Skip to content

BG EE options

Heya,
So in the original BG, i have the ability to change resolution, adjust max frames ( game speed), increase the cache size, texture quality 16, 24 or 32 bit.

I do not see any such options here. I never played BG on max resolution since it is too big for me.

Can someone redirect me or show me how to change those settings.
Thanks,
Sew

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @SewerusV The EE versions will automatically default to your desktop resolution. The UI will scale no matter what resolution you use. Also the EE can zoom the main game screen so you can set a size that you feel comfortable with.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I know for sure max frames can be changed in the .ini in your documents/bgee folder, ctrl F frames and change it to 60 if you want to double speed. I can only guess that the other things can be changed from the same .ini.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    You can also set the game to windowed mode then modify the ini file to have the desired size e.g.
    "window", "x", "640", "window", "y", "480",

If you find the exe (e.g. from the Beamdog launcher right-click the game line and select "open game location") you can then go into the game folder (e.g. 766 for BGEE) and right-click the baldur.exe then look at the compatibility tab. There should be options to run in lower colour modes and also in 640x480, although the colour settings look somewhat restricted.

Alternately your graphics card drivers may provide colour depth options.