Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• markzakumarkzaku Member Posts: 34
    No worries! It's not your fault, and I appreciate your help in any case.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Hi there!

I wouldn't say it is a bug but as soon as Khalid & Jaheira join the party she brings up the dialog of where should we inter Gorion's remains. She even starts the conversation with "Khalid and I have been discussing this".

I think it's a little out of timing since they just knew about Gorion's death through CHARNAME
    Hudzy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Hi there!

I wouldn't say it is a bug but as soon as Khalid & Jaheira join the party she brings up the dialog of where should we inter Gorion's remains. She even starts the conversation with "Khalid and I have been discussing this".

I think it's a little out of timing since they just knew about Gorion's death through CHARNAME

I'll look at it. Maybe a short timer would be warranted there.
    Hudzy
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    So gibberlings3 has been down for quite a while now. Does anyone know if it's coming back? Is there another place to download this?
    lolien
    BillyYank said:

So gibberlings3 has been down for quite a while now. Does anyone know if it's coming back? Is there another place to download this?

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/releases
    BillyYankJuliusBorisovlolien
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Thank you.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AishaAisha Member Posts: 4
    The bardic reputation adjustment NPCs don't appear to be working correctly for me. Here is what I noticed:

1) If I speak to a bard and have him lower my reputation by any amount, he will do so and proceed to disappear from the game. Leaving the area or saving and reloading will not bring him back. Afterwards, if I leave the area and return, I can see the bard for a split second as the game loads all of the NPCs in the room.

2) The only way I can prevent the bard from disappearing is to quickly leave the area before he vanishes. Doing so breaks the bard's advertisement ("I have the ear of the people.", etc), but he sticks around and I can use him again. Of course, he will disappear if I don't leave area before he does so.

3) If I speak to the bard and decline his services, he stays put and continues to advertise.

I can't tell if this is intended behavior because this is my first time using this mod.
    Aisha said:

The bardic reputation adjustment NPCs don't appear to be working correctly for me. Here is what I noticed:

1) If I speak to a bard and have him lower my reputation by any amount, he will do so and proceed to disappear from the game. Leaving the area or saving and reloading will not bring him back. Afterwards, if I leave the area and return, I can see the bard for a split second as the game loads all of the NPCs in the room.

2) The only way I can prevent the bard from disappearing is to quickly leave the area before he vanishes. Doing so breaks the bard's advertisement ("I have the ear of the people.", etc), but he sticks around and I can use him again. Of course, he will disappear if I don't leave area before he does so.

3) If I speak to the bard and decline his services, he stays put and continues to advertise.

I can't tell if this is intended behavior because this is my first time using this mod.

After you use a bard's services, he deactivates for three days. The disappearing is intended behavior. He has to go out and spread the word.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    I'm going to start a new playthrough with this... :astonished:
    JuliusBorisovHudzyAstroBryGuy
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm thinking about a run with this mod as well :)

One question, though: what variables should I change in the EEkeeper and when if I want Dynaheir to romance my gnome character?
    bengoshi said:

I'm thinking about a run with this mod as well :)

One question, though: what variables should I change in the EEkeeper and when if I want Dynaheir to romance my gnome character?

SetGlobal("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Set it once you've added Dynaheir to the party.
    JuliusBorisovhook71lolien
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2015

One question: If I were to install the romances for both Branwen and Dynaheir, would romances play out for both characters simultaneously, or only with the first character that I accept into my party?

You cannot romance both Dynaheir and Branwen at the same time. You can start the romances with both, but when one of the romances reaches a certain point, it stops the other from continuing.

Are there any options to let them run concurrently? I googled a bit and found the following command:

C:SetGlobal("X#DynaRomCutByOther","GLOBAL",0)

But that seems to "fix" Dynaheir's romance after Branwen's already initiated, which could perhaps block Branwen's romance?

Edit: I also found "P#BranRomCutByOther" in the documentation, so I guess setting that to 0 as well should do the trick? Also, should I do that at the start of the game, or the moment I picked them up?
    edited November 2015
    No. There are script blocks for Dynaheir's and Branwen's romances that look for the other romance being active and in state "2" (i.e., gettin' serious). Those blocks then set the appropriate "CutByOther" variable to 1. Setting it to 0 at the beginning of the game or when you pick up the NPC will have no effect, as the blocks will just set the variable to 1 when they are triggered.
    /* Set Romance Break If Dynaheir is at 2 */
    IF %BGT_VAR%
    Global("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    InParty(Myself)
    InParty("dynaheir")
    !Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    SetGlobal("P#BranRomCutByOther","GLOBAL",1)
    END

IF %BGT_VAR%
    Global("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    InParty("dynaheir")
    InParty(Myself)
    !Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("X#DynaRomCutByOther","GLOBAL",1)
    END
    You'd have to remove the script blocks from the BAF files before installation or edit them with NearInfinity/DLTCEP after installation.

EDIT: PS - No guarantees removing these blocks wouldn't break something else... YMMV
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the information.

I've never actually messed around with BAF files, though...

Would resetting the 2 variables to their previous values fix it, or would this block run repeatedly, disabling the other romance over and over again?
    Actually, it's the other variables that are set that actually block romance lovetalks from continuing: "P#BranwenRomanceActive" and "X#DynaheirRomanceInactive". Note that the blocks trigger on these variables being in their "romance active" states. Unfortunately, setting these Romance(In)Active variables back to their active states allows the disabling block to trigger again. So, it wouldn't work.
    edited November 2015
    So those variables could be used to switch from one romance to another, but not run both romances concurrently. That's too bad, then. I have no idea about BAF files, and not sure I wanna devote time learning how to mod them right now, so I'll make due somehow.

Regardless, thanks for your help!
  • xenon_88xenon_88 Member Posts: 8
    hi, want to ask why I cant recruit kivan and I cant seem to go to the 1st cloakwood.
    edited November 2015
    Did Kivan say, "I don't have time to waste on naive adventurers."? If so, your reputation is too low. Kivan won't join a low reputation party (or a combination of medium rep and min-maxed CHARNAME with 3 Charisma). That's normal, un-modded game behavior.

You need to go to the FAI and travel from the west border of the area the first time you go to the Cloakwood Lodge.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    edited November 2015
    When Vitiare steals from the party at the Nashkel Carnival, Minsc and Imoen got pissed at him, and forced him to return the money.

Is this from BG1NPC? If so, I'd like to report a bug:

There's a brief gap before Minsc sends the pickpocketeer off. If you kill Vitiare during this brief gap, the script gets stuck and Minsc addresses the PC every two seconds.

(I noticed that even with Vitiare alive, Minsc tries to talk to the PC rather than Vitiare, though the sequence completes properly, as long as Vitiare is still alive, even if you manage to kill him before he leaves the tent.)

Mods installed (in order):
    - BG1 NPC Music
    - Wand Case
    - BG1 NPC
    - BG1 UB
    - Neera
    - BG2 Tweaks

(I guess it could be Unfinished Business, rather than NPC?)

I also see a Merchant at the Nashkel Carnival (outside) that doesn't seem familiar, selling a morning star +1, a dagger +1, 5 darts +1, a short sword +1, a destroyer of the hills, and a leather armor +1. Would that merchant come from this mod or one of the other mods?
    Post edited by Thels on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited November 2015
    EDIT: Nevermind, I see that my question was already asked and answered.
    Thels said:

When Vitiare steals from the party at the Nashkel Carnival, Minsc and Imoen got pissed at him, and forced him to return the money.

Is this from BG1NPC? If so, I'd like to report a bug:

There's a brief gap before Minsc sends the pickpocketeer off. If you kill Vitiare during this brief gap, the script gets stuck and Minsc addresses the PC every two seconds.

(I noticed that even with Vitiare alive, Minsc tries to talk to the PC rather than Vitiare, though the sequence completes properly, as long as Vitiare is still alive, even if you manage to kill him before he leaves the tent.)

Mods installed (in order):
    - BG1 NPC Music
    - Wand Case
    - BG1 NPC
    - BG1 UB
    - Neera
    - BG2 Tweaks

(I guess it could be Unfinished Business, rather than NPC?)

I also see a Merchant at the Nashkel Carnival (outside) that doesn't seem familiar, selling a morning star +1, a dagger +1, 5 darts +1, a short sword +1, a destroyer of the hills, and a leather armor +1. Would that merchant come from this mod or one of the other mods?

Yes, it looks like the script block that fires the dialog could use a state check for Vitiare. I'm not sure why it's broken into two dialogs; I assume there was a reason in the past for that.

The Carnival merchant is part of BG1UB.

Hey @AstroBryGuy

Is there any specific time or situation where Branwen's romance is supposed to begin?

I've been messing around with Branwen in my party and her romance installed for quite some time, but no dialogue has been forthcoming. I've uninstalled all my other mods, reinstalled this one twice, accelerated the timing to only 15 minutes, used the player-initiated dialogues to reset her lines, rested numerous times, traveled back and forth, even engaged in battles, but nothing has happened. My charname is a lawful good human paladin with 18 str and 17 con, and my rep has been between 11 and 13 for the entire time that she's been in my party.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Sounds like you have all the requirements.

What are your values for the following variables?

GetGlobal("P#BranMatch","GLOBAL")
    GetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    GetGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL")
    GetGlobal("P#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL")
    SharGuidesMyHandJuliusBorisov

Sounds like you have all the requirements.

What are your values for the following variables?

GetGlobal("P#BranMatch","GLOBAL")
    GetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    GetGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL")
    GetGlobal("P#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL")

Sorry, but how do I find out that info?
    Two ways:

1. Use the CLUAConsole (see http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm for how to enable the console). Enter the commands on the console:

C:GetGlobal("P#BranMatch","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("P#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL")

2. Load a saved game into EE Keeper and check the Global Variables tab for the following variables:

P#BranMatch
    P#BranwenRomanceActive
    P#BRLoveTalk
    P#BrFriendTalk
    SharGuidesMyHandJuliusBorisov

Two ways:

1. Use the CLUAConsole (see http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm for how to enable the console). Enter the commands on the console:

C:GetGlobal("P#BranMatch","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("P#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL")

2. Load a saved game into EE Keeper and check the Global Variables tab for the following variables:

P#BranMatch
    P#BranwenRomanceActive
    P#BRLoveTalk
    P#BrFriendTalk

Using the first way, I'm told that the variable for the first command is "1," but the others "does not exist."

Using the second, only the first command is listed in EE keeper, and shows the variable as "1."

Branwen's friendship talks never started.

Did you install the "Banters, Quests, and Interjections" component? If not, that explains it. The friendship talks are in the banters component, but the romance is keyed to start after the friendship talks have occurred.

Enter the following command at the console:

C:SetGlobal("P#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",2)
    JuliusBorisovSharGuidesMyHandhook71

Branwen's friendship talks never started.

Did you install the "Banters, Quests, and Interjections" component? If not, that explains it. The friendship talks are in the banters component, but the romance is keyed to start after the friendship talks have occurred.

Enter the following command at the console:

C:SetGlobal("P#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",2)

Thanks for all your help.

No, I never installed that component, I usually prefer to play without it. I didn't realize that any of the romances require it - I had previously romanced Ajantis just fine without it installed. Do any of the other romances also require it? And would it be possible to wait until just before I meet the NPC that I want to romance before installing it, and still proceed with the romance?

Thanks again.

Also, would it be possible to uninstall that component once a romance has triggered, and still proceed with just the romance?

As far as I can tell, only Branwen's and Dynaheir's depend on the friendship talk variables.

So, the easiest way to bypass that for Dynaheir would be to use the following console command:

C:SetGlobal("X#DyFriendTalk","GLOBAL",2)
    JuliusBorisovhook71SharGuidesMyHand