Skip to content

Blackrazor Question (Spoilers)

I have a question about the Longsword Blackrazor.

Is there a way of getting blackrazor without turning evil? I really wanna get the weapon for my blade, but if there isn't a way to get it and stay NG, then I'll prolly just go scimitar in BGEE and Katana in BG2EE.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    besides just consoling it in?
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Yes, I know you could pickpocket the tear off the genie in the original BG2. I wasn't sure if that changed in the EE
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    In EE the genie has the tear equipped as armor, so you can't pickpocket it.
    @joluv

Damnit, I'll have to get it on my assassin or blackguard run most likely :(
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    why not have your blade go to the dark side?
    I've considered going evil for it, even though I'd go good for most of the rest of my trials. I'm just not sure killing the Djinn would fit my character.

The larger issue around it, is that I have a problem. Gonna run the canon party, where a bard fits really well. But Khalid uses Longswords, and if I use longswords as well, then I'm not spreading the loot out as efficiently as I could.

Alternatively, I could use scimitars, since jaheria and clubs are just as good in BGEE. Dunno, maybe I'll just go longsword anyway.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Level 16 Blade has 6 pips so can probably take all the proficiences anyway and just decide when you get there how much you want the sword.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Haven't tested it...but could you time it so that you can give the tear, cast timestop, and kill the genie before it leaves?
  • sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
    Don't think it works like that sadly. I've never heard of any way to legitimately acquire Blackrazor without becoming evil.

Just console spawn it in the game if you want it, or go into EEKeeper and adjust your alignment after. But as far as I know there's no good way to get it from an RP perspective.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    If you console alignment I'd move your alignment one down from where you were. Such as lawful good becoming neutral good and neutral good becoming chaotic good. That way there is still a price to pay.