Skip to content

#17023 Seeking Sword should not provide incorrect Weapon Style Bonuses when dual-wielding

TheSkrinTheSkrin Member Posts: 11
edited October 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Activating the Seeking Sword and equiping a secondary weapon allows the Priest of Helm to receive the benefits of Master Two Weapon Style and Single Weapon Style simultaneously. This should not happen. It's expected that the Priest can only ever benefit from one proficiency in Two Weapon Style, and the Single Weapon benefit should never be active while the Priest is dual-wielding.

This problem occurred regardless of which secondary weapon I used, but the class functioned normally if I equipped a shield instead (i.e. I got the Sword and Shield benefit only).
Post edited by Gate70 on
hook71

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    It's taken me a little while to work out how you may have come to this conclusion so would appreciate confirmation.

If Single-Weapon Style has been taken, AC drops by 1 when dual-wielding with Seeking Sword. AC does not drop by 1 if Single-Weapon Style has not been taken.

Main / Off Hand THAC0 are the same whether Two-Weapon Style has been taken or not. However, the Main Hand and Off Hand attack modifiers are removed as if Two-Weapon Style Mastery is active.
    Thanks
  • TheSkrinTheSkrin Member Posts: 11
    Are you saying it's intentional for Seeking Sword to allow two-weapon fighting with no THACO penalty at all? And to, at the same time, give you the -1 AC and +1 Critical Hit if you took the Single Weapon proficiency?
    edited October 2015
    I'm asking for confirmation of what screens/values you used to determine the causes, so I can report the symptoms accurately.

i.e. from the Record or Inventory screen or elsewhere, what values did you use to work out what the causes were.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • TheSkrinTheSkrin Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2015
    Oh, I see. I've uploaded the inventory and record screens, which show the values I've referred to while the ability is active. This is a newly created character in TOB that I boosted to lvl 40 with the console and gave him every proficiency available to a priest.

EDIT: -3 is the THACO he has in his main hand regardless of whether or not he's dual-wielding with the Sword.
    Tagged
    Thanks
    hook71JuliusBorisov