Skip to content

[MOD] Reworked reputation

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited July 2021 in BGII:EE Mods
I've never liked how reputation works in BG2.

Heroes are admired, so get discount, but villains should be feared and they should get something too.
Currently, there is no reason to play an evil group with strongly negative reputation.
Evil has only disadvantages. :-(

This little mod changes everything. (Simply copy this files to "override" folder)
With negative reputation, will now rise your respect in the underworld and also the level of how people afraid of you. Simply put, negative reputation will provide the same bonus to *reaction adjustment and same discounts in shops like positive reputation.

*Reaction adjustment = How an NPC reacts. The computer generates a random number between 8 and 12, then adds or subtracts bonuses or penalties from the character's Reputation and Charisma. Negative reactions may mean a quest isn't offered, a NPC turns hostile and positive reactions may lead to a better quest reward and better buying prices in a shop, for example.
Post edited by Edvin on
trinitT2av

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    thanks! i will put it to test when i get the chance :)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    You can also check BG2 Tweaks which has a component for that.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Thank you very much (Android user here)
    Musigny said:

You can also check BG2 Tweaks which has a component for that.

Bg2 isn't Android friendly unless you know exactly what will work and won't work.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Updated version.
    Negative reputation now gives the same bonus to reaction adjustment as positive reputation.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Edvin said:

*Reaction adjustment = How an NPC reacts. The computer generates a random number between 8 and 12, then adds or subtracts bonuses or penalties from the character's Reputation and Charisma. Negative reactions may mean a quest isn't offered, a NPC turns hostile and positive reactions may lead to a better quest reward and better buying prices in a shop, for example.

In BG1/BG2, the random number between 8 and 12 is always 10. :smile:
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    I downloaded the file, but I can't extract it, I keep getting an error.
    Edvin said:

I've never liked how reputation works in BG2.

Heroes are admired, so get discount, but villains should be feared and they should get something too.
    Currently, there is no reason to play an evil group with strongly negative reputation.
    Evil has only disadvantages. :-(

This little mod changes everything. (Simply copy this files to "override" folder)
    With negative reputation, will now rise your respect in the underworld and also the level of how people afraid of you. Simply put, negative reputation will provide the same bonus to *reaction adjustment and same discounts in shops like positive reputation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/307nuta5o8t5bfl/Mod - Reputation.zip?dl=0

Your new update is a little wonky. I'm at 10 reputation, chaotic neutral. The first release did not have this problem,only since the update
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    That is an expensive scroll case! :smile:
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited September 2015
    @T2av
    Do you have installed more mods that affect price or reputation?
    (Like BG2 Tweaks)
    Post edited by Edvin on
  • GoreGore Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if this mod still works and if it does, does it work for Baldur's Gate 1 Enhance Edition? Thank you!