Skip to content

Cheapest death ever

Playing IWD2. Right at the spot where my heroes are standing in the picture i've got he biggest WTH ever. Suddenly and out of nowhere an explosive barrel materialized from another dimension, an orc immediately shoot it and the barrel blew half of my company up. This game sure got style.
Spjuv3rnsemiticgoddess[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovMoradin

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Damn this makes me want to play iwd2.
    semiticgoddessNimranJuliusBorisovMoradin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I love those moments. Some of my best BG/BG2/IWD2 memories were ones that I died in.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Ah, the joys of Orc Runners--they will run up to you, drop an exploding keg, then run away so that the Orc Firestarters can shoot it with a flaming arrow. I have to admit those are decent tactics; the best advice I have is use Hold Person on either orc to put a stop to their shenanigans. Incidentally, the Runners are all equipped with boots of speed that set their movement rate to 13; those boots are not droppable so you can't loot them. Is that the game cheating you a little? Of course it is.

The kegs have a very short fuse and do 2d6 fire with a reflex save for half damage.
    ineth
  • Artas1984Artas1984 Member Posts: 49
    Now i've noticed that those were the orcs. I did not notice it before, because when they start running they don't have the "barrel animation", so i though the barrel just dropped from nowhere.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Make a request for IWD2:EE (if it ever happens) - make it look like the Orc Runner is actually carrying a barrel!
    semiticgoddess
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited November 2015
    They could probably put in a walking barrel animation, with a barrel that moves, as though the orc runners are carrying it MGS-style. Maybe add a '!' and a tone when your character's spot him.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    They're not barrels; they're kegs!
    NimranMoradin
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Artas1984 said:

Now i've noticed that those were the orcs. I did not notice it before, because when they start running they don't have the "barrel animation", so i though the barrel just dropped from nowhere.

Think of it as a temporary buff that was cast on the runners rather than a magic item.
    semiticgoddess