Skip to content

Summons turning hostile complaints

fischsemmelfischsemmel Member Posts: 40
My mordekainen's swords like to go hostile and chase me around (they stay blue circles and respond to my commands for a moment, but then turn back towards me every time) after they get "hit" with my spells, even though of course they aren't taking any damage from them. Then once they are hostile like this, they will follow me through zonelines trying to kill me, despite the fact that they normally cannot pass through zonelines.

Similarly, my planetar will turn on me when even if he simply walks into his own fire storm (which he is, of course, immune to). He got a red circle just now when this happened, and so was totally out of my control and intent on killing me, the neutral good hero with 20 reputation who hadn't actually done anything to him at all, instead of the nasties who were actually attacking him.

Etc.

Are these things bugs? If they are intended, are there mods to change these behaviors? And while we're at it, is there a mod to make "gated" summons not eat all my experience? :)

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't know of any mods to stop this from happening, but I have something of a fix. Download the attached zip file, unzip the spell inside into your override folder, and give it to one of your part members using Near Infinity. The spell is called "Charm." It will charm any creature besides plot-required characters. Use it on a hostile Planetar or a summoned demon and they should be under your control.

It also gives you a 1-second Improved Alacrity effect, so you can cast a spell right afterward if you like, and therefore not lose a round of spellcasting while correcting the bug. The spell can never be disrupted, has long range, hits instantly, and can be cast an unlimited number of times per day, to make sure it doesn't interfere with your normal gameplay. I've set it to bypass invisibility as well. The Planetar might still turn hostile if it gets hit again, but another casting of the Charm spell will fix that.
    JuliusBorisovBillyYankSkatan
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    It is actually incredibly easy to make mordy swords stay loyal to you no matter what. All it requires is a slight tweak to the script that is assigned to the sword's creature file. All I need to do is delete a few lines of script and... it is done. Extract the attached file into your override folder and the swords will no longer turn hostile.
    SkatanJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • fischsemmelfischsemmel Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2015
    Thanks guys.

I'm coping with these things by being more careful with my AE spells when I've got summons out. Planetar works well enough even if I don't have him keeping enemies occupied inside of stacked incendiary clouds+fire storms anyways! And since I'm playing solo, I'll have XP to spare even if my gated creatures eat a lot of it from here on out.

I was just was annoyed with these seemingly goofy mechanics.