Skip to content

Xzar's Saved by the Spell

A user by the name of Myrmuzduur discovered a way to save Xzar from the Harper Assassin. I couldn't find this story anywhere else but here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/66939866?page=1

I did it!

Imprisonment was the answer. He has to be imprisoned a split second before the Harper spawns, just as he finishes casting the polymorph spell which causes her to spawn.

Here is the timing I managed to achieve. Edwina casts Imprisonment and just as the cage animation appears, I talk to Xzar:

And here is the dead Harper, minus Xzar who is imprisoned:

Here is Xzar, saved from ignominious instant-death, ALIVE AND STANDING ABOVE THE CORPSE OF HIS MURDERER, just like I said he would be:

That's all he'll say to me now as well. No more dialogue. Would have been nice if they'd snuck in something there but oh well.

Mission accomplished.

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Can you use CLUA to force him to join?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Its all right, cause he's saved by the spell!
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    Just for future reference the imprisonment is total overkill. All you have to do is talk to the harper assassin before she kills Xzar, this triggers her "killed Xzar" dialogue and then she's on her merry way.

Not as spectacular but atleast you dont need an epic level wizard or to waste two level 9 scrolls ;-)
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    So i finally learn how to keep Xzar alive other than the imprisonment spell or the talk to Lucette directly which is very very cheap.

Saving Xzar with the Rod of Resurrection

While paused

Here i had Nalia use the Rod of Resurrection on Xzar right before the kill script triggered

Fast Forward

Now Xzar can live on to plot another day