Skip to content

BG1 Npc Project shar-teel romance questions

Bboy2073Bboy2073 Member Posts: 38
edited March 2015 in BG:EE Mods
Hi I am about Half way through Bg1 and I picked up shar-teel recently and I plan on romancing her. I am not sure what I should pick in the dialogue when she asks to sleep with you to continue the romance and I would really appreciate anybodies help.

Comments

• jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    Bboy2073 said:

Hi I am about Half way through Bg1 and I picked up shar-teel recently and I plan on romancing her. I am not sure what I should pick in the dialogue when she asks to sleep with you to continue the romance and I would really appreciate anybodies help.

Did you ever find out how to continue? I am looking for some walkthrough for the Shar-Teel romance as well and cannot find anything out there. The guide above doesn't go into specifics on how to proceed in the romance unfortunately.
  • DuchessOfKvetchDuchessOfKvetch Member Posts: 25
    I tried to intuit things myself, and somehow failed, but I think in general the quest is very "fussy".

I know you have to meet the requirements for sure, and that if at anytime you go above 9 rep (I think it's 9?) it somehow stalls forever. There were a few global variables you could reset to restart things, but while I am currently in "romancing" status, the overall arc is stalled for me and it's just spinning wheels in the mud now. YMMV, but I wouldn't recommend tweaking globals since it can bork other unforeseens, potentially, and only get you so far. Better to follow the "rules" to begin with.

It's mostly tricky keeping rep in the proper range in general - below 4 and Flaming Fist spawn, and you can't kill them or rep goes to 1, spawning more ad infinitum, and the existing guards do not disappear, impeding quest progress.

BUT Shar-Teel expects it low, so you have to constantly keep between 4 and 9 reputation. And at only 4 or 5 you risk sudden rep drops spawning those guards, which means you're buggered.

Anyway, check "X#SharInterest" and set it back to 1 if it got set to 3 by a bad dialogue choice or reputation, but the romance *might* already be stalled by this point. If I knew exactly how all those globals interacted this would be much easier but only the dev seems to know for sure (and AstroBryGuy is both available on this forum and the Gibberlings 3 one).

• CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Dammit.
    I was really, really, really looking forward to play new game and try romance with Shar-Teel, but I don´t want to play "bad" party way.
    I was hoping, that I could have Shar-Teel romance even if I would be good alignment. Like it was in BG2 with Viconia, where she (at the end of the day) could become good too.
    Is there any way, how to remove this reputation restriction for romance with Shar-Teel?
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Caszidy said:

Dammit.
    I was really, really, really looking forward to play new game and try romance with Shar-Teel, but I don´t want to play "bad" party way.
    I was hoping, that I could have Shar-Teel romance even if I would be good alignment. Like it was in BG2 with Viconia, where she (at the end of the day) could become good too.
    Is there any way, how to remove this reputation restriction for romance with Shar-Teel?

I dunno about removing the rep restriction, but I do know Shar is not gonna change for you. She is pretty damn evil all the way through, she is not going to become good or even neutral, she might end up caring for CHARNAME, but will still very much enjoy killing, maiming and looting.
    Also you can be neutral and romance her, the rep restriction isn't that bad, it's like ten or something. Just kill a guard or peasant now and then and you should be fine.
    Hell you could even rollplay it and have Shar kill them, because they looked at her funny, or said something as she passed them, or she just didn't like their face.
    Caszidy
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Caszidy said:

Dammit.

I dunno about removing the rep restriction, but I do know Shar is not gonna change for you. She is pretty damn evil all the way through, she is not going to become good or even neutral, she might end up caring for CHARNAME, but will still very much enjoy killing, maiming and looting.
    Also you can be neutral and romance her, the rep restriction isn't that bad, it's like ten or something. Just kill a guard or peasant now and then and you should be fine.
    Hell you could even rollplay it and have Shar kill them, because they looked at her funny, or said something as she passed them, or she just didn't like their face.
    Or you can install the bardic rep component of the mod and use it to "buy" lower rep.
    AstroBryGuyCaszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    And one more question please:-)
    Is it already possible to be blackguard paladin kit and have romance with Shar-Teel, or is it restricted only for "non-paladins"? Because I read somewhere on forums, that being paladin (even the blackguard kit) is show stopper.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Shar's paladin/ranger check should not be triggered by a Blackguard (unless you put on the Helm of Opposite Alignment and become a Good Blackguard :wink:).
    Caszidy
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Caszidy said:

Yes, but not very easily. You will have to edit the dialogue files and alter/remove all the triggers that end the romance if your rep is too high, and also any that check if your rep is low enough before proceeding.