Skip to content

OSX: Launcher not launching BG:EE

WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
Problem: When I open the launcher, it tells me that everything is up-to-date, and gives me a "Launch" button. Clicking the button, though, does not launch the game.

Context: This is for BG:EE on OS X, dowloaded from Beamdog's website. The game worked for a long time previously. Problem arose when I decided to install the SCS mod - install never worked (I think because my hard drive is formatted for a case-sensitive file system). I trashed the modded "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition" folder from Applications and downloaded it fresh from the Beamdog website. That is where this problem began.

Any quick ideas of what might be wrong?

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited September 2015
    Perhaps the failed SCS installaton causes this. You can try to repair your installation:

1. Start the BG:ee launcher
    2. Left-Click on "Baldur's Gate Launcher" (upper left corner) and
    3. Select "Repair install"
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    Thanks, I already tried this approach but it didn't help.

I believe you are correct that the failed SCS install caused my problems. That is why I trashed the entire folder from my Applications folder, which should have eliminated anything that was touched during SCS install. Afterward, I downloaded the installer again from Beamdog and ran it to download all new game files. That was no help, though.

If I knew where they were hidden, I'd be willing to go through my file system and trash all the hidden folders that may persist even when the game's folder is trashed. But I don't know where everything related to BG:EE lives on my system.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Have a look at the spoilers mentioned in this post
    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/644525/#Comment_644525