Skip to content

Dorn's encounter before talking to Dorn

SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
Hello,

In my current run my charname (Tiax CHARNAME) decided that two half-elves was not suited for his run to rule the world, so he skipped friendly arms inn and went south instead with his two new best buddies Monty and Xzar. After some time around Beregost the gentle chaps went down to Nashkel mines and the scene which should be where Dorn is introduced as an NPC triggers. The talking is the same, also the "backstabs" of the archers in the back, but no Dorn (since we never encountered or talked to him beforehand). The random thugs are hostile but both the named chars (Seljak and the other one) just stand about with blue circles, waiting for a dialogue with Dorn which never occur since Dorn was not present. So I killed them both, looted their dead bodies and went my merry way. Out of curiousity I went back up north and talked to Dorn but he just gave me the standard "get out of my face or die"-talk.

So now I wonder if that blocks any further progression with Dorn as potential NPC. I've actually never encountered this before since I usually do visit FAI before going south. I've googled a little but haven't found another thread about his.

I hadn't planned to use him anyways, but I'm curious on this bug since I haven't seen it before. I've also managed to save over and the most recent save before the encounter and don't really feel like rolling back a few hours of game play just to replay the encounter for a possible correction. I guess I could ctrl-Q him into the team, but don't want to do that. Tiax doesn't like huge, half-orc meatsacks in his team.

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Sounds like a bug, now that you've spoken to him you could go back to the area that you encounter him and see what happens.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Wowo said:

Sounds like a bug, now that you've spoken to him you could go back to the area that you encounter him and see what happens.

I did move back and forth between Nashkel mines and encountered the area again. It's empty. It must be a bug then.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Sounds like Dorn took the initiative to me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Running any mods?
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    Maybe he is still in the FAI!! :smile:
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited September 2015
    @elminster, yes but very few. I've tweaked druid level progression and a few other, minor things but no huge tweak packs/NPC mods or anything of the sorts.

@Mirage, yes. As I write in the op, he's still in FAI, grumpy and untalkative as always.
  • Make present Dorn kill past Dorn so he can never become present Dorn and kill past Dorn.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited September 2015
    @Adso tried that with Rasaad but it didn't work.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38595/two-rasaads