Skip to content

BG2EE - Stuck in Slayer Dream. Please help!

I am really hoping someone can help me with my problem. I am stuck in the Slayer dream where Imoen turns into the Slayer and kills the party and then the dream transitions to the next scene where she counts down as you (in Slayer form) kill Sarevok, Bodhi, and Irenicus. My problem is after you kill Imoen the Slayer just stands there and the dream sequence never ends. I have read on other posts the Imoen is supposed to appear and back-stab the Slayer and say "five" but that never happens; the Slayer just stands and I cannot do anything except reboot the game. I have both the android and Windows version and the same thing is happening when I use my saved game in either application. I am on version 1.3 on both. I have not installed any mods but I did use EE Keeper to boost my characters stats a little because I wanted to play a solo run.

I have tried sleeping before exiting spellhold, not sleeping in spellhold, entering the dream as a solo player or with a party, nothing seems to work.

I did not see a bug reported for this so but I'm hoping someone here has experienced this before and can tell me how to get past it. Not sure I can go the rest of the game without resting. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fifthlakefifthlake Member Posts: 6
    Here is what my screen looks like when the games just "hangs" forever
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @fifthlake
    Do you have any auto-pause settings enabled?

(& moved to BGII:EE bugs sub-forum)
    JuliusBorisov
    Hi Gate70, I do not have any of those setting enabled.
    OK, could you zip and attach a save please.
    Thanks
    Here is a copy of my quick save folder. I have moved on to Underdark, I just have not rested.
    edited October 2015
    It works with all equipment removed, save attached with items in the bag of holding or you should be able to do the same. From what I can see it may have something to do with being in drow form but that doesn't explain your earlier freezes. Removing items to reduce the number of attacks, damage and bonus damage seems to help but I need to dig further.
    JuliusBorisov
    thank you so much! I will try. I could have swore I tried that as well but maybe I didn't remove everything.
    yep, removing items has worked with a previous save just after exiting asylum. Thanks for all your help.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Bringing some more details concerning this bug, it appears to happen if Imoen get chunked when you attack her during this dream and is not related anyhow to equipment you have. It occurs rather rarely and trying it again once (or very rarely twice) will allow you to progress with no problem.