Skip to content

[Mod] game crashes when entering the docks in Baldur's Gate

NightWardenNightWarden Member Posts: 62
edited September 2015 in Troubleshooting
Hi. I'm having a problem where the game crashes whenever I attempt to enter the docks area in Baldur's Gate. So far I haven't had trouble entering any other location, and the game seems to be operating correctly otherwise. I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

I'm playing BGEE (version 1.3.2053) on a Windows Vista 64 bit system. My processor is an Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz, using 4GB of ram and the Intel G45/G43 express chipset.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Your save works fine entering the docks on an unmodded install. It is likely to be a mod issue, and the way to determine this is to start with an unmodded install then add mods one at a time to see where the issue arises.
    JuliusBorisovNightWarden
  • NightWardenNightWarden Member Posts: 62
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    Your save works fine entering the docks on an unmodded install. It is likely to be a mod issue, and the way to determine this is to start with an unmodded install then add mods one at a time to see where the issue arises.

Thanks for taking time to investigate for me.

Given the number of mods I've installed, the idea of trying each individual one until I find the culprit seems rather daunting (and time consuming). Do you know of any way for me to move directly from Candlekeep to the docks without first having to explore/traverse the map spaces in between?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0300")
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited September 2015
    Yes, you can use the console as described in the FAQ link below. Paste this command in once enabled.

C:MoveToArea("AR1200")

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29678/about-this-forum-troubleshooting-faq

Alternately, your save should be OK to test with - that's all I did.
    JuliusBorisovNightWarden
    edited September 2015
    @Gate70 @smeagolheart
    Thanks for the help.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    If you made backups during the installation, you can use them to locate if it's the first half or second half (otherwise make a back up of that kind next time you make a big install). I had the same kind of thing happen with Vampire Tales before so my guess would be a bugged npc from a mod, maybe check those first?
    Gate70

If you made backups during the installation, you can use them to locate if it's the first half or second half (otherwise make a back up of that kind next time you make a big install). I had the same kind of thing happen with Vampire Tales before so my guess would be a bugged npc from a mod, maybe check those first?

Thanks for the suggestion. Anything that will save me time is welcome.