Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Xzar's Saved by the Spell

A user by the name of Myrmuzduur discovered a way to save Xzar from the Harper Assassin. I couldn't find this story anywhere else but here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/66939866?page=1

I did it!

Imprisonment was the answer. He has to be imprisoned a split second before the Harper spawns, just as he finishes casting the polymorph spell which causes her to spawn.

Here is the timing I managed to achieve. Edwina casts Imprisonment and just as the cage animation appears, I talk to Xzar:

And here is the dead Harper, minus Xzar who is imprisoned:

Here is Xzar, saved from ignominious instant-death, ALIVE AND STANDING ABOVE THE CORPSE OF HIS MURDERER, just like I said he would be:

That's all he'll say to me now as well. No more dialogue. Would have been nice if they'd snuck in something there but oh well.

Mission accomplished.

rufus_hobartmoody_mageMoomintrollJuliusBorisovJLeeTuthLarkusjackjackCrevsDaakGoturalRAM021NimranBlackravenSethDavisMoradinFlashburnGrum

Comments