Skip to content

[HOW TO] Install SCSII on your iPad

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
1) Download the latest SCS exe.
2) Connect your iPad to your PC usign iFunbox (there's somewhere a step by step guide for this).
3) Copy the whole BGIIEE baldur.app folder of your iPad into your PC.
4) Open scs.exe (or whatever is the name, but the .exe file) with winrar, and extract it into the folder called baldur.app you previously created.
5) Open the stratagems.ini file and edit the string "Run_Silent 0" into "Run_Silent 1"
6) Launch SCS and install it (use the english language).
7) Choose every option you like (In BG1EE you better skip some of them). Don't bother with the party easy of use AI since you won't have a keyboard in your iPad.
8) Once the installation is over, use iFunbox to copy the whole content of the "override" folder of your PC into the "Characters" folder of your iPad (under library). You better copy 100 files at a time (When I tried to copy all of them at once, I had issues).
9) Launch BG2EE in your iPad.

When you'll meet the first genie, answer "I press the button".
You'll meet an ogre magi, and if he's going to be a PITA you'll know that SCS is working :D

If you still have problems, remember that someone could simply zip his "Characters" folder and send it to you, so the only thing you should do is to copy that in your iPad (but you won't be able to choose the options).
lolienJuliusBorisovlunarproccoCrevsDaak

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Looking on the number of the questions about this subject, this thread fully deserves an announcement and a promote : )
    PibarolunarjackjackCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Hear, hear! I was too lazy to produce a step by step guide to install scs2 and some other mods on Ipad, but that's exactly what I do too! Works great.

Also, in bg2:ee, it may be better to skip improved Abazigal's Lair, it adds quite a few extra dragon fights and each have unique names and dialogue. Also, IIRC, you need a new dialogue to get a hem of rope from Amkehtran bar. Since we can not touch dialog.tlk, obviously this will result in bugs galore if installed on Ipad.

All other tactical options work fine. Some spells edited by scs have wonky descriptions, like breach, ruby ray etc. and insect plague line, despite using the command line to avoid changing written text. But that's a very minor thing when compared to the beauty and majesty of having scs2 on Ipad!
    JuliusBorisovPibaroCrevsDaak
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @lunar‌ I'll improve the guide soon :)
    JuliusBorisovlunarCrevsDaak
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I'll have to try this out on BGIIEE tonight. May as well monkey around with the app while waiting for the patch to come!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    lunarBrer_Rabbit
    edited August 2015
    Scott Broooks posted a little neat exe file which can set up the zipped modded dialog.tlk to be recognisable in Ipad without a jailbreak.

The trick of making the game see our modded dialog.tlk on unjailbroken Ipad:

On your pc, You find the mod-editted dialog.under lang folder, en_US.
    On your desktop, create an empty folder named 'lang'
    Inside the empty lang folder, create another folder named 'en_US'
    Copy the mod-editted dialog.tlk and paste it here under 'en_US'

Now, to zip the main folder 'lang', PROPERLY how:
    Right click on lang folder, choose 'add archive' for options. In the options, choose ZIP AND 'store' as methods, otherwise it does not work.
    You now have a PROPER lang.zip file for our purposes.

Download Scott Brook's exe file.
    Drop the lang.zip file into SB's exe file. It will work its magic in a second.
    Now this zip has become special, when you put it into folder on your Ipad, where baldur.ini is, under library, the game will recognise this as a valid path to the modified dialog.tlk inside. And everything works PERFECTLY!
    As simple as that!
    JuliusBorisovT2av
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lionwarriorkinglionwarriorking Member Posts: 28
    Pibaro said:

1) Download the latest SCS exe.
    2) Connect your iPad to your PC usign iFunbox (there's somewhere a step by step guide for this).
    3) Copy the whole BGIIEE baldur.app folder of your iPad into your PC.
    4) Open scs.exe (or whatever is the name, but the .exe file) with winrar, and extract it into the folder called baldur.app you previously created.
    5) Open the stratagems.ini file and edit the string "Run_Silent 0" into "Run_Silent 1"
    6) Launch SCS and install it (use the english language).
    7) Choose every option you like (In BG1EE you better skip some of them). Don't bother with the party easy of use AI since you won't have a keyboard in your iPad.
    8) Once the installation is over, use iFunbox to copy the whole content of the "override" folder of your PC into the "Characters" folder of your iPad (under library). You better copy 100 files at a time (When I tried to copy all of them at once, I had issues).
    9) Launch BG2EE in your iPad.

Hi thanks for your post as I am nit very computer savy , im trying to apply bg1npc to my unbroken ios 8.4

1. So ive downloaded the file

2. To connect with pc I used the usb cord to my pc which has ifunbox on it but not itunes.

3. Here I was able to select my bg app from which I was given 3 options; sandbox, copy ips file, or delete. I copied ips file but I dont believe that was worth anything as far as I can tell. When selecting sandbox I get a note saying 8.4 no longer allows that access and to get cydia aps2 add on which will allow access on a jailbroken ipad however mine is not. Im wondering before I install itunes to my pc, which im afraid might crash it, will that be the answer for my situation in extracting the baldurapp folder. ??? This is so hard for me, thanks guys

http://appleapple.top/the-developers-ifunbox-found-a-way-to-bypass-the-blocking-of-access-applications-on-ios-8-4/

This a recent article for the changes made using ifunbox on 8.4

I don't exactly understand the computer lingo, maybe one of you guys speak this language
    Method 2 doesn't seem to exactly work that way as of now. The sandbox is blocked, I think either need to install apd2 as an add on to bypass it or use a new itunes method that is mentioned in that last article I posted. Not sure how that works.
    I think you need jailbreak for the aps2 add on to access sandbox
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Holy crap! I got BGNPC Project running on my jailed ipad! I've only tested talking to Imoen right after she meets up with Charname in the forest, but all the text is there! Thanks a million @Pibaro @lunar @subtledoctor @ScottBrooks . I'm still on iOS 7 so ifunbox still works fine. Has anyone tested it in ios9 yet?
    lunar
    procco
    procco said:

Holy crap! I got BGNPC Project running on my jailed ipad! I've only tested talking to Imoen right after she meets up with Charname in the forest, but all the text is there! Thanks a million @Pibaro @lunar @subtledoctor @ScottBrooks . I'm still on iOS 7 so ifunbox still works fine. Has anyone tested it in ios9 yet?

I am soo glad to share the joy. :) with ifunbox and that magical exe file it is very very easy to mod!

procco
    SCS is working correctly too, it looks like. Carbon and Shank both pulled out poisoned weapons and one-hit killed my character. So that's awesome!
    lunar
    Alright! I got IWD NPCs working on the ipad now, too. I have quite a bit of playing to do!
    lunar
    procco said:

Alright! I got IWD NPCs working on the ipad now, too. I have quite a bit of playing to do!

Awesome! :smiley:
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    I played baldurs gate or something like it on ipad once. my fingers weren't made for precision though, and it turned out to be a pain doing anything but the most basic of preparations.

I played baldurs gate or something like it on ipad once. my fingers weren't made for precision though, and it turned out to be a pain doing anything but the most basic of preparations.

@unavailable ever tried those stylus pen thingies for tablets?

JuliusBorisov