpg. We are still limited by engine anf coding of a already finished product after all.