Skip to content

Do I come back to Athkalta after...

Hell?
I have some unfinished (LIch) business I want to take care of before I finish the game...

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Once you go to hell there is no way to get back to Athkatla without using the console.
    ButtercheeseJuliusBorisov
  • toxintoxin Member Posts: 57
    Wow good to know, thanks!
    On a related subject, do I get to keep my entire party and gear when I move to TOB? How about The Black Pits?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    You get to keep your party and gear when you transition to ToB. You also get to keep Watcher's Keep exactly as you left it in SoA, so if you have a stash it may be a good idea to move it to Watcher's Keep beforehand. As for the black pits... That is a separate campaign form BG and I think you cannot get your BG party there without using the console. If you do use the console to move your BG party to the Black Pits campaign I think you will lose all your gear.
    JuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Re: Moving your stash to Watcher's Keep - most importantly, don't forget (as I did) all those irritating bits and pieces that are "part of" something or other.
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    dunbar said:

Re: Moving your stash to Watcher's Keep - most importantly, don't forget (as I did) all those irritating bits and pieces that are "part of" something or other.

I had to console them back in. :frowning:
    Thanks for the tips guys!
    While we're on the subject of unfinished business, what's the deal with the bouncer in waukeen's promenade? How do I get past him?
  • I think getting past him is related to Neera's quest.
    TressetJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    toxin said:

Thanks for the tips guys!
    While we're on the subject of unfinished business, what's the deal with the bouncer in waukeen's promenade? How do I get past him?

I think getting past him is related to Neera's quest.

Yes, as @Tad_Has_A_Cold_Olive says, that bouncer is part of Neera's quest. You'd need to find and recruit Neera, then complete the first major phase of her quest (which comes with several related subquests), and then starting the second phase of her quest is when you find out what that bouncer is guarding (and you can then get past him).
    edited November 2015
    I have Neera from the get-go but since I rescued her and initiated the investigation against that Roenall kid nothing happened. On the Dearnise keep front, I paid for the flood repairs (both dam and farms restoration if memory serves) and I don't think a week passed since then (which is usually when a new quest is given there). The Roenall father threatened to attack the keep at some point but nothing ever happened with that as well. Am I missing something? Perhaps my time in the Asylum messed up some timing issue with those quests?
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    I think you're referring to Nalia.
    Ohhh right. My bad!
    But while we're on that subject, is there anything further I can do with the Roenalls (both father and son)?
    toxin said:

But while we're on that subject, is there anything further I can do with the Roenalls (both father and son)?

Yes. You said you've only got as far as the flood repairs, and another week hasn't yet passed since then. Keep playing, there'll be more weekly decisions. The finale is when
    Roenall Sr. does eventually attack the Keep.
    Thanks Gallowglass - I haven't read the spoiler, but I'd like to know - does the finale involves both the investigation against the son and the invasion of the father?

BTW it's pretty weird they designed this quest to end after so many weeks, I've completed practically every other quest in the game and still have to wait on it...
    toxin said:

Thanks Gallowglass - I haven't read the spoiler, but I'd like to know - does the finale involves both the investigation against the son and the invasion of the father?

Not both. But it does involve one of those things.
    toxin said:

BTW it's pretty weird they designed this quest to end after so many weeks, I've completed practically every other quest in the game and still have to wait on it...

Some of the other stronghold quests (i.e. for other protagonist classes) reach their finale much more quickly, but on the other hand this isn't the only one which takes several weeks to play out fully. And there are also some of the NPC personal quests (such as Jaheira's story) which take several weeks to reach a final conclusion, but (obviously) that depends upon who is in your party.
    "Not both. But it does involve one of those things."
    So once I'm done with that one, is there some way to conclude the other?
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Anyone ever murdered both roenalls to see what happens? Probably just incomplete diary entry knowing bg but its like to know.
    toxin said:

This is getting difficult to answer without giving away the content of the spoiler which you've carefully avoided reading.
    edited November 2015
    Understood - I'll wait for the keep mini quests to conclude. Thanks :)
    edited November 2015

toxin said:

This is getting difficult to answer without giving away the content of the spoiler which you've carefully avoided reading.
    OK, so I've killed lord Roenall. What about his son, whom I've accused of slavery and the likes? Is there anything else I can do there, after the authorities agreed to investigate?
    toxin said:

OK, so I've killed lord Roenall. What about his son, whom I've accused of slavery and the likes? Is there anything else I can do there, after the authorities agreed to investigate?

Er ... once Nalia has been returned to you and Isaea has been taken away for investigation by Corgeig Axehand ... then no, that's the end of Isaea's involvement. We can assume that he is (at least!) sacked in disgrace because of the evidence we found, and he's probably in prison (or maybe they've even executed him) for his involvement in slaving ... but the game doesn't specifically tell us what happened to him, he's simply never seen again. So it sounds to me like you've now fully completed Nalia's story.
    edited November 2015
    Understood, thanks for all your help!
    Having destroyed those pesky liches for the famed ring of Gaxx, I guess it's time for me to go to hell :)
    Gallowglass