Skip to content

Full Plate Mail dropped by a goblin?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The likelihood of it happening is very, very low. But it can happen.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Full plate wearing goblins are normal as girdle wearing ogres. Or pantaloon wearing kobolds for that matter. Even goblinoids, reptilian humanoids, giants and other non-demihuman folks have a right to go shopping sometimes. Saying otherwise would be speciesism. :P
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I don't believe it. That's nuts!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    It's among the possible random drops but it's like, really unlikely, really really unlikely
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You think that's good loot? Once a goblin from Irenicus Dungeon dropped a scroll of Abi Dhalzim's...
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    XD was that a no reload challenge? Oh god i need a new laptop I'm at the point where I'm typing in 'engrish' and hoping spellcheck notices that because my L key decides when and if its going to work.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    You think that's good loot? In one kill I got carmosyr!

But seriously, thats an awesome drop.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Grum said:

You think that's good loot? In one kill I got carmosyr!

... but that probably wasn't from a goblin!
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    When every lowly goblin in Irenicus' dungeon could equip Composite Longbows in the original BG2, then Full Plate Mail would be the logical choice to protect themselves.
    edited November 2015
    In BG I once got a note that was a riddle about a chair.

If I'm missing out on a wand of fire I really need better luck :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

In BG1 I got a Wand of Fire. From a ghoul in a random encounter. With 12 charges.

I've had that happen to me as well and I have also got a wand of magic missiles as well, and in bg ee recenetly I got a wand of fire from a ghast that had 10 charges
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I found a dagger +2 inside a crack in the wall from the whacky random treasure table the game uses

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Did you guys also know that in Spellhold Naljier Skal, the bard has a 1 in 1000 chance of creating a Rogue Stone?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    edited November 2015

In BG1 I got a Wand of Fire. From a ghoul in a random encounter. With 12 charges.

Imagine the ghoul being capable of using it. That would be nasty surprise, heh.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Oh, and my favorite random drop in BG EE was a scroll of invisibility 10'. You can't get it in shops or fixed treasures and it allows you to do perfect scouting and devastating first strikes.

Yes, that also happened to me in my latest run (or was it the one before? Recently, anyway.) Never had it before, so far as I recall, so I assume it must be pretty rare.
    elminster said:

In BG I once got a note that was a riddle about a chair.

Only once ever? I get that in most runs, sometimes more than once in the same run. I'm sure I had a run a while ago where I got it 4-5 times.

Did you guys also know that in Spellhold Naljier Skal, the bard has a 1 in 1000 chance of creating a Rogue Stone?

I didn't realise it was so rare, I've certainly had that, and I think I've had it twice. Obviously that's over numerous runs, but nevertheless I've evidently been pretty lucky with that one.
    Ammar said:

Oh, and my favorite random drop in BG EE was a scroll of invisibility 10'. You can't get it in shops or fixed treasures and it allows you to do perfect scouting and devastating first strikes.

Ah yes, I've had that a few times, but certainly not in every run. Best random drop in BG1ee, IMO. I recall getting it more than once from the Ogre Mages in the Docks, they seem to offer a reasonably good chance of getting it, and I've had it at least once from a random Ghast encounter.
    edited November 2015

Only once ever? I get that in most runs, sometimes more than once in the same run. I'm sure I had a run a while ago where I got it 4-5 times.

I was joking...
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2015
    I got it like 10 times in my last run. :tongue:
    Regardless, the best random encounter npc loot drop I've seen was a +2 Halberd on a Gnoll in BG1. Once you find the specific Gnoll though, the halberd is always there in his hands waiting.
    GemHound said:

I got it like 10 times in my last run. :tongue:
    Regardless, the best random encounter npc loot drop I've seen was a +2 Halberd on a Gnoll in BG1. Once you find the specific Gnoll though, the halberd is always there in his hands waiting.

Ah, but that's not a random encounter at all, it's a specifically scripted encounter which is always there ... and it's not so good a drop as it first appears. The Gnoll is called Ingot and the weapon is called the Chesley Crusher +2.

Yes, it's a +2 Halberd, but it has a side-effect (mentioned in the item description) of limiting the wielder to 1 APR, which applies even if the wielder would otherwise have more than 1 APR, so that's potentially quite a handicap. It's a good weapon for a Halberd-wielding Bard (or Bard kit other than Blade), since s/he'd normally get only 1 APR anyway, but it's a bad weapon for a Halberd-wielding warrior class who'd normally get +1/2 APR for ** in Halberds and another +1/2 APR for reaching level 7, both of which +APR benefits are lost by wielding this weapon.

So it's fine if you are (or have) a Bard, but it's a bad idea for anyone else. (Bards are the only non-warriors who can use a Halberd at all, so other classes aren't relevant here.)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Gallowglass well, I didn't notice that it limits you to 1 apr that makes the whole thing completely different.
    So that also makes the best one I found a scroll of protection from magic on a kobold on a solo assassin run.