Skip to content

EE Keeper to make barb/druid multi

Hello all,

I'm starting a second playthrough of BG-EE, and want to recreate my favorite, old-school, pen and paper DnD character, a barbarian/druid half-orc (the late, great, Tchingin Seteg Torombataar). I have EE Keeper and can make minor changes easily enough, but don't see how to make my barb (now level 4) go multi. Any help?

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure you can't make a single class into a multi in 'Keeper. From what I've read here, the best way is to make a character that's as close as possible, then make the changes. So, maybe start as a half-elf fighter/druid, then use keeper to change to barb and half orc. You'd also have to fiddle with abilities and such, because those changes won't get made automatically.
  • thebadsleepwellthebadsleepwell Member Posts: 6
    I see. What about dual classing? (I know half-orcs aren't supposed to be able to, but I don't really care.) I see a button for dual class, but it didn't seem to change anything when I clicked it and set druid as the other class.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited October 2015
    You might want to check out the upcoming mod Faiths and Powers by @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad as it might have something close to what you're looking for. "Mod" seems like an understatement, more like an overhaul
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It should be possible to change your Half-Orc into a Barbarian/Druid multi-class character, since the Barbarian is technically a Fighter kit. I have only little experience with EE Keeper, but maybe @Troodon80 can help you out.
    Troodon80
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Troodon80
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @subtledoctor is correct. It's not going to be doable using Keeper out of the box. You will need a mod to begin with (what mod you pick is entirely up to you). After that, it should be easy to change.
    Thanks for the help. Question: What mod does this for BG1EE? And do I have to restart the game? Or is it possible to do this with my existing barb (who's level 4 and I've become attached to).

Appreciate the advice!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks a lot.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited October 2015
    The question has been answered, but I can concur on @subtledoctor 's way of doing it. I've done it with a dwarf barbarian/cleric (innate DR+AoF ftw!) which tecnically is done the same way as your halforc barb/druid.

(misspelled bard/druid first, hehe.. now that would have been a killer multiclass!)
    I will look around on the BG2Tweeks website, but do you know if it works with the Android version of the game?

Barb/druid is a great and very flavorful multiclass. Many fun nights tearing it up back in my pen and paper days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on