Skip to content

One real mystery yet to be explained...

I know they won't do that, but there's one thing that kinda bugged me between BG I and BG II: why the charname's male default voice changes so much.

I know they probably lost access to the actor who did the main male voice in BG I. Or they were unhappy with his work. But I felt strange, after getting used with hours and hours of gameplay with that voice, to hear something different from that on BG II.

Probably Beamdog won't bother doing that, since it's such a minor thing. But it would be fun if they came with an explanation on why the character's voice changed - even if it's a silly one...

Cheers!

MadHab

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I hadn't even noticed that :)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I don't think that they did get rid of that guy. Male voice 2 in BG2 sounds just like BG1's default male voice.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    Unhappy with his work? I hope not, that voice was classic.
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    Onward!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I feel that this is my rightful place!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited August 2015
    Double Post Grrr...
    Post edited by Vasculio on
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    The BG default male voice has always been my favourite voice set! Until playing bgee though I didn't realise that its the same voice actor who did Coran's lines. Pity if Coran isn't returning in SoD, the actor could have fleshed out the voice set to add it to BG2.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Tha reminds me.. Does anyone know who the voice actor of Male 5 is? (BG:EE)
    It sounds familiar but I can't pinpoint it.. And I somehow can't find any voiceactor of the PC voices =/
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Arcanis said:

Tha reminds me.. Does anyone know who the voice actor of Male 5 is? (BG:EE)
    It sounds familiar but I can't pinpoint it.. And I somehow can't find any voiceactor of the PC voices =/

@Arcanis:

Maybe he reminds you a bit Baeloth and a bit Rasaad? Because... it's Mark Meer!
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    ..You would think I would recognise his voice by now... (I also listen to a radioshow which he is in,
    the irrellevant show, pretty amusing =P)

Anyways, thanks!
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Arcanis said:

..You would think I would recognise his voice by now... (I also listen to a radioshow which he is in,
    the irrellevant show, pretty amusing =P)

Anyways, thanks!

Nothing to be ashamed of! He has an incredible range of voices. Look him up on Wikipedia if you get a chance, I had no idea that he had done voice work in just about every Bioware game to date, going all the way back to Baldurs Gate II!
  • RussellRussell Member Posts: 8
    Puberty's a bitch. Mystery solved.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Leaving it unchanged would be a waste of their talents.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I miss the "Toym fer a bit o' the rough and tumble!" guy.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Is there a way to port the BG voices to BG2 and vice versa? (In EE)