Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

EE Keeper to make barb/druid multi

Hello all,

I'm starting a second playthrough of BG-EE, and want to recreate my favorite, old-school, pen and paper DnD character, a barbarian/druid half-orc (the late, great, Tchingin Seteg Torombataar). I have EE Keeper and can make minor changes easily enough, but don't see how to make my barb (now level 4) go multi. Any help?

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,525
    I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure you can't make a single class into a multi in 'Keeper. From what I've read here, the best way is to make a character that's as close as possible, then make the changes. So, maybe start as a half-elf fighter/druid, then use keeper to change to barb and half orc. You'd also have to fiddle with abilities and such, because those changes won't get made automatically.

• thebadsleepwellthebadsleepwell Member Posts: 6
    I see. What about dual classing? (I know half-orcs aren't supposed to be able to, but I don't really care.) I see a button for dual class, but it didn't seem to change anything when I clicked it and set druid as the other class.

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 817
    edited October 2015
    You might want to check out the upcoming mod Faiths and Powers by @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad as it might have something close to what you're looking for. "Mod" seems like an understatement, more like an overhaul

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,667
    It should be possible to change your Half-Orc into a Barbarian/Druid multi-class character, since the Barbarian is technically a Fighter kit. I have only little experience with EE Keeper, but maybe @Troodon80 can help you out.

Troodon80
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 10,103
    You actually don't need my mod for this. You need:

1) the mod that allows "expanded dual-class combinations" - I think it's part of BG2Tweaks. It allows barbarians and wild mages to dual-class (not multiclass though, since those are kits and you cannot multiclass with kits)

2) the mod that allows humans to multiclass and demihumans to dual-class. Also part of BG2Tweaks.

Then you have two options:

a) Roll a half-orc barbarian, play that class as long as you like, then dual to druid. Now you have a dualled barbarian-druid!

b) Roll a half-orc multiclass fighter/druid, start playing, save the game, the quit and edit the savegame with EEKeeper. Give yourself the Barbarian kit. Now you have a multiclass barbarian/druid!

That's all possible with BG2Tweaks because fighter/druid is already legal, and under the hood, Barbarian is just a fighter kit. My mod will simulate more exotic stuff like druid/mage, druid/thief, and druid/ranger.

Troodon80
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @subtledoctor is correct. It's not going to be doable using Keeper out of the box. You will need a mod to begin with (what mod you pick is entirely up to you). After that, it should be easy to change.

Thanks for the help. Question: What mod does this for BG1EE? And do I have to restart the game? Or is it possible to do this with my existing barb (who's level 4 and I've become attached to).

Appreciate the advice!

Like I said, BG2Tweaks:
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

(It works for BGEE)

There are a ton of components to wade through, but you want to look for "Expanded Dual-Class Options" and "Alter Multiclass Restrictions" and "Alter Dual-Class Restrictions." They are all within the "Rule Changes" category.

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 3,841
    edited October 2015
    The question has been answered, but I can concur on @subtledoctor 's way of doing it. I've done it with a dwarf barbarian/cleric (innate DR+AoF ftw!) which tecnically is done the same way as your halforc barb/druid.

(misspelled bard/druid first, hehe.. now that would have been a killer multiclass!)

I will look around on the BG2Tweeks website, but do you know if it works with the Android version of the game?

Barb/druid is a great and very flavorful multiclass. Many fun nights tearing it up back in my pen and paper days.

edited October 2015
    I don't know anything about the Android game, but BG2Tweaks is a Weidu mod. I *think* you could run Weidu mods on the desktop game, and then just copy the dialog.tlk file and the override folder to the appropriate places in the tablet file system. At least, that's what I'm trying right now on my (jailbroken) iPad. We'll see later tonight if it works.

EDIT - yup, that worked perfectly. So if you have both the desktop and mobile versions of the game, you can just mod the desktop version, and copy the /lang and /override folders over to the mobile game. If you only have the mobile game, you'll need to copy the whole game to your desktop, mod it, then copy it all back to your tablet.

Post edited by subtledoctor on