Skip to content

Help me with my evil

I'm looking to make an evil play through, actually 2 of them. But I'm kinda stuck when it comes to my party.

I'm kinda a paladin lover, so playing the opposite seems fitting. That leaves me with the following:

Blackguard PC
Xzar
Monty
Edwin
Viconia
Dorn or Kagain

In particular here, I'm torn between Dorn or Kagain, offense v defense. Now, I will be a 2h sword using blackguard (and prolly spears). That said I could also take both if I dual xzar to cleric. Kinda stuck on this party cause I'm not sure about evil thieves. Also wondering about bealoth in the party.

Of course my second party (arguably better for bg1 but suffers in bg2):
Assassin
Kagain
Dorn
Viccy
Edwin
Bealoth

My only issue with this character is that it overlaps with hexxat in bg2.

Anyway, just looking for a sounding board, really interested in the thought of a skelly/summon happy evil party for once

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I had a really great run-through with:

Evil Blade Charname
    Dorn
    Kagain
    Shar-teel (dual-classed to Thief)
    Viconia
    Edwin

With Korgan and Hexxat subbing in for Kagain and Shar-Teel in BG2.

It felt incredibly balanced and possibly too powerful.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2015
    Kagain, 19 STR, 18 DEX, 20 CON High Mastery in axes and shorty saves, what more could you want? :wink:

Did i mention that you can pick him up right from the start? :open_mouth:
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    You can drop Montaron and Xzar, and dual-class Shar-Teel to thief (she doesn't need tomes for it, and she'll make an excellent backstabber) while using Baeloth as your second caster.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2015
    Kagain is one of the most over the top fighters in my opinion. As SionIV said, he's Korgan on crack and I've seen him make mince meat of a great many things he really had no right too. :P

That said, I had a pretty awesome play through with my evil Assassin, Dorn, Kagain, Viconia and Edwin. I didn't need any others and the extra XP and loot was handy for the remaining members of the party in my case. Sometimes people forget six members isn't required. Five can do the trick just fine and be a lot of fun! :)
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I've considered Shar-teel as well. I'd heard that Monty and Xzar are a riot to run through the game with, only reason I was considering doing that.

So I guess: Blackguard, Kagain, Shar-teel, Viccy, Edwin, Baeloth will be my party, and I guess I'll run Xzar and Monty till I get Bael.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    My evil party BG 1

Chaotic evil wild mage...
    Sexy Viconia
    Crazy Shar-teel
    Lovaly safana (sorry sis not this time)
    Annoying ass baeloth...

I had quite a bit of fun with this character it helped that I was purposely attempting to create wild surges.

Bg2 chaotic evil party

Willdmage
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Imeon

I only ran 5 people until ToB which I added Sarevok.. Wild surge syndrome anyone?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

My evil party BG 1

Sexy Viconia
    Crazy Shar-teel
    Annoying ass baeloth...

One mistake. Sexy crazy lovely badass Baeloth.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    bengoshi said:

My evil party BG 1

Sexy Viconia
    Crazy Shar-teel
    Annoying ass baeloth...

One mistake. Sexy crazy lovely badass Baeloth.
    That sounds like it belongs in a tv gameshow category, things you'll never hear DK say for 500!

Also to the OP. It also helps if you developed an evil laugh!

My current evil play through of bg1, not I'm only doing this run to romance Shar-teel since I'm using BG project. Unfortunately I've learned that the mod doesn't add any extra interactions to bgee npc.

CN invoker... I was debating between necromancer and invoker, which would bring more to the RP table... Neither honestly, but at least in bg1 with an invoker I can feel like a nuker, so yea.

Dorn because after a fireball, someone has to play cleanup.

Viconia- for obvious reasons.

Imeon- because I'm CN, doesn't mean I don't care for my little sister, it just means I won't fireball her in the face.

Shar-teel- because who doesn't want a man hating abusive relationship? I mean damn, if you don't like Viconia, do not romance this one.

Faldorn: because I was freaking bored, I'm still in chapter two, and I came across her in cloak wood but never uses her in the past. I'm debating whether to keep her, just run with 5 people, or go get Baeloth... Maybe...highly unlikely. I could swallow my sorcerer's pride and go get Edwin since I always refuse to use him.

But, I could start over and play an evil party with just baeloth, Edwin, and a Sorcerer npc!!! Wait, then I'd have start Shar-teel's romance all over again.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited August 2015
    I personnally prefer your second party. I would say you are not in conflict with Hexxat, because I like to have two rogues in my party. However I would go with shadowdancer, then Hexxat would have traps which is the one thing Shadowdancers don't have. Make your rogue a female for extra ''synergy'' with her. I think it's better to have 2 rogues rather than 2 blackguards. In BG1 i would just have fun and switch between whichever party members you fancy. In BG2 with Korgan and Dorn, that's plenty of muscle power, with you and Hexxat being sneaky and Vic and Edwin being magicky. Maybe replace Korgan with Haer'dalis if you rather have someone to sing about how awesome you are.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Why not a blade?

Dorn's quest gives you elven chain, perfect for fighting and casting spells.
    Chaotic neutral bards just seem right.
    Offensive and defensive spin give you a tank/mini kensai.
    @Grum

The reason for not running a blade in this party, is because I'm running a blade with the Canon party. In particular, what my blade does and her actions in hell, are going to turn her from NG or NE. But I'm trying to make it feel like a natural adjustment, kinda regretfully giving into her heritage.

My blade also kinda plays a little with everyone, so Dorn might very well show up by ToB, as a main party character. I'm saving most of his BGEE questline though so I can get the Elven Chain in BGEE.
    @Grum
    I am considering blade again, since I'm not certain that I'll continue with my current canon party blade. Especially since I'm having to split longswords between myself and Khalid.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Seriously, you are talking about an evil playthrough and NOT using Tiax? :smiley: Tiax is a thief and a cleric, and IMHO, you don't even need any more cleric than that for BG1 (I think Viccy is a rather boring and bland NPC in BG1).

Just go crazy and smash things to pieces with CHARNAME, Dorn, Kagain, Shar, Tiax and whatever arcane user you prefer, Edwin or Baeloth.
    @Skatan

Tiax has a few things against him.

1. He's a gnome, but he's not in a garden
    2. Viccy is joinable in BG2 but Tiax is not
    3. Cyric kinda wants Bhaal's old portfolio
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

@Skatan

Tiax has a few things against him.

1. He's a gnome, but he's not in a garden
    2. Viccy is joinable in BG2 but Tiax is not
    3. Cyric kinda wants Bhaal's old portfolio

1: Tiax would tear out your soul and plant it in his future "Chateau Tiax"'s garden for that comment! He just need to conquer the world first, build himself a chateau and hire a gardener first.
    2: Hard to argue against that fact, but lets see if SoD increase the love for Tiax for ppl who want continuity in their NPC's. I pray to all the gods of the pantheon that he's included and that his fate is explained.
    3: Tomato/tomaato :wink: