Skip to content

When may I pre-order SoD?

I'm just curious. Is there any news about a date? And is a price-point still being discussed?

Sorry for sounding like everyone else, I'm sure. I really don't have time to sift through the forum too often because of my schoolwork.

And I *DO NOT* want to miss the pre-order. XD

GrammarsaladCrevsDaakCalmar

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2015
    1130210 said:

I'm just curious. Is there any news about a date? And is a price-point still being discussed?

Sorry for sounding like everyone else, I'm sure. I really don't have time to sift through the forum too often because of my schoolwork.

And I *DO NOT* want to miss the pre-order. XD

Have you stopped beating your wife? :)

As far as I know, there is not confirmation that there will be a pre-order, unfortunately...
    1130210CrevsDaak
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited August 2015
    The current price that is rumored is around $20 USD (although $19.98 has been brought up as a nod to the year BG came out). As for a date, all we know is "when it is ready."

As with their previous games they are likely to start pre-oreders when the game goes into beta. That way the beta testers can pay for the game before testing.
    JuliusBorisov1130210CrevsDaak
  • GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    Alas! I've played the merry hell out of BG1 and the Black Pits.
    I've single player'd, ran a multiplayer 6xparty, roleplayed it, powergamed it.
    I'm ready to move on.

(although i'm not sure whether to use my BG1 charname with the equipment/pantaloons, or the Black Pit one with the higher XP)

I'm ripe and ready for BG2... My card details are burning a hole in my hand...
    But if this expansion fits between them then I....have....to.....do....it....in.....order.....
    PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE release this soon, or I may *polymorphself* #explodingchicken
    1130210JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakFaydark
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    @Grammarsalad Actually the woman beats me! Lol, I think it's because I play too much Baldur's Gate though.
    GrammarsaladCrevsDaakjackjack
    1130210 said:

@Grammarsalad Actually the woman beats me! Lol, I think it's because I play too much Baldur's Gate though.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean!
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    i don't understand , why after all this time they can't even tell us what are they doing ? estimated ship date?
    CrevsDaakUlfgar_Torunn
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    wojtek said:

i don't understand , why after all this time they can't even tell us what are they doing ? estimated ship date?

They have to QA two games + the expansion that they are attempting to release. They're gonna want all three patched and bug free before promising anything.
    cmk24JuliusBorisov1130210CrevsDaak
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited September 2015
    wojtek said:

With no deadline, people are just anxious/curious for news and after a while perhaps get a little angry. With a stated deadline, people get upset when that deadline isn't met. They've learned from previous tries.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Ship dates cause buggy releases. Be glad SoD doesn't have one.
    CrevsDaakSereverusjackjack
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    @Dee I think that above all I want the game to not be buggy.
    so what for was the announcement? why you announce game, which was almost two months ago, and then say absolutely nothing? just big silence
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    wojtek said:

so what for was the announcement? why you announce game, which was almost two months ago, and then say absolutely nothing? just big silence

The expansion is coming. They past the do not shelve date.
    They want to generate hype and maybe push some more BG:ee sales as you can not play the expansion without it.
    As I said above, since it takes part between 1 and 2, anything they change needs to be changed for both games.
    They are far from silent as the updates to the All You Wanted To Know thread shows.
    Patience.
    wojtekJuliusBorisovAvenger_teambg
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    wojtek said:

so what for was the announcement?

THE HYPE! Ohh, how hyped I was when heard Jim Cumming's voice again!

After watching the trailer I'm still: "I want to taste it!"
    Grammarsalad
    yes but that only gave us a sweet taste of something yummy , and now , now there is nothing to eat
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @wojtek: No offense intended, but maybe you should find something meaningful to do in the meantime? As far as I can see, everything the game developers have done so far has been spot on.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    deltago said:

They want to generate hype and maybe push some more BG:ee sales as you can not play the expansion without it.

I mean... if hype's the goal, they're not doing a great job: nobody's talking about this. Not Kotaku, not io9, not RPS, not Destructoid, not The Escapist. Hell, even the WOTC website has Sword Coast Legends on the front page. Not a word of follow-up after the official announcement.
    wojtek
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    shawne said:

deltago said:

I mean... if hype's the goal, they're not doing a great job: nobody's talking about this. Not Kotaku, not io9, not RPS, not Destructoid, not The Escapist. Hell, even the WOTC website has Sword Coast Legends on the front page. Not a word of follow-up after the official announcement.
    That's simply not true. There're a lot of sites and forums with discussions about SoD.

http://www.sorcerers.net/ even have a special poll on their site: On a scale of 1-5, how excited about the announcement of Siege of Dragonspear (by Beamdog) are you?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/beamdog-announce-baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-with-chris-avellone-onboard.101204/ with 290 comments

Even https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/2303-baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear/

Maybe the SoD coverage is not huge (as for popular games) but it is still there and the hype among the BG fans is increasing.
    MoradinKurumi

@wojtek: No offense intended, but maybe you should find something meaningful to do in the meantime? As far as I can see, everything the game developers have done so far has been spot on.

i have something meaningful to do thanks for your advice, i am talking about my favorite game, that's why i am curious to know more about it, maybe you don't get it because you don't feel the same way
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited September 2015
    bengoshi said:

That's simply not true. There're a lot of sites and forums with discussions about SoD.

Forum posts aren't coverage. You really don't want RPGCodex's stance on Beamdog in general and the EEs in particular to be public knowledge, or to be perceived as the official position of a gaming news outlet.
    People are talking, this is the main thing. It creates waves and waves, even if the source of the talking is negative.

Also, don't underestimate this forum. I know there're a lot of new users who have come here only because they've heard about SoD and/or watched the trailer. The new members area shows that it is the thing.

This forum is live and more and more forumites are joining it. It's a proof that the news of SoD is spreading.

I know a lot of russian sites that more or less connected to BG and RPG games in general where the progress of SoD is being monitored and this site serves them as a coverage.

The "facts thread" has 11.4K views, it's a lot - a thread about Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition patch 1.4 got only 11.1k views up until now.
    GrammarsaladKurumi
    Ahh, what is that expression, 'all publicity is good publicity'?
    JuliusBorisov
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    edited September 2015
    shawne said:

I mean... if hype's the goal, they're not doing a great job: nobody's talking about this.

I'm talking about it! All the time! Admittedly, its almost always to myself, in half hysterical outbursts that other's might mistake for insane ramblings. But I can't help it. I'm excited!

JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
    @Avenger_teambg sounds great ! thanks ! but are you close to announce release date ?
    CrevsDaak
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    Well i check this thread way to much, it would make me happy to just pre-order it and give my mind a rest knowing i have reserved a copy and have got as forum badge :) . Completely irrational i know.
    wojtekDanathionGrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173

Well i check this thread way to much, it would make me happy to just pre-order it and give my mind a rest knowing i have reserved a copy and have got a forum badge :) . Completely irrational i know.

Same here, I really don't mind pre-ordering now and waiting however long it takes to be ready. If Beamdog getting some money now means the possibility of even more content and certainly more polish, then *please* let us pre-order *soon*! ;)
    GrammarsaladJuliusBorisov